SGAT Specter

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I've got are PM's from "MasterChiefGoaty" on ASF. They don't tell that much, besides him saying he "shipped it [the Eagle Chest Rig] to the wrong person" and then he'd pay me back, but he "needed more time" or something like that.

If I actually remember to look for the MO stub, I'll do that. Snowball's chance in hell of me actually having that stupid little stub sitting around at home, but it's worth a shot I guess.

Also, I don't have any other way of contacting him. I've tried PM'ing him on ASB, but he never responded.

vbtb110- don't you have a lot of AIM conversations and such with him?

www.meebo.com

That's what I use, just make an account on the MSN thing and use that site, no downloading. It's worth it.

And yeah, thats the little MO slip...what exactly do I do with it? Lol

Hahaha just keep it safe. It's proof that you paid him and you never received *suitcase* from him. So if you were to, say, call his local police or what-not, you'd have some evidence. You might even be able to like go to the bank you got the MO from and see if there's anything they can do, like if it's "insured" or something like that.

But for now you could just talk to him... be like "dude, I've got proof, and I could just call the police. Send me my money or I will call your local police department". Something like that.

OR, open up a claim through the ic3, and use that MO as proof.

I assume you gentlemen attend college, so for legal advice, couldnt you go to the law department and ask for some help?

Also, since you have his address. Send a letter to his parents Mr & Mrs. McDouche telling them you will file some charges against their son.

No thread has ever made me so angry...

My brother was scammed a few weeks ago, so I'm going to fill out one of those IC3 forms. There is a spot to list additional people that were victimized, so if you guys could PM me your phone numbers and names I would really appreciate it. It's also probably a good idea to send out claims of your own. :)

Edit: Actually just sent it in, but I can update it later.

My brother was scammed a few weeks ago, so I'm going to fill out one of those IC3 forms. There is a spot to list additional people that were victimized, so if you guys could PM me your phone numbers and names I would really appreciate it. It's also probably a good idea to send out claims of your own. :)

Edit: Actually just sent it in, but I can update it later.

Anything happened with this so far?

Come on guys, this has been dragging on for ages!

We need to organise some sort of formal arrangement, otherwise nothing will get done.

Why don't you all write statements, and send them to the same cop/lawyer, with a cover note explaining that the same guy has scammed you all?

Also write to his parents, basically outlining the fact that you're all in talks with lawyers, and have everyone sign it, and send it to them.

Some people just won't bother listening until they actually stand to lose something from ignoring you.

Ben.

Nowhere near Yuma, closer to Atlanta. I'm not sure how much good an in-person meet will do. I could certainly see it being harder to avoid people and lie, but still possible.

As far as I know, nothing has happened with the IC3 claim. It did say that it would take some time, but I hadn't realized it had been so long since I sent it in. If I haven't heard of any results in another week or two, I'm going to look into going straight to local police or some other body that would/could handle this.

The dude's obviously a real *beep*, and I agree partially with Labyrinth. There's just no way I think we're going to get money back from this guy by asking through phone and online conversations. I don't know what kind of person you have to be to be able to steal, lie, and not feel incredibly guilty and paranoid, but this guy seems to be one of those people.

I'm not sure what good writing to his parents will do other than to alert them to the situation, but I'm guessing the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I think we only have the probable address of his probable grandparents, though. A quick and free Yellowbook/Intellius search shows something like 20 Troupes living in Georgia, with a pretty old guy living at Chris's (Specter's) mailing address. It's worth a try though, I might do it.

I think that everyone that has dealt with this guy (and was consequently ripped off) should at least take ten minutes to fill out an IC3 claim. It really doesn't require a lot of information about either party. If anyone wants to take it further and write letters or emails or phone his relatives, that might be good too. If you're going to do that though, do your best to not come off as threatening. I wouldn't put it past this guy to put a bad spin on that, and surely that would only make matter worse for you and the rest of the real victims.

I'm young and never had to talk with a lawyer before, but wouldn't it cost money to do that?

I've already replaced my brothers funds by something that may be a novel concept to mister Troupe. Truth be told I could care less about getting any money back. As long as this guy goes down (legally, of course ;)) for what he did and no one else is scammed, I'd be a bit happier.

Edit: Come to think of it, anyone that is a member on another airsoft forum should probably post a warning not to deal with this guy, and put all of his know username aliases as well as his real name (Chris Troupe) and city and state he resides in (Douglas, GA). Hopefully this will reduce the risk of some one else getting robbed.

Masakarijoe, No. Don't even suggest it here and I might as well say that everyone not directly involved needs to butt out now. This is not a comments thread for everyone to post what they think of the guy, he's bad we get it, the victims can ask for assistance in legally acceptable forms.

For example, anything he ships via USPS that is stolen is considered mail fraud. so if he legitimatly sells an item to someone and actually ships it you can easliy involve his local PD, FBI and SS.

If you guys would quit milling around like the AV kids at the prom and ALL send in the IC3 reports like you should have weeks ago then it's more likely to be investigated sooner. Quit dragging your feet.

Anyone not invloved who posts spam will receive warn points, this is the only warning you get.

Posting his name, state and city are fine but leave his street address out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to add my 2 cents. I'm a member of the South Georgia Airsoft Team. Not only has he scammed people online, but he has "borrowed" pieces of my gear and the field owner's gear, all of which has turned up in a local surplus store. We banned his account and have forbid him from attending anymore of our events.

The field owner and I have been trying to contact him to get our money back from the stuff he stole and pawned off. A couple of the team members knew where he lived, so we all decided to ride out to his house one afternoon. Needless to say, he was nowhere to be found. We talked to his parents about the whole thing, and while they were furious, they were of no help, because he's moved out. They don't have any way of contacting him except via his cell phone. The only info they could add was that he is now living with a friend in Valdosta, Georgia, because he was expelled from CHS for fighting. (Valdosta is about 30 minutes from here.)

I'm hoping to find out his friend's address from people at the high school who know him and talk to him, but at this point, it's looking pretty slim.

This just goes to show that nobody can be trusted. I'm not sure if he was always like this or just got "corrupted", but either way, he's a thieving little sh*t. I know you guys want your stuff and or money back, and so do we.

-Aaron

Understandable. Another member of the SGAT forums (Killer) showed me this thread so I decided to chime in.

I'm really thinking of reporting him, but I'm unsure if the police around here will take me seriously over some airsoft gear, because they kinda frown upon airsoft and paintball and all that stuff. They think it's kiddy sh*t.

Seriously dude, If you have went and talked to his parents, why didn't you A) tell them that it wasn't just you he scammed or B ) ask for his new address to contact the police? Seeing as how you have actually physically talked to his parents and live in the area, you have the best chance of getting the police to do anything or getting any sort of retribution. This *suitcase*'s kind of hard living 500+ miles away

Archived