M81 Woodland Pics

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a thread specifically for old school U.S. M81 woodland, and, since it is my favorite camouflage pattern, I decided to make one.

So, post your old-school M81 woodland loadouts/kits here!

200px-US_Woodland_pattern.svg.png

That's ERDL, I would say brown dominant, but the colurs are a bit off.

(Sorry can't help being a nitpicker) ;)

Nice pics everyone!

Edited by Karnage

Greenside001-1.jpg

Greenside002.jpg

Greenside009.jpg

Greenside008.jpg

Greenside014.jpg

I love my M81. I just RAID-modded the jacket last night. My sewing machine wasn't made to take the stresses of several layers of cotton and velcro (I learned the hard way) so I had to sew it manually. Started sewing at 9:30 PM, ended at 5:00 AM, pretty much non-stop. :( But it's something I can take pride in and I love how it turned out! :D

Not to be rude, but you could start with a tighter loadout ;) Tucking in your boot laces would be a good first step. I know people keeping harping on about that, but it's just one of those little details that create a squared away impression.

I'll take it that was aimed towards me. I forgot about the boot laces (d'oh) but you're wrong about it not being lightweight. It's only heavy to the faint of heart and its mass is well distributed. very well distributed. It just looks bulky as hell thanks to the flotation pads on the inside. That... and I'm a small guy (5'6" 140 lbs) so EVERYTHING looks large on me. <_<

Nope, tis Blackhawk. Really similar pattern, though, since BHI pretty much copied Eagle. I love my H-harness, and I'm so happy I can get it to adjust down to my 30" waist; of course, I had to ditch the buttpack panel in order to do that. Does the Eagle MLCS H-harness have a removable buttpack panel? Removing that does the rig a world of good for us small folk. :D

What, you want me to cinch the straps so it turns into a tactical corset? :P It's a challenge moving trough doors, but that's not important, it's an outdoors loadout. The pads are not going to come out since they make going prone feel soooooo good!

Or am I entirely missing your point?

Edited by TheKurodaVagrant

Pots, kettles 'n all that :P

Guess the sarcasm on my part was lost in miscommunication...If there's anything I loathe it's elitism mate, but there's no denying Lord_Sex' impressions are generally well-researched and of unusual good quality.

Anyway, didn't mean to come off as a jerk, was just making an observation. If there's one trait you can attribute to Dutchies, is we're brutally honest ;)

• 1 month later...