Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I bought a King Arms M4 metal body and the my metal magazines are a tight fit.

Anyway to fix this? Maybe sand it down or something? I havent put the gear box in yet, but whan it goes as far as the mag would go if a gear box was in it, it rips the internals of the mag right out.

I dont understand why they built it not to take any mags out of the box...

MrFxhound: I had the same issue with my King Arms Colt M4 metal body (receiver kit) and TM M4 that I upgraded. Did you stick a magazine in the magwell while installing the metal body? You need to because the mechbox/bb feed hole won't line up with the magazine. I thought the inside of the metal body magazine well was too thick so I kept filing the inside edges. But an airsoft tech pointed the allignment issue out. Also, the King Arms bolt catch function on their metal body only works well with King Arms mechboxes, they don't work well with Tokyo Marui. After you pull on the charging handle to keep the fake bolt/hop-up cover open and push on the bolt release, it won't close as good as on a full King Arms M4. But other than that, the TM M4 with the King Arms Colt M4 receiver works great.

Crappy photos but.... Shee iss ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

Just got a nice VLTOR gas block, but can't get my old gas tube out of my old gas block :(

It's a SP decked out with VLTOR (even the sling attachment point) except the MIAD grip, the VLTOR grip looks cheesy.

Edited by frogfish

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g206/per...34/DSC01003.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g206/per...34/DSC01004.jpg

Just got a nice VLTOR gas block, but can't get my old gas tube out of my old gas block :(

It's a SP decked out with VLTOR (even the sling attachment point) except the MIAD grip, the VLTOR grip looks cheesy.

Sweet, moar classics! How is the changing of mag for you? Seem to be very little exposed mag to pull if it doesn't just drop out.

006-12.jpg

my new armalite variant

externals

G&P Widow Maker MBK

Madbull JP Rifle Carbine Length Handguard

G&P HK416 Stock

005-15.jpg

armalite family

JP Rifle Full Length

JP Rifle Carbine Length

2x SR-16 w/ M16A2 MBK

008-8.jpg

mags to feed that family

4x 300 rd hicaps

9x 100 rd mids

11x 190 VN hicaps

1x 3000 rd autowind box

OMFG, I want that config - CASV with EGLM. EVIL.

I know you switched to a gas system, but I'm curious how big of a battery could you put into the CASV - do you think it can't fit 9.6v 2000mah mini-nunchucks?

Sweet, moar classics! How is the changing of mag for you? Seem to be very little exposed mag to pull if it doesn't just drop out.

The Mag mids kinda get spat out by this weapon so it does just fall out, however when I usualy pull a mag I do so from the bottom so it's not a big deal for me and there is plenty of mag to grab.

OMFG, I want that config - CASV with EGLM. EVIL.

I know you switched to a gas system, but I'm curious how big of a battery could you put into the CASV - do you think it can't fit 9.6v 2000mah mini-nunchucks?

Well if you don't have a gas tube I would say there is plenty of room for batteries like a 9.6v nun chuck, none of those big bulky batteries but something small would.

Edited by frogfish

Please excuse the crappy image quality.

mag-th.jpg

klick for higher resolution

The magazine is a self made 30rds mag, works fine.

ICS bolt cover for the realistic looking

China made 3x magnifier w/ G&P mount base

EoTech 552

Guarder Bushmaster receiver

King Arms MRF-MX

VFC OPS silencer (shortened)

Element EMOD stock

Some old Harris style bipod (i guess Classic Army)

Full tuned Systema gearbox

Prometheus precision barrel

...and much much more stuff

A little bit too tacticool with the flashlight but there aren't much occasions to use it, so i just attached it for a moment.

You might not see it but the R500 is attached w/ the mount that came with the magnifier, mounted on a 45° panel.

Should a 416 really be in the Armalite thread?

I don't see why it shouldn't. You actually don't see a whole lot of Armalite trades in here, most are Colts, FNs, Barretts and other makes. The HK416 is built upon the Armalite Rifle design other than the operating system, it's not a subby like an HK5, it would normally fire a 5.56mm round, it's not an AK variant etc. etc. ...

Actually Albert, I was talking about the gun itself. Did you buy all of the parts and assemble them or was it a CA, G&P, JG or otherwise at it's birth?

Edited by MERCILESSPIT
I don't see why it shouldn't. You actually don't see a whole lot of Armalite trades in here, most are Colts, FNs, Barretts and other makes. The HK416 is built upon the Armalite Rifle design other than the operating system, it's not a subby like an HK5, it would normally fire a 5.56mm round, it's not an AK variant etc. etc. ...

I propose the name of the thread be changed to the Stoner's Picture Thread as per the original designer of the M16 platform ;)

/joke

Seriousily though, I'd sooner call my aeg a Stoner than an Armalite.

/technicalities

Edited by QDRenegade
Actually Albert, I was talking about the gun itself. Did you buy all of the parts and assemble them or was it a CA, G&P, JG or otherwise at it's birth?

Once, it was a CA but i've changed almost everything. Now, the only original part is the outer barrel.