Armalite Picture Thread

Thanks for the mention along with the other known Armalite builders-but I don't think I'd like to join an Armalite build-off contest. It's not my motive to post here. I just want to share my builds/hobby with other fellow AR nuts.

@ Titanium416: I'll post some hi-res pics later when I update my set-ups. Thanks.

Edited by Hispeed1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the mention along with the other known Armalite builders-but I don't think I'd like to join an Armalite build-off contest. It's not my motive to post here. I just want to share my builds/hobby with other fellow AR nuts.

@ Titanium416: I'll post some hi-res pics later when I update my set-ups. Thanks.

Im with hispeed on this one. The Stoners have so many possible combinations to make the perfect fit for each individual - judging would be totally subjective. I think the best thing to do is encourage folks with the nice builds to take some high resolution photos that can be used as desktop wallpapers and other potential resources. Perhaps set some criteria for the final images such that everyone, within reason, can submit something. Any photos that meet the criteria could then be hosted (I've got plenty of space and bandwidth) in many resolutions such the public could enjoy them more. Imagine your favorite photo in 1920x1200, 1600x1200, or whatever your resolution is as your desktop background. Having a source of quality Stoner photos could also be a resource for lifting the newbie stigma that plagues Stoners in the event that people trash talk 'em.

Sure, we could do that but Corps is going to win easily...
It's no contest when he's around.
LOL... thanks guys!

I just build guns that I like.:) Some are by design, some by (happy) accident, and some are based off RS pieces I've seen on the web. But I do find my taste evolving frequently.

There's a lot of kick *albatross* ARs in these threads and I'd have some stiff competition! Hispeed's and QDRenegade's ARs immediately come to mind... and there are so many more.

can someone point me towards Corps profile so i can check it out.

I added some pics to an Album/Gallery. Most of the pics are a bit out-dated with what i currently have, but some of it's there:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...i&img=11682

I've added a few new pieces since. I should probably take some pics of the entire AR "family" sometime soon. ;)

Thanks you guys for all the good ideas, and thanks uscmcorps for the link. I do agree, we should have some sort where we can have a higher resolution desktop image to glance at. I'll talk to a Mod and see what can be done. In the meantime any suggestions on criteria and ideas as how to approach this, please PM me. Now, lets get back to AR's shall we =D

It's all replica, except for the Tango Down grip and the CTR. It's a VFC HK416 with the orignal gearbox (modified though), Magpul fde receiver, Magpul PTS fde MIAD, Magpul XTM fde and black railpanels, VFC AAC flashhider, Avalon Larue mount, Bomber flip-to-side mount, Vanaras Magnifier, ACM aimpoint, real Tango Down grip and a real civilian spec CTR stock. Might get a Bomber Larue replica grip, Vanaras PEQ-15 with lipo and some short P-Mags though. Be careful if you want to try the same though; the holes of the upper and lower don't line up so they have to be slightly modified.

How's the finish/color match on the Avalon Larue mount and Bomber flip-to-side mount? I already have the Avalon mount, and I'm looking to buy a FTS mount. I know the one thats sold on ebaybanned is off in color...

Actually If i recall correctly isn't Avalon/Bomber/Prime all the same?

As you can see in the picture, the color doesn't quite match, especially the lock thingie. I prefer the color of the VFC/Avalon, it's flat while the Bomber has more of a satin finish. They're both well-made though. I'm not sure if Bomber is Prime, but it's definitely not the same as VFC/Avalon.

Ya, I deffinatley agree it needs some spice. My problem is that I have put all my cash into the internalls and not much on the externalls. Next up will be the G&P Special Forces body, King Arms MK12 Mod1 kit and a CA bipod.

And upgrading the internals is compleatly pointless because now I am tuning it down to 380 FPS so I can run with some of the guys at the local field (I am running 460 now).

Edited by Fox13
Magpul 416... or whatever you want to call it ;p

It's not exactly as I want it but meh, I'm not spending any more money on it.

http://users.telenet.be/j3T/mil/DSC_3070-3.jpg

Looks bad *albatross* dude. I'm impressed you were able to mate the upper and lower! Have you considered a Tango Down QD Stubby Vertical Grip for that shooter? I think it'll be perfect for it!

DSCN2899.jpg

Still need to get a new gas block and gas tube. Any recommendations aside from the vltor low-pro one?

ETA: Oh yeah, as far as wallpaper goes (like were trying to get you folks to do), here are some higer resolution versions of the above with a small name stamp (standardized so they're all the same?).

1600x1200

1920x1200

Edited by QDRenegade
PRI, noveske, KAC, Larue, all look nice... The KAC is overpriced... The noveske is just a vltor in different clothes, the PRI I own and is nice.....

...I've looked around. Haha. I'm looking for recomendations :P I suppose the PRI is almost identical to the Vltor and Noveske... I'm looking at the Vltor one at ebaybanned at the moment - $10 with free shipping:

gasblock.jpg

Only down side is that there is no metal tube.

Looks bad *albatross* dude. I'm impressed you were able to mate the upper and lower! Have you considered a Tango Down QD Stubby Vertical Grip for that shooter? I think it'll be perfect for it!

Yeah, I was impressed too. I had already given up and was putting the 416 back in his original state when I gave it one more try, after lying unfinished in my closet for a month or so. It took some serious modifying of the lower receiver though. I have considered the shorty TD, but a Larue FUG in the short configuration might look a bit better. And perhaps some short PMAG's.