• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting combo, Rose... but it works.

Cheers mate...

...it wasn't actually a planned "look", I was wearing full MC, but shoved the DDPM smock on top because it was so cold (the drink froze in my Camelbak tube :o that day).

In hindsight though, I did/do like the combo. :D

Edited by Joshua_Rose
Cheers mate...

...it wasn't actually a planned "look", I was wearing full MC, but shoved the DDPM smock on top because it was so cold (the drink froze in my Camelbak tube :o that day).

In hindsight though, I did/do like the combo. :D

Yeah, my tube has frozen on me during cold days a few times too.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I finally got my hands on that Norwegian Naval desert camouflage uniform I've been praising shamelessly, and to be quite honest I'm impressed.

It's a Cato Ringstad. I got it second-hand (doesn't look like it though), and has some quite nifty modifications compared to other M2000s I've seen, but they look so good imo it has to be a tailored job; doesn't seem like a personal raidmod so to speak.

Nifty unseen features include:

- Zipper AND button closer of the shirt

- All pockets of pants and shirt modded with velcro, though also retaining the button closure

- shock cord to tighten up the pants over/around the shoes (could be user added, not sure)

- belt loops are made using the same webbing as is used for the waist-tighteners

- shirt cuffs have velcro tightening

- some funky looking loops made out of webbing that I've never seen the like of before, but seems to be for adding suspenders.

Pictures:

The whole thing, with the M04BA over

p2142900vo9.jpg

Belt loop webbing, additional loops and rear pocket velcro mod:

p2142901yl4.jpg

Shirt's zipper+button closure and chest pocket velcro mod:

p2142902qj1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tidy RAID mod there Delta_Knight - Premade or personal touch? If the former; source?

I've been pondering the idea of getting some dessie g-tex gear for those snowy winter games rather than having to run regular g-tex with white pullovers - any opinions on this?

^^ Sorry mate, personal touch.

Picked up these DCU's at a military fair, as I didn't fancy shelling money on tru-spec or propper stuff at the time, fortunately, I knew a girl with an industrial textiles machine who RAID'ed them for me ;)

I was happy with the results.

Edited by Delta_Knight

Some more US 3-color lovin' :)

Ever since I saw the motion picture Harsh Times, the approximately two-minute intro scene has stuck with me ever since.

I finally decided to do something productive about it, so here it is

Harsh_Times_by_Pkekyo.jpg

Harsh_Times_NVG_by_Pkekyo.jpg

The Harsh Times intro scene that sparked this entire thing:

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor