Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Internal stats?

I'm still waiting on the RiotSC CNC'd Torque Plus gears and an Extreme-Fire Cheetah MOSFET (hiding it in the MIAD grip) to complete the parts for the build, but so far I have:

MTHaynes 6MilSpec CNC gearbox with 7mm Modify bushings

Prometheus Spring Guide with bearings

Guarder SP150 (might have to cut or switch to a SP140)

Deepfire version 2 Titanium toothed half tooth piston

Prometheus closed cylinder

Prometheus Metal Piston Head

Prometheus Cylinder Head

Pakayama Craft Nozzle

Systema Magnum

Systema Switch Assembly

11.1v 1100mah 15C Li-Poly

Prometheus hop-up with strike chamber

Prometheus Purple & Firefly Spicy Bucking

Shredder's SCS nub

Testing out a Tanio Koba G3 length Twist barrel, and an EdGI 6.02 ported barrel (which I have to figure out how to port my barrel accordingly)

Very nice indeed. It screams for a LaRue FUG, though. :D

-Vic

I had one for my Noveske Diplomat, but sold it a little bit ago. Great grip, but I needed the money!

Trichrome, that is a fantastic build man, seriously, very nice work.

Ill second the other requests here for info on the miad mod+the cheetah, i have a panther that is positively huge and could never fit into a miad unless i removed the motor.

Also, what kind of battery are you running in that thing? Obviously something with decent amperage ratings in order to pull that kind of spring.

How is the Firefly bucking? Mine sucks, as you know, but is yours any better? How is the pakayama nozzle? Also, how are ya expecting to fit the cheetah into the MIAD? Lastly, what is the shredder nub? Where can one get it?

The gun still needs to be built internally so I haven't tested the two buckings, 2 barrels, and the 2 nozzles yet. The Schredder nub is made in the Philippines and can be ordered from EdGI. It's basically a Big-Out H-Nub that more closely follows the contour of the BB.

Ill second the other requests here for info on the miad mod+the cheetah, i have a panther that is positively huge and could never fit into a miad unless i removed the motor.

Also, what kind of battery are you running in that thing? Obviously something with decent amperage ratings in order to pull that kind of spring.

Here's links to the pics of the mocked up grip (with cut marks), and my to-scale cardboard dummy MOSFET so you can get the idea. It's going to be extremely tight, but if my measurements are correct it will fit (hopefully with enough grip material left so it doesn't crumble ;) Might have to switch to the older tried and true SW-Computer since it's like .2 inches smaller, or have Gandolf build a custom one that's longer and narrower (or move it to the RIS, or the back of the stock so I can't collapse it all the way).

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/TriC...MIAD_MOSFET.jpg

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/TriC...AD_MOSFET_2.jpg

The battery is a Hot Power 11.1v 1100mah 15C that's stored in the buffer tube. It has a low discharge rate at 16.5 amps (higher than the Firefox though), but the burst rating isn't listed for the pack and that's what effects semi-auto the most. G&P/EP Power came out with a slightly higher discharge version which I'll try out as well. Either way with the extremely low ratio gears even an 8.4v battery would turn over the spring (trigger response would suck though).

TriChrome: What sight is that?

Barska Euro-30. Here's the rest of the parts in case anybody asks:

Magpul CTR stock in FDE with buttpad

G&P Crane stock buffer tube (lets battery sit further in)

G&P Quick detach sling mount

King Arms VLTOR MUR metal body

G&P KAC SPR charging handle

G&P KAC style 600 meter rear sight

Magpul MIAD Grip in FDE

Magpul Trigger Guard in FDE

Magpul 20rd. PMAG with Ranger Plate in FDE

Barska Euro-30 Scope in DD LaRue SPR mount

Madbull Dissipator outer barrel cut to 18"

G&P Defender/Daniel Defense MK18 RIS, 9.5"

Magpul Ladder Rail Protectors x3 in FDE

King Arms VLTOR Sight Tower

love that first pic BigBabyMoses06, good stuff

I'm pretty sure that's not his picture though. It's Masamune's.

Sorry for being extremly off topic.....but did you take the picture of your pet with a dinosaur costume after the southpark episode?

And that's Pedobear.