ACM Crye Armor Chassis vest replica

I just received my long awaited package from Huang last saturday and thought I might take some time for a small review, comparison, and divulge some lil facts. I must apologize for the old sony cybershot camera I'm using.

cryev2.jpg

Left is the replica and right is the genuine

Just for background information, the Crye chassis was unveiled at around 2003 and had thus been the dream of every multicam enthusiast out there. Utilizing state of the art experimental design, its unique exterior brought something new to the body armor industry and had thus become majorly popular and even being featured in the movie Transformers and video game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. And now an affordable, mass produced alternative is available to the global airsoft market.

crye5-1.jpg

Although there already have been replicas released by real steel gear companies, koreans, and other chinese manufacturers, what sets this replica apart is the polymer frontal vest lock and the authentic ballistics shoulder pads design (which adhere to the gen 1 vests). The package also comes complete with 9 separate pouches and a load bearing blast belt (every other version required the consumer to purchase these seperately).

After 2 months of waiting for my preorder, I was filled with joy when the vest finally arrived right when I came back from a Saturday skirmish. Although the box was huge because I had purchased two, the armor was neatly packaged and carried no damage from overseas shipping.

After tearing the wrapping apart, my room was overwhelmed with the smell of factory nylon...forcing me to relocate and finish unpacking in the garage. The vest was new...the vest was fresh.

I was EXTREMELY impressed with the quality when to my surprise, the carrier was manufactured with genuine cordura (tags are featured on not only the vest & belt, but each additional pouch as well). The multicam replica pattern is significantly improved and almost identical to the genuine pattern even though it was released by the same manufacture as the recently released Crye combat clothes.

crye7-1.jpg

Mag pouch is Genuine Multicam Condor, Dump pouch is the ACM replica, Multicam cap is Genuine Multicam Condor, and shirt/cloth underneath is genuine tru spec.

crye4.jpg

Despite its bulky looks, the vest weighs just only 1.58kg (almost lighter than every CIRAS vest I have owned), making it a very light alternative plate carrier system. The chassis is easily adjustable by tightening or loosening the frontal and back laces according to comfort. When the vest is fully loaded, the weight is evenly distributed between the vest and the blast belt because of the rigid structure and padding system which relieves stress and tension from the user (a big change from the MBSS carrier I had been using where the combination of elastic straps and heavy weight would cause the vest to bounce around when manuevering in the field)..

The rubber shoulder recoil pads are really what gives the gen1 crye chassis its personality and doesnt disappoint in quality here. Its extremely resilient and finely crafted. It does take some getting use to if you're going to utilize them to aim and the only aeg I feel comfortable using alongside the pads is my TGS EBR when fully collapsed.

However, the one feature that disappointed me was that although the release system is present, it is pretty much non functional and only really there for looks (when the cables are pulled, the vest stays intact due to the design and attachment of the frontal/back plates to the vest.) This might be corrected in future versions, but for now I will find my own substitute modification to get it working.

In conclusion, im highly impressed in the production of this product. The armored carrier is an almost near perfect replica, and for the price and for the price of only $290 + 40 shipped overseas (5 days shipping) you receive a fantastic Crye armor chassis replica set.

Cryecopy.jpg

Crye2-1.jpg

Edited by speculator

ah ######, i wrote a dedication to Halo_Predator and MM on my first draft before it got deleted from a "refresh" of the page...

"... divulge some lil facts courtesy of pictures provided by Military Morons and some extra info from Halo_Predator..."

Anyways as long as the watermark is intact and no copyright is infringed, this is perfectly within guidelines for this type of media distribution (not even utilizing mm's bandwidth). I'll fix the first picture since it was cropped.

nope, the recoil pads are practically flat tan, the shine is a result from direct exposure to the camera's flash