Looking for SAAV info

Punkypink

when will people realise that gear made for airsoft does not NEED to be as strong or long lasting as what is used in the filed my serving troops because 99% of airsofters are not serving and the abuse they recivie is nowhere near the abuse levied in day to day combat,

for gods sake its a game nothing more.

capacity wise if you CANT fiot all you need in there repack it.

and

I have come to terms with many things in my life but as soon as you can accept that airsoft is a bunch of grown men dressing up as soilders and playing with toy guns in a glorified version of paintball you will have found the enlightenment to be honest with yourself

agree.gif

Well done that man!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehehe angry short bloke?

but i do agree with Carrison. thing is, as some of the other people have said, brands like miltec literally fall apart after one or 2 use, im sure those arent even fit for airsoft purposes if thats how flimsy they are.

Anyways im leaning towards getting a viper one as a trial, but i dont have to decide till my order from ASMC comes in

Don't know if it helps, I just tried some FAL mags in the M83 vest and you can only fit one mag in each mag pouch and one in each grenade pouch (front lower right)so that gives 6 leaving the side pouches, FFD pouches and front left utility pouch free. The chest rig easily fits TWO per mag pouch so thats 7. I don't know how they compare to G36 mags but they're pretty chunky at 24mm deepx 178mm wide x 250mm high.

yes there are always people rabbiting on about things which they swear blind has happened yet there is never any actual proof of these things happening. or exactly wehat the muppet actualy did to cause it like say removing half the stiching causeing something to fail.

yes there are always people rabbiting on about things which they swear blind has happened yet there is never any actual proof of these things happening. or exactly wehat the muppet actualy did to cause it like say removing half the stiching causeing something to fail.

Punky: I don't know which brand mine was but it was definitely on the higher end compared to some other ones I've seen. The material seem like it could handle a good bit of abuse and I've used it for probably six games without it loosening or falling apart otherwise.

well to be fair i HAVE experienced lousy stuff (not rigs, but things like bags n stuff) where the stitching just gave way. happened to this really nice cloth handbag i bought :( but luckily i can sew!

You can sew my patches on if you want ^_^

Anywho, patterns depend on your clothing you wear!! no point wearing DPM shirts with ACU vests.. right? :P

You can sew my patches on if you want ^_^

Anywho, patterns depend on your clothing you wear!! no point wearing DPM shirts with ACU vests.. right? :P

you wish!

*hands u a stapler*

lol yea no point DPM shirt + ACU vest. no. i am getting flecktarn field uniforms. If i get the viper SAAV it'd be in OD. otherwise i think the actual colour of the real SAAV goes well with flecktarn too, as spacemonkey showed in the last page

you wish!

*hands u a stapler*

lol yea no point DPM shirt + ACU vest. no. i am getting flecktarn field uniforms. If i get the viper SAAV it'd be in OD. otherwise i think the actual colour of the real SAAV goes well with flecktarn too, as spacemonkey showed in the last page

Yeah, that would be pretty cool :) I think theres a flecktarn patterend SAAV somewhere, again on flecktarn.co.uk lol.

Pleaseeeee sew on my patches!!!^_^

Actually... a stapler might work! lol

• 2 weeks later...

And my viper vest is here. was pretty great for use during the weekend altho yes, I'd had some problems getting mags out from the front pockets, the 2 at the side were fine. I use hi-caps so thats alright. The side pouches were great as dump pouches for empty mags, and its no trouble to shift loaded mags into the easy access pouches during respawn. the smaller pouches at the top were great for holding my USP mags and a bino. Pretty solid I'd say. Now lets see how many woodlands games it will last.

If you look arfter it it should be ok. If you use hi caps only :rolleyes: then remove the central divider in the mag pouches and use the pouch to hold one mag only. Also remove th edivider in the back pouch and you might actually be able to store something useful in there....

central divider? I wasnt aware the pouches could hold more than one mag. certainly doesn't look it, even for AUG mags.

as for the back thats going to have a water bladder. Was another couple of people with SAAVs. i think its a kind of "love it or hate it" design. For me, I love it for sure/

central divider? I wasnt aware the pouches could hold more than one mag. certainly doesn't look it, even for AUG mags.

as for the back thats going to have a water bladder. Was another couple of people with SAAVs. i think its a kind of "love it or hate it" design. For me, I love it for sure/

Give it 6 months and get back to us about loving it. Not saying you will hate it, but for me at least, new gear is always great and it takes a few games of setting it up and then a few games to decide if I actually like it or not. Glad you're happy with your purchase though.

As for dividers, some of the copies have them stitched in such a way that its really just an extra layer of fabric at the front of the pouches. They're intended to take two STANAG mags in the mag pouches. G36, AUG and the like are thicker than those though hence only being able to fit one in. Hope that helps a bit.

I tore a SAAV strap just mucking about with it on. I didn't take any pictures cause at the time I didn't feel like I had anything to prove to the internet.

Give it 6 months and get back to us about loving it. Not saying you will hate it, but for me at least, new gear is always great and it takes a few games of setting it up and then a few games to decide if I actually like it or not. Glad you're happy with your purchase though.

As for dividers, some of the copies have them stitched in such a way that its really just an extra layer of fabric at the front of the pouches. They're intended to take two STANAG mags in the mag pouches. G36, AUG and the like are thicker than those though hence only being able to fit one in. Hope that helps a bit.

yea i think mine arent dividers, just an extra layer in front. will let u know how its getting on in 6 months.

Wait til you try a real one then... ;)

Real ones will comfortably hold two STANAG mags or R4 mags or even two FAL mags. No chance in the copie I have tried..

but it holds my single G36 mags just fine... and i dont need to carry comms lunch makeup and surgical tools :P actually i had space for ALL my G36 mags (7 of them) and my pistol mags + a pair of binos and i still had a massive empty pouch unused on the left and 2 small pouches unused in front.

Archived