airsoft uav

random guy

was looking around on the net like you do and stumbled acroos http://www.raidentech.com/24ghzmiwicoc.html and i was thinking for bigger games maybe buy a cheapish RC plane or helicopter and make a UAV or Unmaned Air Vehicle link the reciever to a small hand held telly or attach to a laptop for the ultimate survaillence piece. what do people think any ideas/ improvements a link to one of those formetioned small tellys would be usefull as i cant find one.

I think you need to search. This idea is probably older than "wot am bestest gnu?", and has certainly been done to death and shot down innumerable times.

It's certainly possible to make your own UAV with a bit of techy knowledge and some money. Dunno how useful it would be in normal airsoft use though.

This website is full of info and examples:

http://diydrones.com/

It's certainly something I've thought about having a go making before not really for Airsoft though.

Any more details?

I think most people are thinking of a bit more than an RC plane with a BB shooting mechanism which doesn't sound all that safe IMHO. Cruising GPS waypoints as relative altitude by autopilot snapping photos, versus someone trying to shoot peeps with one!

If you can find a spy camera small enough, you can get a high powered grenade with a slug, attach it to the wireless camera along with some ghetto parachute and you could view through birds eye from a monitor.

A very VERY ambitious project, but sounds cool Similar to the special grenade rounds I saw on "future weapons"

no details as such i think they were discussing a standard UAV, i think your right it would be unsafe anyway i suggested it to them ;)

MadBull have couple military projects, including UAV, which will be released in the future.

Well heres a monitor. if you want one in the US type in on google 7'' LCD television/monitor.

Also one thing i have allmost that exact camera that im using on my gun turret project and it would not be good to use for a UAV there is no where near enough zoom or feild of vision. I don't suggest doing this as everyone has said it'll be shot down... lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Monitor-Col...9388&sr=8-3

I think you need to search. This idea is probably older than "wot am bestest gnu?", and has certainly been done to death and shot down innumerable times.

i did a search for uav and unmaned air vehicle and couldn't find anything

It's certainly possible to make your own UAV with a bit of techy knowledge and some money. Dunno how useful it would be in normal airsoft use though.

This website is full of info and examples:

http://diydrones.com/

It's certainly something I've thought about having a go making before not really for Airsoft though.

thanks for the link

Any more details?

I think most people are thinking of a bit more than an RC plane with a BB shooting mechanism which doesn't sound all that safe IMHO. Cruising GPS waypoints as relative altitude by autopilot snapping photos, versus someone trying to shoot peeps with one!

i was thinking more of a survaillence style rather than an attack role.

Well heres a monitor. if you want one in the US type in on google 7'' LCD television/monitor.

Also one thing i have allmost that exact camera that im using on my gun turret project and it would not be good to use for a UAV there is no where near enough zoom or feild of vision. I don't suggest doing this as everyone has said it'll be shot down... lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Monitor-Col...9388&sr=8-3

thanks for the link thats just what i was looking for now i just need a better camera

ok. so not a deadly piece of kit, helicopter, plane, but what about an airship. You can get them cheap from places. They arent made for outdoors work, so you might have to build your own. How much do you think weather balloons cost? slap some fans on. Harmless and deadly

Weather balloons: perfect for surveying the site from 10,000 feet up.

Seriously, man, those things go SERIOUSLY high. And they're big. And need to be filled with helium, lots of it.

Utterly useless for a UAV. Nice for a homebrew "satellite", or it would be if it didn't violate quite a few air traffic laws. The general idea of one of those little RC blimp thingies may have some merit, though. Just wait for someone to shoot it down! :D Mini Hindenburg!

discussed to death.

good idea in theory, extremily unsafe in practice, large potential of someone taking a potshot at it, the wing being cut in two and it falling 50ft and killing someone. Usually when you fly rc planes, you do it away from people, not over their heads.

Once again, its a good idea, but the logistics of it and the danger it poses means that its not at all sensible.

and please dont consider firing things from rc aircraft, its highly illegal.

http://www.geocities.jp/panzer_warriors/

[sorry it's in Japanese]

OK, the link isn't specific to airsoft, my colleague in Tokyo sets up a tank game every month. He's got wireless CCD's on top of each tank and we play through a flat panel in separate rooms. Click on each battle to download a WMV and it'll give you an idea of how clear (or not!) these wireless CCD cameras are like. Personally I think the low end wireless CCD's aren't "there" yet to provide acceptable quality for your proposed project.

How about this UAV I'm working on? I'll run through enemy lines making a buzzing sound relaying info back by radio. Needless to say I'll be bulletproof but will respond if you have shoulder launched SAMs or AAA. If I do crash into anyone chances are injuries will be minor.

• 2 weeks later...

How would a remote contolled Plane shooting bbs be any more unsafe than having a person shoot BB's at you...

Well a person is controlling the plane so its the same concept.

I guess if it crashed.....

Perhaps the radio controlled helicopters would be more feasible for this as they can hover.

How would a remote contolled Plane shooting bbs be any more unsafe than having a person shoot BB's at you...

Well a person is controlling the plane so its the same concept.

I guess if it crashed.....

Perhaps the radio controlled helicopters would be more feasible for this as they can hover.

Yes and any RC chopper that could actually lift an AEG or even AEP could kill a human being with it's roters. You do know you're not allowed to fly those things over people right? They need special insurance to even own, actually fitting one with some kind of projectile weapon with the intention of then remotely flying it and shooting at people would be all kinds of illeagal. This topic has been discussed to death and the common consensus was that you could just about fit a light RC plane with some kind of basic camera or televisual equipment to act as a spy drone. An airsoft UCAV as you are proposing would be impractical and horribly dangerous.

The best thing you can do is attach a wireless camera to a parachute and then throw it by hand...it's easy to protect the camera and a nylon parachute won't tear under heavy fire...

Besides...I've never seen a fire tests of small UAV´s...as if they wont be shot right when heard/seen.

Archived