Real Delta ring/barrel nut and front ring

Real gastube

Real stowaway pistol grip

Waiting for Lewis Machine & Tools Stock, Colt stock tube +++

ino13ml7.jpg

ino02lb3.jpg

ino08ly6.jpg

Thanks guys.

Yeah, the contrast between upper and lower was what I was going for. Ultimately I don't particularly like the S-System front end, but it works fine for now. Especially as it's a backup/CQB gun and doesn't see a lot of use.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

my 2 rifles. versions with M203s can be seen in the GL thread

-Joe

Nice guns you got there!

Since I've gone and broke my G&P Marine stock I had to use my old M16 stock. I figured I'd have a comparison post to see which one looks better, so I ask you which do you prefer out of the two

I prefer M16 stock.

Metal Gear! <3

I'm not being entirely strict with my PMC kit. It's MGS4 based, but I pick and choose what aspects I like. I'm trying to get an M4 though, to do as you did.

Here's my SR25, I assume it counts as an Armalite.

1230667094.jpg

1230667167.jpg

1230667307.jpg

Crappy cellphone pictures... >:

Random tidbit:

Tested the EGLM on the M468 as a mock-up. My, is it massive!

I'll probably want to (somehow) reinforce the SIR, as it wobbles a bit.

Hey Vic, try adding a couple of those little black rubber bands that chicks put in their hair for ponytails right before the rim on the outer barrel that the barrel nut screws against. I got the same SIR (proud?) and the barrel nut thickness makes you in most cases have to unscrew it to the point where it gets really loose. I threw about 4 of those bands down and then one of those silver washers, and when I screwed the barrel nut on it was pretty tight. Then when I put the SIR on, there was no play at all compared to the way it was before with the loose barrel nut.

Those of you with Crane stocks, could you help me with the modifications to the body? I've already cut the stock tube to the appropriate length, but I need help after that. I know you need to cut a chunk out of the area right under the stock tube mount thing (technical, I know) but what tool did you use? Obviously it was a Dremel, but which attatchment? Finally, anything else I need to know/do?

(This is for a G&P body, by the way)

Those of you with Crane stocks, could you help me with the modifications to the body? I've already cut the stock tube to the appropriate length, but I need help after that. I know you need to cut a chunk out of the area right under the stock tube mount thing (technical, I know) but what tool did you use? Obviously it was a Dremel, but which attatchment? Finally, anything else I need to know/do?

(This is for a G&P body, by the way)

I had to modify my G&P body in the M4 above to accept a li-poly battery. I took out the connector between the wiring from the gearbox and the extension cord and shrunk wrapped the connectiors together to save space. Then I used a drill to make a hole to run the wiring through into the stock tube like so:

81f.jpg

You do the connectors after you have run the wiring through the hole.

Work in progress:

M93Installed.jpg

Classic Army M4 with a hybrid gearbox. has VFC, DBoys, Systema, and CA parts. Added a gas tube, a DBoys A.R.M.S. #40L, and a knockoff M93 I got from Kapowwe.com - the knockoff stock is very very nice, but I had a little trouble wiring the gun for a LiPo in the buffer tube - managed to break the trigger spring post (cast into the gearbox shell), and had to dremel away part of the receiver's tube to allow the wiring to pass through. Also had to drill 2 (then 3 because a bit snapped off in one hole because I was an idiot and I couldn't get it out) holes in the buffer tube adapter to run wiring through. Now we're good to go, but man that wasn't a fun experience.

I'm adding a MagPul MOE grip, a DBoys knock-off MagPul trigger guard, a SIR system, and an M203 and a CCO at some point.

Edited by PlasticMag