G3sas Issues

tr1gg3r_h4ppy

Hey guys,

I've been trying to put a TM G3 SAS v2 gearbox backtogether. The shim job on it is admittedly mediocre. So when I go to test the gearbox we cant get the motor to engage. Either it grinds the gears or will just spin. The gun is a project gun, and it is missing quite a few screws. I think the problem is in the pistol grip. There seem to be three holes for screws but we only have two that fit. Also my friend mentioned something about a magnet going under the motor all though I could be wrong I don't remeber there being a magnet located below the motor.

Screws can be found at any good hardware store--but be sure to get metric ones--take along your screws and/or gearbox to test them. What your buddy is probably referring to isn't a magnet but a spacer disk that goes under the motor. A grub screw under the pistol grip screws in/out to adjust motor height by pushing this disc and thusly the motor. Search these forums or the web to find a good pictorial guide to diassembling a mech box. One trick is to screw the grip on only one side of the gear box. Install motor and adjust grub screw until you can see a good mesh of the motor (pinion) gear and the bevel gear. Disassemble grip but don't move the grub screw! Once reassembled, your motor height will be just right--it won't grind or spin without driving the bevel gear. Good luck!

Thanks much Machgo.

I'm pretty sure I dont have a motor spacer then. =]

The gun came to me in pieces but, hopefully the grinding of the motor gear and bevel hasnt done any damage.

Well, if I cant find a motor spacer or a grub screw what could be a good replacement.

Thanks again mi amigo,

Trigger

Here is the motor spacer http://cgi.ebay.com/Motor-Spacer-Plate-Tok...1713.m153.l1262

For the grub screw you are on your own though maybe check out your local hardware store for a screw that will fit or maybe if you have a hobby store around they may have screws small enough to fit.

Edit: Dang I didn't notice pandemonium's post

Archived