New electric BB Sensor system.

PynkPanthyr

Thats what I was thinking - the cost of all that kit to use would be pretty expensive and hearing "Player has been hit" removes the suspension of disbelief somewhat.

I could only see a small number of UK sites investing in it at best as it does not account for shoulder hits etc.

Good idea but needs more sensors and will probably be cripplingly expensive.

It seems like an ok idea for more indoor special events but for a regular day in the woods it wouldn't work, may stop players cheating as often but will still not be as effective, needs to be all over and that would be expensive.

'FireKnife'

If a branch hits you hard enough to leave a good sized welt then you should probably go take a time out anyway to calm down.

IMO, tying a rifle's electronics into the vest and integrating it into a usable vest platform = winner.

But then you'd have problems with people getting hit in magpouches and the like and not calling it because the vest doesn't go off, two sided sword. =(

good points here, although it does seem likle a step in the right direction to stop cheaters but what about gas guns and spring weapons they wouldnt be able to stop them from firing. but yeah it seems impractical, especially with players who dont like wearing the full face stuff and helmets.

But this reminds be of that laser skirmishing thing thats about that i really want to try, forgot its name...

Jas

Edit http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pEzE45VzM0c

this video made it seem more like just going to lazer quest rather than airsoft... but this could just be how they play some indoor games.

Edit http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pEzE45VzM0c

this video made it seem more like just going to lazer quest rather than airsoft... but this could just be how they play some indoor games.

wahahaha xD

That video made me laugh so hard, i dont exactly know why :D maybe it was the music and the way the gaming area was set up.

ah dear god thats made my day.

overall the idea is a good one but as stealthbomber said, there are quite a few things that could go wrong with it, like playing in a forest would be totally impossible as if you need to hit the dirt it will go off and tell the opposing player where you are.

how sensitive is this kit? cos long range sniper shots might not register if it loses too much velocity whilst travelling towards the target.

anyways, good for indoor tournaments i guess :)

Quil

all the problems above make it unsuitable for experienced aiursofters, but keep in mind there is a market for people who just want to go and shoot each other in game form. so i could see this being used at some of those fields where non-hobbyist airsofters go and rent an aeg, vest, and ammo.

they have something here similar in concept, its a thin shirt that tears on bb impact so its not so easy to get away with not calling your hits. its not a perfect system, but the guys who play at these sites arent so serious anyway.

I don't like it, the hit zones are to limited. How about hits on hands, feet, arms, legs, sides of torso and lower torso? It is extremely rare that I take a hit to the head or torso center mass. For tournaments it could be OK as people tend to cheat a lot at these events, but for a regular Sunday skirmish or milsim event is it absolutely useless.

Keep in mind this was developed in South Korea (Video has .kr link and kr is South Korea's internet domain) where (IIRC) velocities are restricted to very low levels.

This seems very practical for when guns cannot shoot with enough power so that players can feel it, but for the rest of us, it seems a little expensive if people are just honest.

My $.02.

It looks like it would be fun to try out for the novelty, but not as a standard playing method. But I can definitely imagine trying it out for an hour or two and thinking "this is really cool!"

I like how they made more useful than just detecting hits like stopping your gun and from the video it looks like you can integrate it into some sort of a live stats system.

It would also be nice for speedballish type airsoft arenas where people go to just pick up a rental package and start playing.

But yeah, most of the cons have already been covered.

What do you guys think about something close to MILES system? I know this has been talked before but this topic just got me think about it again. I for one enjoy BB floating through the air but I would assume it would have its own merits. As the mechanism to power BB can work for blowback, bolt stop after last round and so forth; mimicking operation of real firearm. It also would be fun to have limited ranges for different rifles such as 9mm won't out shoot M4 etc. by integrating range limits or alike. Not so much of "anti-cheat" system but to enhance "realism"?

Well the MILES system is pretty cool for sure but for one you need a weapon to drive it. It might be possible to come up with something that could be driven by the AEG/GBB impulse. Like the way the TM tracer unit is triggered.

One of the more interesting elements is that you can wire it to vehicles, and also use "god guns" to simulate grenades, arty, etc.

Maybe some type of harness that could be worn over your regular vest, and headgear just like the military version, combined with still calling arm and leg hits etc that won't be triggered by the emitter that's coax with the BB's.

Archived