"Dusting" Gear

Unit 318

For one holster, one regular sized can. I sprayed a padded belt and a small pouch from RG to CB and it took about a can, maybe a little less. You now basically can't tell which colour it used to be.

It's really not 'dusting', though.

I'd keep the velcro covered. With paint on, it generally doesn't hold as well.

A whole can?????

It took me half, or well really less than half a can to do my chest rig into a RG sort of green.

I painted everything but the section that is against my body.

Also i haven't seen any issue with my velcro after painting it.

Depends on the size of the can and how high you want to get on the fumes.

Seriously though, to get a good coverage and actually make it into the new colour, you're looking at a whole (normal sized) can. Most of it'll wear off eventually anyway. It makes the material stiff to begin with but that soon goes.

Agreed, it depends on how well you want it covered and how long you want it to last. A half can will do for a couple weeks but it won't look good (unless you're going for that dirty look) ;)

Mask the velcro with tape if your going to paint your gear. I accidentally painted over some Velcro on my holster and now it doesn't hold as strong as it used to be. It' won't come off or anything, but when I open/adjust the mag pouch on the holster, if feels really easy to open.

afallan

Not sure on hosing gear down - why would you?!

It should last virtually forever under normal use if you use a whole can, though.

Well hosing it down at some point say one falls in mud or collects buckets of sand and dust in the desert. I just bought a CB battle belt from pantac and it is a whole lot browner than I expected. My PC is a coyete tan.

Mines covered in talc and vaseline........:D

Actually mainly brick dust on mine, not used it anywhere but F&O urban so far

On topic I used a full can of black to do a set of German body armour, this wasn't enough that took in total a can and a half - 3/4

Archived