Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys go about hideing a PEQ Batterys wire?

I want mine mouted on the top of the rail unit, but dont want the wire to stick out.

Is the only good way to hide it mounting the PEQ on the side?

Hi! Thats something that's always bothered me too.

Best thing you can do is get a battery that you can hide its wires and connector inside the peq too, then change the wires from the gun for the thinnest high flow ones you can find (look on ebay or electronics shop). Use black for both; using a red one is just to avoid mixing up + and -.

Then there's also another neat trick that is to not use the provided hole for the wires but to drill a new one right in front or behind the rail attachment of the PEQ; by running the wires out of the guns rail right under that hole, the PEQ will cover them almost completely, even when aiming.

You make the hole, put the PEQ on, cut the wires coming from the gun in a much longer length than finally needed, run the wires without the connector through the hole, let them come out of the PEQ, calculate how long you need them and put the connectors on.

Hope that helps!

I've been wanting a CQBR for a long time now but I just can't see spending a ton more dough to get another gun and I don't want to sacrifice my m4's standard barrel with a 10.3" barrel swap. The main reason is because I've always liked the look of suppressed CQBRs. I cringe at the sight of a suppressor dangling on the end of a 14.5 or a 20 inch barrel.

Anyway, I got tired of waiting and I got a hold of an old plastic suppressor that came with a gun I bought probably 6 years ago and modified it so that it would hide a portion of my barrel to make the gun look like a suppressed 10.3" barrel and came up with this:

split.jpg

It's ended up pretty sweet, I spent a long time making it so that it'd screw on the existing threaded end snuggly and securely with no wobble and that it is 360 deg. plumb to the barrel, but it ended up looking more like a 10.5" instead of a 10.3" due to some faulty measuring on the length of the inside tube. It makes my A2 look like a suppressed Dissipator.

What I'm wondering is if any of you guys knows of a specific metal suppressor that works like this one to hide a portion of the outer barrel. I'd like a straight one instead of this beveled one.

azngoonie313; That looks a lot like what I have planned for my gun, I got a BSA huntsman and larue mount, and I am thinking of a Emod stock on it. All with OD furniture (railcovers, grip, stock, pmag).

Have you tried to shoot with the scope like that? Is it high enough to have good eye relief?

azngoonie313; That looks a lot like what I have planned for my gun, I got a BSA huntsman and larue mount, and I am thinking of a Emod stock on it. All with OD furniture (railcovers, grip, stock, pmag).

Have you tried to shoot with the scope like that? Is it high enough to have good eye relief?

Its not really a matter of being high enough. Its more of a matter of whether or not the scope is pushed forward far enough since the TR21 has tremendous eye relief. If its the SPR-E version it should be good to go. Also, depending on how you shoot, with a standard SPR mount you may not experience any problems.

What I'm wondering is if any of you guys knows of a specific metal suppressor that works like this one to hide a portion of the outer barrel. I'd like a straight one instead of this beveled one.

the madbull quicksilver supressors do that. here's a buddy of mine with one on his 14.5" M4

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/djbo...to/100_2610.jpg

I think they look pretty sweet.

Edited by the roob

Got my current build almost finished. Still need to get another set of BUIS for it, but I've since decided to make it more suitable for distance.

Just finished my $20 photography setup and the first batch of photos that went with it... Only one of twenty turned out decently - the table I had my tripod on was too wobbly making the rest blurry. I'll post some more in a few hours after I get a taller tripod ($15 6"-11" stinks).

DSCN2841.jpg

Leupold replica rocks too. I like it better that the (rather cheap) Bushnell and similarly priced ones I have. Crystal clear sight picture, great eye relief (from eye piece; 2"-3.5" estimated), clear reticule when illuminated up to 50%, and a damn nice finish.

Cheers.

Edited by QDRenegade
the madbull quicksilver supressors do that. here's a buddy of mine with one on his 14.5" M4

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/djbo...to/100_2610.jpg

I think they look pretty sweet.

Thanks roob, I was wondering if anyone was going to answer my question. That's just what I'm looking for I think. I'm going to look it up now.

Thanks again.

Back again from the new setup. Buddy brought a tripod that doesn't fall apart so the camera was much steadier. Photos turned out very well with a studio feel that I'm rather new to. I'll make a write-up on how this was achieved (a hell of a lot easier than you would think for $20).

But alas; here is the new outfit:

DSCN2892.jpg

DSCN2893.jpg

DSCN2903.jpg

Cheers.

Holy Christ!

That is the sickest varient of an Armalite I have ever seen.

Whats it shooting at? Looks like a nice MBR class AEG for the field.

Thanks! It's been through many changes - I think it's done. I haven't chrono'd it lately, but I have an m110, m120, and m130 on hand. Currently, the m120 is installed such that I shouldn't have a 100ft MED.

Oh, my...

That, is one hell of a setup!

The only thing it needs, and I say this lightly, as it's damn perfect as it is, is a Doctor Optic for the top rail on the scope mount.

-Vic

Was thinking about it... Dunno what to do with the top if anything. The turrets on the scope are rather tall making a small optic's use rather difficult. I'll have to try one I think :P

Wow. Just wow. I usually despise ready-mags but for some reason I love it on your setup.

Haha thanks. I figure 16 rounds won't get me too far so I best have another 16 ready to go.

that is a thing of beauty! What LASER unit it that on the forward left section of the RIS???

Haha it's a little pricey. It's a LaserMax Uni-Max Red found here. Definately a nice piece of work though and worth looking into.

I got more board so I'll try to get some more photos of this and the SBR manana.

Cheers.

Edited by QDRenegade