Armalite Picture Thread

my current work in progress M4

P090808_111801.jpg

P090808_1119.jpg

P090808_1117.jpg

P090808_111901.jpg

P090808_1120.jpg

anyone got any advice on what i should add next. im thinking of a 203 and a flashlight.

im also gonna change the stock to this one :- http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=905

and spray the dummy bolt and EOTech cover OD. does anytihng think flip up sights would look better that the

solid sights i have?

Edited by lewis hiscock
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes to flip up front sight, also try ladder rail covers and a small tac light on the right hand side. And imo get a better looking replica of the PEQ as that one honestly looks a bit naff ;) (G&P and VFC make good ones). Other then that looks great.

Went haywire with the Dremel.

DSCN1235.jpg

DSCN1413.jpg

DSCN1407.jpg

DSCN1431.jpg

Yeah. I like my $70 EOTech 551 knockoff better than the $1,400 ACOG TA31.

DSCN1399.jpg

Cheers. Nice looking Magpul gear a few posts up :P The CTR is the only Magpul item Im missing, but that won't be the case when I get around to building my SBR.

Edited by QDRenegade
Hey Renegade, how do you like that UBR stock? I have been looking into getting one, but I have never actually seen one in person.

My first impressions have me wanting to put the PRS back on instead. However, the UBR really collapses to a very small length which may be excellent for the purpose. It's very solid and not as heavy as it looks. Fully extended its about the length of the PRS minus all the fine adjustments. Part of my issue may be that I have a higher top rail due to the POF Predator which the PRS could compensate for perfectly. Note that with the UBR, you will need to get your hands dirty and modifiy parts with saws, a welder/glue among things. I took a PTS A2 extension and cut it to carbine length and that seems to have done the trick.

As far as getting one goes, I can't vouch for it. I will vouch for the CTR and PRS, but my limited experience and what I have read, the UBR is definately hit or miss. Damned if it aint pretty, but comfort isnt garunteed.

Cheers. Feel free to let me know if you have specific questions.

What a coincidence, I'm accepting ACOG donations as we speak.

Trust me. ACOGs do not match their reputation. Your eye has to be in a certain spot to see the reticle correctly (even moreso than high magnification scopes) leaving the total eye relief as plain awful. EOtech/Aimpoint and magnifier would be a much better solution.

Edited by QDRenegade

I´m currently installing the G&P "M16 VN" kit on my old JG m16a3, too bad G&P didn´t bother to include instructions since that would have saved me some time, especially since it´s the first M16 I´ve had to deal with.

I´m done with the lower receiver, stock and front end: all that´s left is to put all the pieces together. However, the god damn lower receiver refuses to fit on the upper, it just wont go all the way in, I´m not sure how far in the hop unit is supposed to go...

I would really appreciate if some one would point the directions to a "how to do"-guide or if those of you with experience would share your knowledge.

The G&P kit is really nice, but right now I kind of hate it.

Thank you.

Trust me. ACOGs do not match their reputation. Your eye has to be in a certain spot to see the reticle correctly (even moreso than high magnification scopes) leaving the total eye relief as plain awful. EOtech/Aimpoint and magnifier would be a much better solution.

i disaggree. i really like acogs, and i find them very easy to use.

ill take yours ;)

-Joe

I´m currently installing the G&P "M16 VN" kit on my old JG m16a3, too bad G&P didn´t bother to include instructions since that would have saved me some time, especially since it´s the first M16 I´ve had to deal with.

I´m done with the lower receiver, stock and front end: all that´s left is to put all the pieces together. However, the god damn lower receiver refuses to fit on the upper, it just wont go all the way in, I´m not sure how far in the hop unit is supposed to go...

I would really appreciate if some one would point the directions to a "how to do"-guide or if those of you with experience would share your knowledge.

The G&P kit is really nice, but right now I kind of hate it.

Thank you.

Is the charging handle hanging up on the gearbox? Had that happen to me when I fitted a G&P receiver... The hopup should slide all the way into the barrel and then once the gun is back together auto-reset itself with the spring above it.