Evike are scam artists

Syco54645

yeah a friend of mine just ordered a classic army large front handguard for his g36c. they sent him one that was split at the seems and glued with that black putty that places remove trades with. he also ordered a ca mag well conversion and got a battle axe brand instead, which looks like ######. He called evike and the person on the phone got very upset that he was sent the wrong parts. they are making him fill out an rma form. I say forget evike and go with airsoftgi, just to get a refund. to make matters worse he payed for two day shipping. Now we have a game on saturday and all he has is large type batteries now and m4 mags. evike, you are ridiculous and hope that you go out of business soon. You give airsoft a bad name.

I also had a bad experience. I ordered new fill valves for my tm hi-capa 5.1 mags and they sent me we brand, which do not fit the mags. Before I ordered them I confirmed that they will in fact fit the tm brand mag, they said yes so i ordered. Well, when I get them, they do not fit. I email and they say oh you should have done more research, send them back and pay the 15%restock fee and we can refund you. Again, ridiculous.

Also, when you order an aeg with other stuff they put all of your items inside of the aeg box and just wrap that in brown paper... i am thinking of a 10 letter word, stars with ri and ends with diculous. This company is garbage, and I expect to hear a reply from the rep for them on this board.

what will that do? he just wants to get his money back and not have to pay a restock fee.

Credit card companies enjoy keeping their customers, and will do quite a bit to protect them. If you were scammed, they'll do just that and, if you're with a good credit union, will negotiate with the offending company for the return of the money, especially when they tell them they'll sever the payment and make a court case.

As to Evike being scam artists, it's not really anything new. Seems their new scam is to put high quality parts on their web site and send you off brand parts instead of what was advertised. Just yet another reason for everyone to avoid them completely.

Credit card companies enjoy keeping their customers, and will do quite a bit to protect them. If you were scammed, they'll do just that and, if you're with a good credit union, will negotiate with the offending company for the return of the money, especially when they tell them they'll sever the payment and make a court case.

As to Evike being scam artists, it's not really anything new. Seems their new scam is to put high quality parts on their web site and send you off brand parts instead of what was advertised. Just yet another reason for everyone to avoid them completely.

Well technically it was purchased with a visa endorsed credit card. What would one do then? The bank or the endorser?

Personally I would contact the bank first. If nothing else they can refer you to the proper point of contact.

He has the direct line to someone at evike who is claiming immediate action on his issue. He is going to send it in. Even if evike does noting, he will still have the bill to file a complaint with.

here is roughly how the convo went

Kyle: can i just get a refund

Evike: well we only do that if we do not have the part in

K: well i need to you go check right now if you have actual Classic Army parts in

E: No we do not, but we have these other ones. They come from the same plant so they are basically the same thing

K: man you guys are gonna get sued one of these days

E: yeah probably

K: well that is not what I ordered so I would like a refund

E: ok

K: completely, shipping both ways as well

E: yes, that is not a problem, just address it to me specifically. I will call when your parts arrive and let you know what is happening.

So that was it. What i find odd is that the person is so willing to help. what i find disturbing is the "same plant so they are the same thing" issue and the "yeah probably" about getting sued, like he didnt even care.

you are lucky. i have had a few orders from evike, and not once has it been a good one. a few times i called for returns or refunds and just got the runaround. they don't do anything to help unless you really keep on them, though they do promise a lot.

in any case, i do not recommend ordering from them on any occasion no matter what the situation, because you have a 97% chance of being screwed over. the one good thing is that because they care so little, in their store in CA you can just walk in and ask to play around with some different toys and they don't care :P

they havent done a too bad job for me cept their shipping fees are ridiculous and packaging are ###### (they dunno how to spend 1 dollar on 20 feet on bubble wraps.)

However their tech is horrible. Lies about part compatability and does a bad job repairing guns... But I'm a local so if I have a complaint or problem I'll take it on with the manager.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I ordered 5,000 TSD .28's, and they sent me Matrix. I called them, and they said they would either send me a few more Matrix rounds, or I could send back the Matrix I got, pay shipping both ways, and get the TSDs.

I also ordered a flash hider on October 25th, and still haven't gotten it. I called them about it a few days ago, and they said they would try to get it to me by mid December.

Bottom line, don't buy from Evike.

I wanted to buy the new GHK AK gaz blowback system installed on an AKS74 (DBoys I guess) from them. I asked them by email, about three times, the amount of the shipping fees for Europe. They answered with a very protective (for themselves) "pseudo-legal" language about the condition of returning the goods in case of default, the penalty for restocking the item, their potential problems with other countries taxes and duty and so on... and still no indication about the shipping fees which is calculated by their computer system only after you have paid in full the ordered item...

Where on earth, people are accepting to pay without knowing in advance (even getting a rough estimation) the full amount due ???

Furthermore, after having read your previous comments on this company, I am going to order the same item from another shop when and if made available. I had some doubts when I first discovered their site, now I have no doubt anymore.

It is the first time in 4 years of intensive airsoft related buying that I am writing such a negative opinion on a shop.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I'm a rare breed or something. At this point I've spent several hundred dollars on Evike over the course of several months that included numerous parts. I have had nothing but the best experience with them. Their selection is far greater than AEX and their prices are substantially cheaper than AirsoftGI for the items that I needed. They process my order within a day or two and have it shipped out quick like a bunny. In fact, I just placed an order this evening. While I've had a friend or two has had issues, I can't speak highly enough of Evike regarding my own personal experience. It is unfortunate that there seems to be a lot of others that have not had such a good experience. Evike, I need you to stay in business!!! But also, thanks for taking such good care of me. I can only hope that others will share my experience at some point as well.

I've only gotten my stuff from three places and Evike is one of them. Airsplat for my first gun, and the Evike to deck out that gun. Since then Evike has been my source for parts for the past three years. I've probably dropped almost 1K by now. Airsoftgi is nice but there shipping costs are stupid and I find their store somewhat haphazardly layed out.

Unfortunately I'm new to this forum and have only seen this...

Currently been in exchange with Evike.com for over a month regarding a Sig P226 Threaded Barrel that I ordered for $34.99 (which I thought was alright). When I ordered it explicitly said " we will contact you for postage", so I thought everything was alright. 2 Weeks later and nothing (order had appeared 'processed' on the website) so I emailed them and they came back saying that I had to pay $34.99 postage via paypal. Being that this was the same price as the tiny part that I had ordered, and that $34.99 is WAY too expensive for such a small part to be shipped to the UK, I asked for a refund, which they kindly agreed to.

Several emails later and still nothing...I've literally just sent the 'Give me my money back or I'm telling the important people' email, so hopefully they reply (hopefully being the operative word there).

Rant over, I've learned not to buy from them, I hope everybody else does.

I've been to the actual store in San Gabriel, as I live a few miles from it. Tried consulting with their customer service, which happens to consist of kids who can't even speak English properly. Tried requesting service, but the guy says "go fill out the form" while he's pretending like he's doing something, *chaffinch*-chatting with his friend. The whole store is based on politics, you gotta know the people that work there to get "hooked-up." They tried selling me a used 14mm CCW adapter for my MP5k, claiming it was brand new, but didn't even fit because the threads were worn in. It's a bunch of kids running the store, I just hope that's not the deal with their online website.

If you're planning on walking in because you live right next to it, don't bother unless you know someone who works there, service is horrible, and they act as if they're intentionally ignoring customers - not a company you'd want to purchase from.

• 4 months later...

I have had horrible experiances with evike. I bought a WE hicapa two weeks before christmas and they said it would come before christmas, it came two weeks after christmas, and it was a lemon. I send it back they accept it, and I change my mind and get a TM hicapa with a metal slide, tanio koba grips, and one hour to install it all, which is what the guy said on the phone. I recieve the thing in February, and when I open it I see that the three hole trigger that came with the grip was not installed, and all the extra parts that came with the gun were not on it. They also charged me for 3 hours of work without me knowing. I was very dissatisfied. Oh and I ordered three mags and got one. I call them and the guy is all angry and gets mad at me. I ask him to send the mags, as well as all my other parts that were missing. He says no and is angry. A few weeks later I don't even get the mags, so I call the crdit card company and cancel it, and got my money back, and now I have a free gun, that only cost me exhaustion.

I hate evike...a lot.

Gordon

Archived