SGAT Specter

Well, I didn't want it to get to this point, but I guess it has to be done.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=145470

Probably a week and a half ago, Specter IM'd me, saying that he would take my deal. The conditions were that I would ship him a Maxpedition Rollypoly and $50, in trade for a CA Crane Stock + Buffer, and a battery. I send the things out a few days later, or about a week ago. The products were going from Southern Ohio, to Georgia, so it should have only taken 3-5 days to get there, tops.

Fasttrack to a few days ago, when all of the sudden he drops off the surface of the Earth. He is no longer on AIM. "Thats a bit weird", I think. Next day, I send him a PM on here. No reply. I wait a day. I see that he is online-

evidence.jpg

I send another PM. No reply. Fast forward to today, with him being online AGAIN

evidence2.jpg

He has ignored 4 PM's from me, and has given me the slip on AIM as well.

This is urgent, as I need the stock for a game on the 19th, and am leaving for vacation from the 10th to the 19th.

If anyone can talk to him, or something, please do.

Let me know.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few months ago, SGAT_Specter signed up on my local boards, I'm pretty sure this is the same guy (same signature on both accounts). He posted up a WTS thread for a TM SR-16 of his. I paid for it, was told he would try to get it out soon, and then never heard from him again. Never saw his SN on AIM sign on again, and none of my PM's were responded to. Thank god for Paypal buyer protection and customer service. After that incident, he never posted on the local boards again and I have still yet to hear from him. Anyone interested in buying his stuff, BEWARE.

On the basis of this I'm going to lock his account from posting further (this won't affect his ability to pm you) until I receive confirmation that both of you have been contacted.

The user has been contacted and asked to discuss these issues; to not do so and still continue to use the forums is inexcusable.

Well, a new turn of events-

vbtb110: you there?

vbtb110: we need to talk about this deal

sgat specops: this is trae, did you not recieve the earlier message(s)?

vbtb110: i didnt get anything

vbtb110: where's chris?

sgat specops: he's gone to michigan for a family emergency.

vbtb110: when's he gonna be back?

sgat specops: called me a few days ago, because the only axcess to the net he has is on his cellphone. he filled me in no the situation.sgat specops: not sure, but i'll see find out when he calls back.

vbtb110: well

vbtb110: he owes me a few things

sgat specops: i heard.

vbtb110: did he talk about it?

vbtb110: i really need them, so

sgat specops: yeah, he said he had to leave last minute, wasn't able to do anything...

sgat specops: he said he sent you IM's on here from his cell.

vbtb110: i never received any

sgat specops: but they must not have went through?

sgat specops: ah.

vbtb110: tell him to call / text me

vbtb110: XXX-XXX-XXXX

vbtb110: i need it urgently, so

sgat specops: kk, ill give it to him when he calls.

vbtb110: do you have any ballpark as to when he'll be home?

vbtb110: like, at all?

sgat specops: um, idk dude, his grandfather had a heart attack and is getting like, a triple bypass surgery.

sgat specops: ive been checking his email and stuff for him. and then he had me get on here when he couldn't contact you and another guy.

sgat specops: he also said MY picture is on that forum.

sgat specops: any way you can get it off?

vbtb110: him or you?

vbtb110: because the two that some guy posted, he had posted him self before

sgat specops: me. it was a pic he took of me holding a big fifty caliber rifle.

vbtb110: oh

vbtb110: I didnt post that, so i dunno

sgat specops: its on there, though?

vbtb110: yeah

vbtb110: he posted it himself

vbtb110: so

sgat specops: well, yeah i know he posted it

sgat specops: but he said some guy posted it saying that it was him and suitcase

sgat specops: and i'd rather not be mistaken and caught up in all of this, soo...if you or someone else could get it removed...

vbtb110: that wasnt me, so theres not much I can do

sgat specops: can you contact an admin for me, or something?

sgat specops: cause i'm not on arnies

sgat specops: and I don't feel like creating an account just to have my picture removed...

vbtb110: ill talk to some people

vbtb110: but the matter still stands

sgat specops: kk, thanks.

vbtb110: could you mail it or something?

vbtb110: that would be lovely

sgat specops: i don't have access to it, or I would.

sgat specops: Cause I don't much like a personal matter making someone look bad, ya know?vbtb110: well, yeah

vbtb110: people have lied about it before, and im not saying i dont believe you

vbtb110: but things will be resolved when I get the package, and only then

vbtb110: because I need this by July 19th

vbtb110: so

sgat specops: well, as I said, this isn't my matter, I was just helping out my bud in contacting you for him. i'll give him your number. but I do want my pic removed.

vbtb110: once again, theres not much i can do

vbtb110: I'll post this up in the thread

sgat specops: sounds good to me

sgat specops: so...I'm gonna get off of his account, anything else you want me to tell him?

sgat specops: I'm going to take that as a no.

sgat specops: I'll give him your number and suitcase. holler.

sgat specops signed off at 8:59:55 PM.sgat specops is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

If it's true, then I understand. Things will be resolved when I get my stuff, and only then.

Also received a message from him:

"Just wanted to let you know that I am actually out of state on a family emergency (my grandfather has had a heart attack and is having surgery, if you must know) and I have just been able to contact Vbtb110 on Arnie's forums, because I've had no internet access other than the *suitcasey* version of internet on my cellphone.

The picture of "me" you posted on there, is not me. It was taken by me, but the person in the picture is my bud. So you have no right posting his picture and passing it off as me, he has seen it, and is HIGHLY ######, so it may be in everyone's best interest if you removed it from your post.

I appreciate your concern and warning, as I would do the same thing, but please remove his picture as I do not wish to involve him in any of this than what I already have, IE. having him relay info between me and Vbtb110. I got his number and contacted him and we have lightened all of the confusion and such.

I am NOT a scammer, and have recently done flawless transactions with Old Man and Wesker. I have a pending trade in the works with Derek Fisher (DFish or Echodafish on various forums) as well as Vbtb110 which will be resolved as soon as I return to Georgia.

Once again, thank you for the concern, and please remove Trae's photograph from the thread on Arnie's. No hard feelings will be held between you and I, I hope, as you are a serious and from what I can tell, well regarded person on here and Arnie's.

Thanks,

-Chris"

I don't care what successful business you've done with anyone, I personally will never buy or sell anything to you again, as a result of what happened previously. I still don't see any mention or explanation as to why you disappeared off the face of the Earth months ago, never responded to my PM's, and disappeared on AIM (blocked me?). Frankly, it'll probably some cock and bull story, so I don't care to see it anyway. I got my money back thankfully, through a forced Paypal refund. We'll leave it at that.

Btw, you should read what you write. Seems like you're giving us the run around.

The picture of "me" you posted on there, is not me. It was taken by me, but the person in the picture is my bud.
+

sgat specops: me. it was a pic he took of me holding a big fifty caliber rifle.
= ???

Glad to see Vbtb110 managed to get the situation worked out. I would still caution ANYONE looking to buy from SGAT_Specter to use Paypal or some other payment method where you have some insurance that you're going to get what you paid for, or your money back. Even if it just so happens that SGAT_Specter had a legitamate excuse to disappear and break contact with his buyers every time (I highly doubt that), it seems that he does it quite often. May be weeks or months before you see your item, if at all.

As we always say, please don't post unless you are directly involved in a transaction with this user (for the benefits of those here, members with no relationship to any involved party were posting and had their posts pulled). No-one will benefit from random posts stating 'this is what I think' from people whose only involvement in the matter is having seen the thread on this section.

SGAT Specter can still send PMs to the affected parties. Once he has done so and the matter is resolved (ie goods received / a refund offered), I'll happily unsuspend his account. Until that point I'm afraid, for the benefit of the wide forum, he will have his posting rights suspended.

I got refunded by Paypal long ago, so as far as "and the matter is resolved", it has been in my case.

Another thing, he keeps asking to have the pictures taken down, and we obviously cannot edit the posts since they were made more than a few hours ago. If you want them removed, contact Marlowe or another moderator/admin to have them do so.

Edit:

Received this message from him earlier:

"I DID contact you back after the failed transaction, although a few days late, and I DIDN'T delete you off of AIM. If my memory is correct (which I'm pretty sure it is), it was YOU who no longer had my AIM SN.

Yes, that's right, I remember. Because you said you were going to contact me on AIM but didn't because you deleted my SN from your contact lists.

Your allegations of "not hearing from me for weeks, months even" is ######. I didn't respond to you for 3 days (OMG!) because I don't revolve my life around a computer every day, because I'm not some overweight slob of an American like half the people that play airsoft. I have other things to worry about such as ROTC, a job, PT, etc.

So stop *fruitcage* lying just to make my rep look worse because we had a single bad transaction long ago. 3 of the respectable people on these boards have told me that you're nothing but a rich little crybaby who throws everything out of proportion if you don't have it exactly your way at that exact moment.

Thanks again, and this time I don't respect you, because you blew it away when you decided to straight faced lie to make it look like I did NOTHING after you PMed me.

Remove my friend's picture, he isn't going to ask nicely next time."

Upon SGAT_Specter prompting me that I was making false accusations, I double checked my records, and I indeed have provided some false information, accidentally. When I filed the Paypal dispute, and escalated it to a claim, only then did he contact me, which was approximately 4 weeks after the payment was sent. Here are the details of the dispute:

PPD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have his phone number in my phone, but its dead.

Mods, can you take all of his privileges away again like before? And maybe add him to the "Unreliable Sellers- Buyer beware" section?

I'm afraid theres not much more I can do :(

I'm afraid his suspension on posting was still in place until he resolved his issues with you, and he is still part of that user group. Do you have access to the user's contact details? If so contact your local law authority for advice on how to proceed. I would hope that this can still be resolved, but it is looking doubtful.

ooh, I love Charleston, it's been a while since I've been.

IIRC he lives in "Dothan, Georgia", wherever that is

It's funny, he actually boasted about having done a deal with you, to prove he was "reliable"....dunno what that was about

Yea, my half of the deal was done with relatively no problems and when if did take me a little while to ship I threw in an assload of *suitcase* for free and fronted the *suitcase* for a second deal with him, and got nothing but empty promises in return. All I gotta say is I wish the dude luck when he enlists if he actually does because he will be torn the *fruitcage* up for that *suitcase* later on in life.

Archived