Skirmish Test

Accessories

Modifications

Pros

Cons

Ordering

Conclusion

Introduction:

Ok, so here is one of the most debated gas guns on the market. The KJW mk1 carbine, capable of over 600fps with mods in it. And one of the only semi-auto “snipers” on the market.

[/size]

First Impressions:

Upon arrival of this gun from ebay. I took it out and found it to be extremely light and compact. With everything on it including my scope, it didn’t feel more than 3lbs. So, I couldn’t wait to shoot it. I loaded the magazine up with green gas and .2s and went outside and pulled the trigger. It didn’t shoot. Why? Well, I kept pulling and finally realized I didn’t pull it all the way. Wow, a very long trigger pull. Once it shot, I knew it wasn’t a sniper. It had accuracy problems up the ###. So, I was depressed, but determined to find mods to make this a feared weapon.

Appearance:

This gun reminds me of one of those rifles that people use in the ski-and shoots. Where you ski down a mountain, and then shoot at targets. It could be used that way too because of its extremely light weight. With a scope on this thing, it looks beast. Seeing this gun, I couldn’t help but imagine making it into an extended pistol with the full barrel partly covered by a mock suppressor. Man, that would be great. The matte black paint on the gun is nice, but the foregrip and stock have a different color than the barrel and such, but I like the look it gives it.

Feel:

This gun feels extremely light, yet well balanced because it was a rifle built out of a pistol. It is actually just the KJW Mk1 luger, with a foregrip, stock, and extended barrel. The mags are actually compatible and it operates the same, which I will get into later in modifications. So if you are looking for a spare rifle to sling on your back for those dense situations, this will definetly punch through brush with a special DIY mod thanks to my friend ihatesatan333 on youtube where I found this mod.

Build Quality:

As usual, I will start from the front and move back. The orange tip is removeable but without it your barrel wobbles so you have to paint it. Ok, so you can remove that to start breakdown of the gun. (!)I also just noticed that the hop up is located through the scope mount in a small hole and you use the supplied hex wrench to adjust.(Important) Ok, now to continue

Ok, to break it down you remove the stock and fore-grip. To remove the stock, you unscrew the screws in the

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/soccerman245/AGM%20Mp001/kjwmk1001.jpghandle shown here.

To remove the foregrip you un-screw the hex bolts under the forgrip.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/soccerman245/AGM%20Mp001/kjwmk1002.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/soccerman245/AGM%20Mp001/kjwmk1002.jpg

Then you remove the hammerspring

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/soccerman245/AGM%20Mp001/kjwmk1004.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/soccerman245/AGM%20Mp001/kjwmk1005.jpg

And unfortunately I stripped the bolts on the foregrip so I am unable to remove the internals and show them. But I assure you from the last time I took it apart. It is of high quality, but I noticed the hopup unit is plastic but I think it was fixed in the mk2 model.

Function:

First you must fill the mag with green gas. So to fill it, you turn it upside down, and insert the nozzle and push about 2 seconds after you hear it stop filling. This makes sure the mag is capped. Then pull down the magazine spring and load it with 15 bbs. Insert it into the mag well click off the safety and you are ready to fire.

Performance:

Ok, this test is with the stock KJW Mk1 carbine shooting 100ft outdoors with .28 bbs and 5 shots in the mag. I am using ironsights and resting on a sand-bag, but mind me I am not the best marksman. With 2 fliers out of 5, I got a group of about 2 inches with 4/5 being hits, and 2/5 being fliers. I would say the effective range of this gun is 100-150 feet but it shoots very hard that far so use it in dense brush. It is also very durable and it still shot after dropping it in mud, throwing it up a hill to a teammate, and a full downpour when I left it outside. Although it is inaccurate, I suspect you can fix that with the extended barrel, better hopup, and high flow valves all used with a modded gun. The problem of this gun is the design. When you shoot, the barrel actually comes back to chamber the bb, which causes massive barrel wobble and movement, and hence you have inaccuracy problems.

Skirmish Test:

Ok, so I tested this in a skirmish and found it extremely powerful. To be hit by this gun un-modded is nasty, but modded, it is just gruesome. Before the skirm, I modded my gun using ihatesatan333’s mod on youtube. I put a whole bb in the hammer spring just for giggles and shot a can. It destroyed the can, in every possible way. I tested it on a glass bottle, shattered 1st shot. I tested it on a pop bottle, now here is a feat, and it punctured into the bottle and was inside. Now test that with any gun and you will find that extremely hard to do, because the plastic is not rigid and it bends and flexes, but this gun just blew right through. So if you are using this gun, be careful where you aim, and don’t get too close. I only got about 3 kills that day because I didn’t wanna get too close and this gun is meant as a “carbine” not a “sniper” yet it has the fps of a sniper, and the accuracy of a carbine. It is definetly difficult to use.

Accessories:

Ok, so about the only accessory I can think of is a red dot or a scope. A scope looks really nice on this gun, but it isn’t necessary because of its inaccuracies. Heavy bbs are a must and I suggest the airsoft innovations propane adapter because this gun is a gas hog. That is about all you can get for this gun.

Modifications:

Some modifications you can buy:

Extended barrel/ tightbore - Evike

High flow valves - Evike

Metal Hopup/ and bucking- Evike

A DIY mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYvsFJG78f4 (hammerspring mod that puts you about 500fps on half bb and 600 on full bb)

Change the method of chambering bbs. I am not sure how to do this mod, but I bet it could be done

With all of these mods I am sure the gun would be a very capable semi-automatic sniper.

Pros:

Light

Compact

Powerful

Semi-automatic

Cheap- about 100.00USD

Cons:

Accuracy Problems

Nothing else really..

Conclusion:

If you are looking for a sniper, this is not a sniper. I know, I got my hopes up about a semi-auto sniper too, but it just doesn’t make it in accuracy. If you modded this gun like crazy and you had a lot of skill doing it, you could make it a great sniper. It definetly has the potential. But I give it a 2.5 out of 5.

2.5/5

Actually.. there are a couple of other problems there

Stock size - not good for someone of a larger build, or someone with long arms. They will need to mod/add stuff/padding to the stock to get it to fit 'comfortably' to the shoulder for sighting... (at least that was what I found with mine)

Plastics - as you have noted, are they very prone to stripping (with the screws) out. Take care with the screws on the grip as well.

That hop-up unit is the biggest issue if it is plastic. I didn't think the plastic ones were around still.. since it has been what.. 3+years since the metal units appeared?

Btw, what is this

Change the method of chambering bbs. I am not sure how to do this mod, but I bet it could be done
that you are talking about?

Do you mean the system that pulls the barrel back to the magazine to chamber a round JUST before the striker hits the magazine's gas release valve?

hahah ahh ahhaha.. ermm.. I geddit..

ermm. I think he means..and I mean. the hophousing unit..

You unit you!.. :P

or were you being serious.. and talking about the unit?

Mighta been serious, they used to have ###### hopups. Review is a bit meh btw, but then again so is the gun ;) lol'd at

Seeing this gun, I couldn’t help but imagine making it into an extended pistol

Given that's basically what it is, yeah..

:zorro:

Yeah I was serious, they used to have plastic hops. Mine did, and the accuracy was ######, even with an extended barrel kit (I had a standard mk1, not the carbine). Metal hop units used to be the *fruitcage* Holy Grail for mk1 owners. :o

These days I just stick with AEGs though.

The review is fine, I think. I like the part where he shot the can, and the can was destroyed. Kaboom! Wow, haha. :P