Armalite Picture Thread

That's awesome Corps, what price range did that run you? Weathering effects are awesome, the only for that stand out for me is how Troy sights are bit "too clean" Other than that, F-ing awesome.

I just used the word "awesome" 3 time in one post :huh: Did I mention I think it is awesome?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

incredible. next time we play, id like to see them. have you heard anything from top?

whats that sight like?

-Joe

Thanks!

I'll definitely bring them with me to the next Pendleton OP... unless I go all AK next time ;)

The Pride Fowler IronDot is nice. Being a low profile version it sits a little low on some guns so I used a A.R.M.S. short mount to raise it 0.5". The dot is brighter than my RS Docter Optic, and about as bright and clear as my LaRue Tactical IronDot Burris FastFire. It has a manual on/off that overrides the auto on/off functionality just like the FastFire except the switch is on the front whereas the Fastfire's is on the side.

Last I heard from Top... there might be something in October.

That's awesome Corps, what price range did that run you? Weathering effects are awesome, the only for that stand out for me is how Troy sights are bit "too clean" Other than that, F-ing awesome.

I just used the word "awesome" 3 time in one post :huh: Did I mention I think it is awesome?

LOL... thanks. Yeah... I was about to dirty them up, but I just can't bring myself to do it... yet. ;)

Price? I really... really... don't like to think about it. I'll just say it wasn't cheap. :blink:

Edited by uscmCorps

It depends on the lipo... Most RC lipos will have deans, as that is the RC stardard, is it not? If you get an airsoft lipo, it will probably have tamiya connectors, small or large... Also, if you get an RC lipo, and it comes with a small/mini lipo, the polarity of the wires is probably reversed, meaning you'll need to take out the connector and swap the wires IIRC. Many rc places let you pick what connector you add to the lipo....

Oh wait.. Its gun coat or something to that tone that takes 6 weeks to dry, isn't it? I just remember one of the no-bake or airbrush on gun paints took 6 weeks to set.... I have been having major rust problems... I think I'll remove the rust and get a can or parkerized gray, and matte black and apply after all rust is removed... A good paint like this should prevent rust, amirite? The hurricane finish just allows rust to form waaaay to easy...... Then maybe add some rem-oil on top to have a complete rustproof gun..... Thats wat I am thinking any way...

Also, des anyone know where one could get a nice and strong charging handle spring? Thanks.

Thanks Vic. The paint is the spray and wait kind. Takes about 6 to 8 weeks to fully cure but you can handle the painted part in about 5 days.

All you guys with real RIS/RAS units, what did you have to do to the receiver threading to make them fit?

I had to use a AR Barrel Nut die to re-thread the upper.

quick question about lipo batteries

do they use the same mini concetors as standard batteries or will you need an adapter or change the connectors completely.

Depends on where you buy them. I got mine off of eBay from an RC shop and they came without connectors. I bought a bag of ten minis for $2 and put them on myself. Extremely easy to do, but if you want peak performance go with deans.

Would these work?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=23365

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=23364

I'm not sure...so I'd wait for clarification.

-Vic

Those are probably fine. I bought my die from Brownells: AR Upper Receiver/Barrel Nut Die (1.250"-18 tpi) (Product number - 080-598-126)

The Brownells one costs about the same and will probably last longer as it's made to work on RS receivers. If you're going to go with one of these I recommend using some cutting oil and a strap wrench. Also don't forget to back it out after every 1/4-1/5 turn.

The Madbull ones seem to be almost the same threading (1.25 inch = 31.75 millimeter) except theirs is only slightly off as they probably have a hard time finding die's that aren't metric in Asia so they went with the closest possible metric match.

If you live in the US, I'd suggest to go with Brownells as shipping the Madbull one from HK will probably be expensive compared to Brownells.

Regarding the paint, a few people have PM'ed me inquiring about the paint I used. It's ALUMA-HYDE® II in Coyote Color, also from Brownells. The AR-15.com guys did some testing and found that of the entire Brownells paint line, and those of various other brands, the Brownells Coyote Aluma-Hyde II in Coyote most closely resembles Magpul's FDE color. And because it comes in a spray can it's much easier to apply than Duracoat. I just sprayed 10 TM Standard mags this afternoon. :) Just make sure that if you go with Brownells, you follow their instructions! It's really simple to use as seen in

I'll add a +1 to Brownells too. Damn good service, almost unmatched.

Well, finally got something smaller to replace my Surefure M4D and got that all wrapped up in a Vltor package. STAR pmags came in too... they're significantly better than the STAR usgi magazines. Hell, I'll end up using them over my metal magazines too. Its all set up for some woodland combat this week using an M120. The supressor is excessively heavy though so I doubt I'll be toting that for too long without the bipod.

DSCN2295.jpg

Dressed up for dancing:

DSCN2302.jpg

And by 'dancing' I mean shooting opponents from as far away as an M130 will allow.

Reports of how the STARPUL PMAGs work will come this weekend. So far there arent any feeding problems though the twenty-rounders will only pack to 22 meaning that I can only get 18 or 19 shots from them.

DSCN2252.jpg

Shininess aside, they're surprisingly accurate though they will never weigh the same as a PMAG loaded with 5.56mm rounds. Also gotta love the silence that comes with real-cap magazines.

Cheers.