What is the worst damage received in a car crash that you have personally been in.

This is the only crash i been in as a driver and i was lucky, 2 seconds earlier in turning and i would of been killed

dsc00166xn3.th.jpg

I was turning off a main road Right into a side road and a polish driver in a transit tipper overtook a line of cars and then into me speeding and ripped most the side off the transit.

THANKS TO THE MOD WHO MOVED THIS TO THE CORRECT SECTION

Edited by chownsy
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

street racing + slippery road + 90deg corner + skid + lamp-post = totalled car

sustained fractures to a couple of small bones of my skull/face and a gash on my left eyelid :(

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/238/133930051fulloh7.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7182/133930050fullht1.jpg

In GTA series, the lamp-posts always brake! not the car!

On topic, how fast were you going?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/Mor...e/TrasigBMW.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/Mor.../TrasigBmw2.jpg

'Tis what happens when a BMW gets side-impacted by a small Mercedes bus.

No, I didn't die. :P

Are you sure? Have you seen The Sixth Sense? I mean damn! Somebody up there likes you!

In GTA series, the lamp-posts always brake! not the car!

On topic, how fast were you going?

unfortunately this lamp post was super solid! it didnt even bend/dent, my car only left some paint marks on it!  <_<

i slowed down for the corner but because i was unfamiliar with the roads (think i was going at about 90km/h) when i realised that i was coming into the turn too fast, i cant remember much after that because i had a concussion 

really weird feeling having a concussion its like youre waking up from a dream (in my case waking up with glass all around me  <_< )

lesson learnt im thankful im alive  :unsure:

90 it still fast... my brakes failed when i was on my Honda MT5, and i was going to turn right in a 90 degree turn, they failed and i flew away. i was in about 45-60 km/h and i just scratched my hands abit... luckly i was still working so i could drive home...

unfortunately this lamp post was super solid! it didnt even bend/dent, my car only left some paint marks on it!  <_<

i slowed down for the corner but because i was unfamiliar with the roads (think i was going at about 90km/h) when i realised that i was coming into the turn too fast, i cant remember much after that because i had a concussion 

really weird feeling having a concussion its like youre waking up from a dream (in my case waking up with glass all around me  <_< )

lesson learnt im thankful im alive  :unsure:

What car is that?

mmmmmmm - I got the back end of my Cavalier Coupe stoved in by some idiot (no photos) - ended up looking a bit like a BMW Compact.

Perhaps I should've claimed whiplash, but I didn't.

Generally though, I try to avoid accidents :)

Chownsy - www.Marcos-eng.com on the van? Did you work for them or is the van used? I think you underestimate the strength of vehicle's though - I doubt you'd've been killed if the van was hit in the door area.

Moriquende - Ouch! Was that damage all caused by the impact or did rescuers cut the car up to get people out?

TheFallacy - "lesson learnt I'm thankful I'm alive" - Be nice if some others learnt the lesson from your pictures too.

Cheers.

Edited by snowman
Moriquende - Ouch! Was that damage all caused by the impact or did rescuers cut the car up to get people out?

All was caused by the impact.

They didn't need to get me out since I had flown out the front window, even though I was wearing a seat belt, and was lying on a nearby field about 10-15m from the car(can't remember exactly).

All I got was some largeish cuts and bruises :)

Edited by Moriquende

I've never accidentally crashed a car on the road but I have totaled tens of thousands of pounds worth of military plant equipment.

Including rolling a JCB off a cliff and down a slope, it was pretty bad, the engine and three of the wheels came off.

All the windows broke but the FOPS/ROPS cab was so nails it wasn't even bent.

Lucky I had my helmet on. The worst bit was I didn't have my seatbelt on and I had the LSW, it doesn't fit in the weapon holder.

As I felt it going I had time to put the belt on and give my gat a cuddle or me and it would have bounced around the inside of the cab until I was made of jam.

All I got was some largeish cuts and bruises :)

By the looks of the wreck youre lucky one of those large cuts wasn't losing a body part. :unsure:

Someone up there DOES like you. Put in a good word for me, very nearly been killed on 1 or 2 occasions, not in cars though. :(

Rich.

My 306, hit by a motorcycle in a illegal night race...

peugeotb2773kp_01.jpg

peugeotb2773kp_04.jpg

btw thats the blood of the illegal street racer...

My Avanza, my sister borrowed it and parked it in a ditch... :ranting2:

avanzarip1.jpg

avanzarip2.jpg

avanzarip3.jpg

thankfully she only got a small cut on her arm...

Edited by raito

I wrecked a car while quarter-mile dragracing several years ago, I still have some lingering medical problems from the crash. I suffered some vertebra compression and am probably lucky I wasn't killed. I had a 3-point roll bar, helmet, and 5-point seat belt, but I was shutting down. My timeslip read 13:11/131mph. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

A couple of years ago I totaled my van when I hit a deer. Liability only coverage too :( I have full coverage on everything now.

yikes! what shape were you in after that!? you were lucky not to be decapitated!

It was very close to being so! Luckily I was able to walk away and had no broken bones or anything, however I suffered some rather extensive damage to my throat involving an internal tear in my windpipe and I couldn't talk for about a month.

I don't understand you people that 'street race', it seems like a dangerous way to compensate for a small penis.