2 French exchange students - tortured and killed

Skarclaw

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hO3zKc...iqEqz7N1pSnMgug

Pretty sickening, although I think there may be more too it then a random attack.

The two students were part of a 3 month exchange from France, to Imperial College London, in Biochemistry, working on research related to DNA. A week ago, a laptop was stolen from that apartment. Of course I could be looking into this too deeply, but I'm interested to know what was on that laptop. News gets more depressing every day :(

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you can blame it on your society. This is hardly nationality-dependent, and happens all over the world everyday.

I hope they catch the sicko(s). Does the UK have capital punishment?

I don't think you can blame it on your society. This is hardly nationality-dependent, and happens all over the world everyday.

I hope they catch the sicko(s). Does the UK have capital punishment?

No, they don't.

I can't see how anyone would be able to do this... it's just sickening.

Sure, they got caught, and they will certainly be punished, but to the victims it's really not justice, is it? Nothing is going to bring them back or undo the horrors they were forced to endure in the last moments of their lives.

I give thanks every day that I live in a place where I can control my own destiny through my right of self-defense. I'm not implying I am invincible, but I know that should the need arise to defend myself, I am ready to face the challenge.

Those who would disarm us would rather see us suffer such a horrible fate, than defend ourselves! That is truly barbaric.

Divide the enemy's attention

Disrupt his plan

Disarm him so he cannot harm you

Disengage and get away, but if you can't...

Destroy his will to fight.

It's not just the tools, it's a mindset and a lifestyle, and I for one am proud - even righteous - to be able to live it as a free man.

I hate this country... Which is now is such a state where morons and murderers alike are free to roam the streets, night and day. Police are too busy enforcing fines for speeding than turning up to the scene of countless burglaries, stabbings, thefts...

Innocent people go to prison for defending themselves, and their property, while the scum who attacked them are out preying on the old and the vunerable.

The government brush this under the carpet, pushing the figure that 'violent crime is down X% from last year'.

Well the year's not finished yet, is it? They've got plenty of time to *fruitcage* our country up before 2009 starts, and it happens all over again.

The same government who couldn't give a suitcase about their people then have the gall to push the nanny-state, and extreme political correctness, introducing silly new laws all the time.

Last week I read in the paper that a High Court judge ruled that it would be beneficial to introduce aspects of Islamic law into Britain.

What?

Sorry?

I've got to G.T.F.O. of this country real soon.

Ben.

I hate this country... Which is now is such a state where morons and murderers alike are free to roam the streets, night and day. Police are too busy enforcing fines for speeding than turning up to the scene of countless burglaries, stabbings, thefts...

Innocent people go to prison for defending themselves, and their property, while the scum who attacked them are out preying on the old and the vunerable.

The government brush this under the carpet, pushing the figure that 'violent crime is down X% from last year'.

Well the year's not finished yet, is it? They've got plenty of time to *fruitcage* our country up before 2009 starts, and it happens all over again.

The same government who couldn't give a suitcase about their people then have the gall to push the nanny-state, and extreme political correctness, introducing silly new laws all the time.

Last week I read in the paper that a High Court judge ruled that it would be beneficial to introduce aspects of Islamic law into Britain.

What?

Sorry?

I've got to G.T.F.O. of this country real soon.

Ben.

I was going to say the exact same thing believe it or not. Personally i think we need capital punishment, if not for justice, for keeping these asshols off the streets for good. I mean i actually hate most aspects of this here country, espesh the murders and the way the gov. deals(if thats what u'd call it) with them. Also the way service personnel are treated, hospital wise, whereas you Yanks get military hospitals, our guys get a ward in some crappy NHS hospital. Not to mention that the whole military here is underfunded.

Oh, and there was that thing about the RAF guys being told to change out of uniform before going out in public because, get this, they were getting abused. WTF. This country quite sucks. Damn, i'd quite love to be one of you guys.

Also the way service personnel are treated, hospital wise, whereas you Yanks get military hospitals, our guys get a ward in some crappy NHS hospital. Not to mention that the whole military here is underfunded.

whats that??? free healthcare???

lets face it, it may not be what the americans get but its not crappy compared to the rest of the world.

Shut up Parsley.

Half the population of Britain do the same as you - They love their country, and would sit here on an internet forum, and defend it to the death... But wouldn't actually go out and change something.

The other half of the population are the scum causing the problem.

Me? I have 'Moving to Japan' fund, which is currently at £879.21

When it hits about five grand, I'm out of here!

Ben.

EDIT:: At least in places like Israel and Palestine, people have had enough to the point where they will pick up a gun, and fight for what they believe in.

British people won't fight for anything... They sort of sitting around, moaning that the NHS isn't good enough, that they get stabbed and robbed too much... And then the Labour party comes in with another ridiculous 'Anti-Violent-Behaviour' bill, and everyone believes them, and they get voted in again...

Not true otherwise how can you account for the people arrested already over this stabbing?

Not true. Unless of course you think Tony Martin was 'innocent' for shooting a fleeing man that presented no threat to him in the back.

Totally true. :)

What?

Sorry?

It wasn't a ruling it was merely his opinion and a bloody obvious one since its already happening and has been for a few decades!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7488790.stm

Jews, Christians, Muslims, Sikhs and anyone else can settle civil matters through their own methods of arbitration as long as both parties agree. This doesn't in anyway supersede common law.

This sort of lazy ###### based on ignorance is one of the bigger problems for our society.

Of course Tony Martin was innocent. He was protecting his property, and if a thieving scumbag got shot in the back running away... Well that's one less scumbag, really, isn't it?

And as for Sharia law... I think a culture that advocates 'stoning' and the 'cutting off of hands' can not be used as model for an ideal judicial system. I don't think ANY country has a perfect judicial system, but some of the ridiculous verdicts that are reported in the paper make me think it's certainly not us... Although I suppose that happens in most other countries too, so that's a moot point, really.

Quick, clean, humane capital punishment is the only way forward. If they brought that in tomorrow, I would happily blow my Japan fund on airsoft kit, and stay in England forever.

Ben.

Ok then, why not move to South Africa, Israel, Palestine, Wales, China or korea? etc etc

then you can complain about England

I just love this argument. :rolleyes:

Because there's worse elsewhere, does that mean you shall not point out the problems of your own country ?

May we all become docile sheeps, it's still better than living in Kossovo...

Because there's worse elsewhere, does that mean you shall not point out the problems of your own country ?

Kosovo mate.

And infact, they've recently declared their independence from the main body of Serbia.

So technically, it is now a state.

Of course Tony Martin was innocent. He was protecting his property, and if a thieving scumbag got shot in the back running away... Well that's one less scumbag, really, isn't it?

:rolleyes:

Actually he had already defended his property without firing a shot (albeit with an illegally held weapon) and the guy was running away. He was no longer a threat.

And as for Sharia law... I think a culture that advocates 'stoning' and the 'cutting off of hands' can not be used as model for an ideal judicial system. I don't think ANY country has a perfect judicial system, but some of the ridiculous verdicts that are reported in the paper make me think it's certainly not us... Although I suppose that happens in most other countries too, so that's a moot point, really.

I don't think its any good either but in terms of civil settlements its a perfectly fine method of adjudication as long as all parties involve consent to using it. No one was suggesting stoning or cutting off peoples hands.

Quick, clean, humane capital punishment is the only way forward. If they brought that in tomorrow, I would happily blow my Japan fund on airsoft kit, and stay in England forever.

We make mistakes in prosecutions all the time and it's very hard to un-kill someone. Plus your hero Tony would probably have been humanely killed by now rather than having his sentence reduced due to being a paranoid nutter.

i am just sick of all the complaining, yes there are many *fruitcage* problems in Britain, MANY, and by all means point them out and try to do something about them, but your not, your just sitting on your *albatross* on an internet forum (as i am) complaining like a *fruitcage* OAP about how ###### this country is and that you need to move.

all i am saying is, be thankful you at least have democracy, and free healthcare and opportunities to lead a good life.

British people won't fight for anything... They sort of sitting around, moaning that the NHS isn't good enough, that they get stabbed and robbed too much... And then the Labour party comes in with another ridiculous 'Anti-Violent-Behaviour' bill, and everyone believes them, and they get voted in again...

slightly hypocritical isnt it?

rule brittania

I don't see how it's hypocritical.

And the guy had broken into his house, trespassed, and stolen property. He was well within his rights to shoot him, and it's one of the first cases I was aware of that was covered by the media, where I felt the verdict unjust.

Also, what about the rights of women under Sharia law? If you read the article that links to the one you linked to, English Common law already allows the same type of third-party mediation, so there really is no need. People are saying that they want 'Sharia' law, but not which parts, which is causing confusion, because as well as these useless courts, there are the severe physical punishments, degredation of the basic rights of women, and the penalty of death for leaving the system... Plus the fact that this is England, and we have our own laws here.

And I'm sitting on my *albatross* saving for my big move, thanks. :P

Ben.

I don't see how it's hypocritical.

And the guy had broken into his house, trespassed, and stolen property. He was well within his rights to shoot him, and it's one of the first cases I was aware of that was covered by the media, where I felt the verdict unjust.

Also, what about the rights of women under Sharia law? If you read the article that links to the one you linked to, English Common law already allows the same type of third-party mediation, so there really is no need. People are saying that they want 'Sharia' law, but not which parts, which is causing confusion, because as well as these useless courts, there are the severe physical punishments, degredation of the basic rights of women, and the penalty of death for leaving the system... Plus the fact that this is England, and we have our own laws here.

And I'm sitting on my *albatross* saving for my big move, thanks. :P

Ben.

ok i didnt link anything and i wasnt talking about that guy..... :s

Archived