M81 Woodland Pics

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

angel:

do you change your vest before each game, depending on what weapon you are using?

i considered that, but in the end i have chosen pouches that are semi-universal, and can accomidate all of my weapons. for example:

my M4 double triple pouch holds 6 M16 mags for when im using my M16, 3 M14 mags for my M14, or 3 M16 mags for my M249.

my 100 round SAW pouch on my left houses 4 M16 mags, 3 M14 mags, or an extra M249 box mag

my M203 pouch is being switched out for ones that have a closed bottom, so they can be used to house 6 M203 grenades, 6-12 pistol mags, or just 6 slots for tools and such.

just a suggestion, GREAT looking rig though

-Joe

angel:

do you change your vest before each game, depending on what weapon you are using?

I only got the additional options yesterday, but I will tailor the vest to whichever weapon i'll be using. I understand what you mean though, I have a 'universal' rig in multicam, with triple M4 pouches, which will hold a pair of M14 or a pair of AUG mags, if I choose to use those AEGs instead.

Thankfully I find threading molle therapeutic :)

It's a G&P repro

If you do want to pick up the real deal, try ebay - bits pop up semi regularly. I purchased my genuine SPEAR ELCS from ebay a while back, I even tracked down the body armour (although it is the G&P version, as finding a read deal one was impossible).

As you're wearing SPEAR would I be correct in thinking that you're building a US Army Special Forces loadout?

If you do want to pick up the real deal, try ebay - bits pop up semi regularly. I purchased my genuine SPEAR ELCS from ebay a while back, I even tracked down the body armour (although it is the G&P version, as finding a read deal one was impossible).

As you're wearing SPEAR would I be correct in thinking that you're building a US Army Special Forces loadout?

Your're quick on the ball mate, lol. Yes I am currently saving up funds till I can get SPEAR body armour repro, Im using BHD armour vest in wc for now.

Lacky, judging from that loadout (and the fact that you're saving to buy the body armour) it's clear you're leaning towards a US Special Forces load; so I thought I'd post a couple of woodland SF pics for inspiration:

a_sfp01.jpg

sf38.jpg

From the pics that you originally posted I'd suggest getting an NVG mount for the MICH, and either mounting an ACOG on the M4 or fitting a RIS to it. I've seen 1 or 2 pics of SF running what I call a 'plain Jane' M4, i.e. no RIS, but generally they're always with a RIS (even if nothing extra like an AN/PEQ or torch is mounted). Depending on the site that you play at I'd also maybe consider ditching the kneepads and swapping the MICH for a boonie or ranger cap if you're not doing DA-style missions.

Have a look at the Army SF & SOF Pics thread, particularly any pics taken in Colombia and the Philippines post 9/11. Army SF were deployed to both, and Georgia, on training missions in some strength and wore M81 camo. They also did a NEO (Non-Combatant Evacuation Operation) from Ivory Coast IIRC where they were wearing M81. So, despite the Army having moved to ACU there are plenty of places where M81 was used, and pics around to help with your kit.

Thought I'd take the opportunity to post up a couple of pics snapped tonight in prep for a game this coming weekend of me rockin' my M81 woodland (it's been a while). Apologies in advance, the pics didn't quite turn out as I expected, by the time I'd seen them though everything was packed away.

DSC00905.jpg

Kitlist:

M81 woodland trousers, shirt and boonie

UA long sleeved top

HSGI DACH in woodland camo w/MBITR replica, KJ M9 and mags

LBT 1476A in black

Oakley SI boots

Nomex OD flight gloves

Missing:

Scrim net, cam cream and belt

Same loadout, just swapped the 1476A for a Camelbak Transformer in woodland camo...

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

Sweet set up, try to get some pics this weekend where we can actually see that DACH.

A team mate made the exact same comment about seeing the DACH as well, I'm definitely going to try and get some pics of the kit in use this weekend.

Update: I'm relocating the MBITR to the Transformer and quite possibly ditching the VFG from my M4.

Edited by atomicaardvark