Armalite Picture Thread

Medium range engagements= Trijicon ACOG 4X

Short range= EOTech holosights/Aimpoint M2/M3

For airsoft and real steel. Milla is right on with his comment on optics usage for Mil/LE and home defense. M0ar pics!

Waiting on you to lead the way Hispeed how about those Hi-res... :D

Best optic I've used for airsoft is the NcStar

The NcStar compact Mark III Tactical scope has great eye relief . In 2-7x32 its great on the snap shot and when you need a clearer picture in distance circumstances.

It's just as fast as my fakotech 552 but I have a much better chance of archiving a hit with the 2x view. You can keep both eyes open while using it keeping your perphials and its VERY acurate as well. I use 3.5x view when I need a high acuracy from the 100'-150' mark where the BB's trajectory is still relatively flat.

IM001618.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Edited by Titanium416
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive only shot at moving targets with irons (i was issued an A2) so i cant really comment... i just led them 1-2 person widths at 200 yards

but what i will say is that i much prefer the eotech over the aimpoint for one reason: field of view. the aimpoint is tubular, which makes it in my opinion, slower and harder to use (very slightly though)

i love the view on the eotech because its right there, and ready for you. no lining up at all. just one lens.

i have a bushnell holosight on my 16" socom16, and i love it; i also have the best of both worlds because i have the dot version, not the donut.

so for me, thats perfect. and on the perfect rifle

-Joe

i much prefer the eotech over the aimpoint for one reason: field of view. the aimpoint is tubular, which makes it in my opinion, slower and harder to use (very slightly though)

If you are shooting as you should be with a RDS (that is, both eyes open) then there should be little to no obstructions at all. You should see your target, and superimposed over him you should see a dot (or in the case of the EOTech, the A65 Reticle)

Folks claimed the same with the Aimpoint Micro T-1, saying that they felt they were experiencing "tunnel-vision" when using it, due to the small objective lens. This is operator error, unless you have some sort of astigmatism that forces you to close one of your eyes when shooting with an RDS (which does and has happened.)

EDIT***

But as usual, chose what works for you. I sipped the EOTech Kool-Aid back in the day too...

Picture Thread:

DSC06567.jpg

Edited by Sparky2129

um....lets see....how to get this straightened out....PIC REQUEST!

I'd like to see a KWA SM4 with a fire pig noise amplifier in OD, with od furniture and od rail covers, and a KA modstock....

or something....like..an m-4.....armalite...PIC!!! :huh::D

All this scope/optics discussion is good. There are a lot of general tips for what to use when. But in the end-use what works for you regardless of what latest/greatest thing you see on real steel pics. I'll shoot some pics of my updated M4/AR's soon...

@Cryozen: great first post, welcome to the thread and I predict that you will be tinkering with your M4 soon... That's how we all started out (twitch-twitch). May I also suggest a higher mount for your replica Aimpoint red dot? You should be able to get a lower 1/3 co-witness with your front iron sight with that. Good luck!

@Cryozen: great first post, welcome to the thread and I predict that you will be tinkering with your M4 soon... That's how we all started out (twitch-twitch). May I also suggest a higher mount for your replica Aimpoint red dot? You should be able to get a lower 1/3 co-witness with your front iron sight with that. Good luck!

Yeah, Im already saving for a nice TBB to be followed with a bucking. And a mount of some sort is on route as well.

I should also mention it is a GR16 Carbine Plastica. For 170 USD, I could not have asked for a more impressive ROF.

Edited by Cryozen

These will be my three main weapons for assualt this year......the 2006 anniversary edtion is going to be updated, I'm going to be getting the ICS SIR system frontset for it, and make it into a side folding S-System. She needs some gearbox loving, a reshim and relube, and a new hop up unit....

geardo104.jpg

I'm also planning on a mosfet, a Vanaras PEQ 15 with lipo, and a G+P Scorpian Green Laser/Flashlight, along with a real steel Aimpoint and Magnifyier....

Edited by ruvon

Selling my TM m4 so I had to take some pics, and I like how some of them turned out:

DSCN1790.jpg

DSCN1792.jpg

DSCN1805.jpg

Also selling my Aimpoint, magnifier, and FTS mount, so had to get some pics of those too:

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1811.jpg

Dropped my camera in the snow accidentally and the lens got kinda wet, yet I kind of like how this pic came out... it makes it look "dreamy" or something like that:

DSCN1822.jpg