Armalite Picture Thread

Thanks for all the replies about the short dot. I'll definitely consider both the Millet 1-4x and the Barska Euro30 scope. Though that would mean selling my aimpoint and magnifier. I just want a few outside opinions, so what would look better:

DSCN1723.jpg

Current setup (AP and AP magnifier with FTS mount), or a Millet 1-4x red dot and LaRue mount (replica)?

I've always liked the looks of the short dot style scope, but I think the AP w/ magnifier and FTS mount looks pretty decent as it is now...

On a different note, do the Magpul PTS MOE handguards hold a battery?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... that MOE business is hot. Wow.

If it'd fit, I'd probably throw a railed gas block on to replace the standard front sight, but that's minor...

overall a beautiful gun.

If you get the railed gas block, get the MagPul BUIS's when they come out for retail. I've used them on a TDI Kriss-V at my local gun club, and they combine the best of Troy, ARMS, and MP7 sights. Definiately going to get some.

Question... How is the Bomber trademarked larue SPR mount? I want trademarks, but if it sucks, I'd rather go with the non-trademarked King Arms version.....

Bomber SPR mount=it's great, good finish and fitment. Lower priced than King Arms and real-steel. I have it on that TM SR-16 pic above.

Wow! The style in that first picture is just freakin gorgeous! :D

Could we get a parts list?

Thanks! Can't get anything better in my apartment when it rains!

Sweet! Is that a short SPR front?

Also curious about that frontend.

It looks like a Patriot Ordnance P-9X rail.

Its a Patriot Ordinance P9X. Since getting my P12X, I've been in love with the predator series such that an SBR had to be on the menu at some point. I've taken the photos of the install procedure but I still need to write it up too. I replaced the standard 14.25" outer barrel with a 10.5" and then dremelled the inner barrel to match.

GR16 SBR:

POF P9X

Magpul MOE Stock

Magpul MIAD

Troy Folding Battlesights

G&P ChinEO-Tech 551

Tango Down VFG

Madbull Licensed Gemtech G5 suppressor

Echo 1 10.5" Outer Barrel

With the added parts, the SBR is still lighter than the stock GR16. Definately happy with how it turned out though I still need to snag better photos. Cheers. Heres the family as it stands:

DSCN2711.jpg

Next up is an SPR to but my Magpul PRS to use. Shame POF doesn't make 16.5" rails :P