Armalite Picture Thread

Fellowz, that castle nut is indeed on backwards. Im not sure if you care considering its still doing its job, ie keeping that receiver extension on tight.

Hmm, ive got to say that SR15 looks fantastic. Really nice finish on all of the parts. Id really like to hold one to see how good it feels in the hands.

How are the selector switches on it? Do they click positively into each position or is there slop?

Have you taken the gun apart yet to get down to the mechbox? Im curious to see if the ambi selector mechanism is as much of a pain in the *albatross* as the Scar's system is.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Multi M4:

MultiM4002.jpg

MultiM4006.jpg

MultiM4008.jpg

MultiM4015.jpg

MultiM4006.jpg

MultiM4009.jpg

MultiM4010.jpg

Bitz'n'stuff:

G&P Stubby Killer silencer

Ultrafire WF501 CREE Q5 LED

Milspec 20mm. rail

MC-Tech MOD Vert. foregrip Multicam

Element 6.04 prec. barrel

G&P HopUp

Dytac 120 rds Midcap Multicam

ACTION QD Higher Tactical Aimpoint Scope Mount Base FS6

"Walther" 42 mm Red dot

MAGPUL PTS MIAD Pistol Grip CP MULTICAM

Body and gearbox are stock JG.

Have to put MC-Tech Multicam handguard (buy, must grind to put on the gun) & Magpul PTS Multicam CTR stock (no $$$).

Fellowz, that castle nut is indeed on backwards. Im not sure if you care considering its still doing its job, ie keeping that receiver extension on tight.

Hmm, ive got to say that SR15 looks fantastic. Really nice finish on all of the parts. Id really like to hold one to see how good it feels in the hands.

How are the selector switches on it? Do they click positively into each position or is there slop?

Have you taken the gun apart yet to get down to the mechbox? Im curious to see if the ambi selector mechanism is as much of a pain in the *albatross* as the Scar's system is.

selector switches click positivly ;) it is not very easy to switch fire mode,so I guess that I shouldnt switch itself by rubbing on clothes,vest...

I will take it apart when prometheus barrel,pdi spring,and element H-nub comes,to upgrade it...

Cool man, if you dont mind, any chance you could take some pictures of the internals? Its not really necessary since a gearbox is a gearbox to me but im just curious to see if they've changed anything in there from their scar gearboxes besides the bearing diameter.

Cool man, if you dont mind, any chance you could take some pictures of the internals? Its not really necessary since a gearbox is a gearbox to me but im just curious to see if they've changed anything in there from their scar gearboxes besides the bearing diameter.

I am not experienced with opening gun,so I will wait around 2 weeks,before my parts arrive,and then take it to my friend,since he does the upgrades,and take the shots...

don't know it this helps,but it"s from VFC page :

"Inside upgrade from 7mm to 8mm enhanced precision Gear-Box. It equips the professional steel bushing, high hardness steel gears, durable Polymer Carbon piston which material is also the same as the Glock pistol frame, and ball bearing spring guide. It is strictly tested by the 12 volt Car Battery and suit for the Li-Poly battery. The unique patented design of the “Bolt Lock System” allows for easy hop-up adjustment."

@wwjkc:

so the is the innokatsu GBB M4? I agree with our resident marine, it looks good. I bet from a meter away it's indistiguishable from Colt trades.

@fallen11:

i've had the scar apart before. it sounds like they installed larger bushings, and made them steel not plastic. can't say anything about the piston though (not a particular fan of glocks either, lol) you'd have to take off the upper receiver(by taking ot the fron pin) and try if you can see it through the "window" in the back of the GB. if it's see through, it's likely still the same as the Scar and 416.

personally, i'm a big fan of VFC. their externals are about the best in airsoft, and though they tend to use plastic internally where they better shouldn't, they've done a number of useful improvements to the good ol' V2, like the spring-shimmed gears and the ARLUW(Anti-reversal-latch-unjam-window)

speaking of plastic, what about the hop up?

@wwjkc:

so the is the innokatsu GBB M4? I agree with our resident marine, it looks good. I bet from a meter away it's indistiguishable from Colt trades.

@fallen11:

i've had the scar apart before. it sounds like they installed larger bushings, and made them steel not plastic. can't say anything about the piston though (not a particular fan of glocks either, lol) you'd have to take off the upper receiver(by taking ot the fron pin) and try if you can see it through the "window" in the back of the GB. if it's see through, it's likely still the same as the Scar and 416.

personally, i'm a big fan of VFC. their externals are about the best in airsoft, and though they tend to use plastic internally where they better shouldn't, they've done a number of useful improvements to the good ol' V2, like the spring-shimmed gears and the ARLUW(Anti-reversal-latch-unjam-window)

speaking of plastic, what about the hop up?

I personally ahte those spring shimmed gears.... If you want your gears shimmed right you do it manually, not fope for this small little spring thingy to keep them at exactly the right height when that have such large forces operating on them at like 1000rpm <_< Thats just me though, never been a fan of the self shimming gimmick....

Nice pic Skyflash I like the lighting (FYI-your A2 flash hider is upside down, the cutout holes should be on top) I'm getting my replica PEQ-15's tonight. I'm going to mod/paint a couple of things on it to make it look more realistic. Check out the real ones here, photos by SMGLEE. Photos # 77 and 118-131:

http://imageevent.com/smglee/clt2?n=0&...amp;w=0&p=0

Edited by Hispeed1

In response to the comments about the self shimming gears. At most velocities and rpms, ie 400 and below and 1000 and below, you really dont run into any problems with the gear system. Its not AS good as manually shimming and adjusting the gears yourself but the simple fact of the matter is that it works and quite frankly, it functions better than most OEM shim jobs.

Im considering getting the SR16 as im extremely impressed across the board with VFC's products thus far. The inclusion of metal bushings/bearings in this bad boy are the icing on the cake and basically mean that you've got a gun that needs zero replacement or upgrade parts out of the box. The only thing keeping me from getting one is the darned proprietary selector parts. Replacements are pretty hard to get and i would rue the day i broke something and couldnt find a replacement.

Switching gears, ive got to say i dig that copperhead paintjob. Im impresed by it although it does almost look a bit like little Nemo lol.

In regards to the MTW, not bad, not bad at all. Like Corps said, the trades arent completely repulsive. My only grip is that the finish on the gun looks rather...bad.