Flecktarn Vs. US digital

onidemonXLR

I have been thinking about getting a complete set of camo BDUs and a camo tac vest for a long time. I finally found a site that has affordable prices for my budget and i have the choice of a digital camo tac vest or a fleckie tac vest for the same price. Also, i have a choice of a full set of Fleckie BUDs or a Full set of Digital BDUs for the same price. i like the look of Flecktarn better than digital, but since im in airsoft for the sport, i want the camo that will hide me the best. im a big ambush guy, and my new G and G m14 w. scope will allow me to be a bigger threat to my opponents. If im hidden, ill be a killer.

So...... Flecktarn or US digital?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on two things:

1. Which "US Digital" pattern are you talking about - MARPAT or ARPAT?

2. Do you want to achieve a certain look, or "impression", or just the pattern that will work best where you play?

I hope you answer to question 1 is MARPAT cause ARPAT (aka, ACU) is absolute ######.

And since you've gone and bought an M14, I'd say go with MARPAT and create a USMC Designated Marksman look.

Now - if you'd bought a proper German sniper rifle than I'd say join the club and go Flecktarn all the way.

But since you didn't..... :waggle:

;)

MARPAT the digital style.

btw, i dont go for a look. Im in airsoft for the game. i just want the most performancing enhancing camo that a stalker can get

(please no jokes about performancing enhancing and i meant stalker as in "sniper who actually moves"

MARPAT would work best with the M14... Also- I've seen a video demonstration of MARPAT camo and it's VERY effective. At I'd say, 50 yards or so, a couple of Marines wearing the stuff just dissapeared in the brush.

I haven't seen Flecktarn demonstrated though so I can't compare them.

I like the way all the flecktarn owners just brush off digital camo without even a consideration.

Digital camoflage is designed to force your eyes to unfocus, thus making you blur into the surroundings in their eyes. Multicam is just some kind of wiccan magic which gives the user special cloaking device powers.

PS: I like flecktarn... I just happen to like lots of other stuff as well. :)

are you going to join the sheep and go down that dull, boring, and unsatisfying path of US military gear?? MARPAT honestly looks like pixelated dog *beep*, and then you hear the suppressed laughter of those who laugh at people who wear dog *beep* coloured camo, ACU is like wearing a shoot me sign

Then you have Flecktarn, I have yet to find an area where Flecktarn doesn't work, Flecktarn BDUs are a lot more comfortable than US BDUs, Flecktarn is uber sexy, MARPAT isn't

This shouldn't even be a debate, Flecktarn is the best

Go for the Flecktarn, be unique, and don't be a sheep

are you going to join the sheep and go down that dull, boring, and unsatisfying path of US military gear?? MARPAT honestly looks like pixelated dog *beep*, and then you hear the suppressed laughter of those who laugh at people who wear dog *beep* coloured camo, ACU is like wearing a shoot me sign

Then you have Flecktarn, I have yet to find an area where Flecktarn doesn't work, Flecktarn BDUs are a lot more comfortable than US BDUs, Flecktarn is uber sexy, MARPAT isn't

So basically, "don't be a US camo sheep! be a flecktarn sheep!"

...riiiight... :rolleyes:

edit: Marpat indeed does have lots of natural and neutral tones. Hence why it works better with Coyote Brown gear rather than OD or woodland.

(CB weesatch.. mnnn)

Your claims are entirely unfounded. You can't merely state your opinion as fact and expect others to believe it.

By all reports the ACU is excellent, and is being well recieved by those it is issued to, and if its good enough for the guys who do this for real, then its good enough for me.

I could extend all of your arguments that support Flecktarn to MARPAT so they really are null. Going as far as insulting MARPAT and those who wear it (and other US gear) is unjustified and uncalled for. I really don't like the look of Flecktarn, and it doesn't work as well as other camouflage that is currently available, but I wouldn't insult those who do like it, or choose to wear it.

Flecktarn is not the best camouflage available, and that is a fact.

I see. ACU will obviously be working at its most effective when standing in a sun drenched clearing backing onto a dark wood... do you not think that the shadows in the woods would darken the colours of the ACU, hence allowing it to blend in more effectively with the woodland?

Archived