Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sector gear releases two shots per revolution.

14.09:1 gear ratio.

That is a shot for every 7 revolutions of the motor.

I think I will actually have to limit the rof to the gun's ability to feed.

I will have 1.5 Kw of power at 100A available plus 5F of capacitance in parallel.

I think all that will outweigh the need to use an M170 spring to get 328fps from the setup and let me easily beat 50rps.

I have already got a short stroked AUG with an M130 and a normal sector gear doing 40rps.

Here is the link:

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=1299.0

OK, there is a nub on the top of the EGLM that fits in between the castellations on the rail of the weapon.

For some weapons the castellations will be in the wrong place for the hole in the trigger housing to line up perfectly with the mag well.

On those guns the user would need to put a hole in one of the raised bits on the bottom rail of the weapon to receive the nub.

Given that, it will fit on mt ICS M4 and my WA M4, I should think it can be made to fit most M4s.

On my VIS/PTS gun the magwell is too flared and I needed to remove a little material from the inside of the part of the trigger housing that overlaps the magwell.

It is just a buttress and was easily shaved away with a craft knife.

I didn't want to paint the whole thing OD, just the trigger housing and the grip on the barrel.

I was going to leave the barrel, trigger and receiver black as well as all the bits on the rifle that are still black.

It is pretty frustrating to run out part way through. My fault for buying a part-used can...

The EGLM itself is really good, I quite like the three piece barrel, it makes it very easy to strip for painting, even if you run out of paint...

The quality is good. One issue, the barrel cants so you can load long shells but you can't unload them because the thing won't go far enough forward before twisting.

On the RS that isn't an issue because you are only extracting empty casings.

On the STAR it is easily worked around by removing the extractor claw.

Great product. Now I like being unique so please don't all rush out and by one.

Thanks...

Edited by amateurstuntman
The sector gear releases two shots per revolution.

14.09:1 gear ratio.

That is a shot for every 7 revolutions of the motor.

I think I will actually have to limit the rof to the gun's ability to feed.

I will have 1.5 Kw of power at 100A available plus 5F of capacitance in parallel.

I think all that will outweigh the need to use an M170 spring to get 328fps from the setup and let me easily beat 50rps.

I have already got a short stroked AUG with an M130 and a normal sector gear doing 40rps.

Here is the link:

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=1299.0

HOLY *suitcase*! Now I need to get one of those and throw it in my spare MTHaynes for my CQB M4.

Well there's still things to do, I think I need to change the cylinder for an MP5k style as I seem to be down on fps which I assume is the effect of the short barrel. I also need to sort out something about an internal battery pack so it's running an external in the PEQ2 box.

Patriot2.jpg

But it is very short and pointable which was the idea so I'm a happy bunny.

Thanks - it's not really as bad as it looks, I think the flash has caught it tbh, the fore grip is in perfect condition but it's got the same white effect in the chequering. To be fair though the donor M15 wasn't exactly new so the glossy edges on the body are where the black finish has worn to the metal - let's just say it has "character"

Dave

Well Here is my contribution..

Technically a HK416, but i still count it as an Armalite as others in this thread also have!

The Silvery bits was due to bordem, and thought it might be nice for a change to see some bling bling

The velco on the stock was to stop the end cap from falling off in games, Apart from that, it is pretty much self explanatory and bit standard

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Edited by samuaw

Yeah, if you pull the little tab back on a std all the bbs come out in less than a second.

In reality it's not as simple as that but it is a good indicator.

that is 100+rps, mine feed flawlessly at 40rps so I'll test them with the new box and see what's what...

Hey Jambo, you wouldnt happen to have a pic of the battery that it uses? I have one of these but didnt get a battery with it and i`ve trouble getting the proper crane stock battery to fit, busted up a couple trying to fit it into this.

Hey Stevo, Jimmypie is correct that is the battery i have for mine. I was recommend it by Airsoft Armoury. Thye tell me its as good as running a 9.6 battery and the cool thing about these batteries are that they dont need to be charged all the time and they dont need to be discahrged after long periods and then recharged they hold their memory and are excellent piece of kit. Get one mate. :-)

Hey Jambo, you wouldnt happen to have a pic of the battery that it uses? I have one of these but didnt get a battery with it and i`ve trouble getting the proper crane stock battery to fit, busted up a couple trying to fit it into this.
i would recamend a lipo stick batery

11.1v lipo it works very very very well in the stock it slides right in it has three parts to the batery also youll get a nice bb per sec like 27 at the least on a stock classic army they sound nice to heres the link

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=856