Coldgunner

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sub-Zero: AK's, Galil ARM, M14, SVD, extensively modified 1911's, Jericho 941

Cool: Thompson M1A1, SPAS 12

Uncool: M249, MP5

JM: Any and all Armalites/ members of the M16 family, GLOCKs

Speaking of Glocks, I headed to the local gun shop yesterday looking for a birthday present. I saw the Glocks, had no intention of buying one and have never liked them, but decided to take a look at one and see what the fuss is all about. As soon as I picked up that G17, I felt an extreme wave of nausea come over me. I have never seen such a horrible case of anorexia.

Biggest failure was it not taking STANG mags, they should have designed it with the ones they developed for the SA80A2.

ITS AN L85A2!!!! if you're going to go to the extra effort of writing 'A2' you may as well use the correct designation for the weapon rather than referring to a single rifle using the designation of an entire bloody weapons program.

it did kinda make sense it using G36 mags in a way though, they're much more practical than STANAGs, they let the user see how many rounds they have left and can be clipped together. NATO could have made the G36/XM8 mag the new STANAG magazine.

and as far as the M82 goes, i dont know, i kind of see it in the same way as BMWs (or apparently audis now)... its a cock's gun. no offense to anyone overly rich enough to own an airsoft one, but i can't picture anyone who isnt a complete and utter cock owning one.

In my opinion...

Sub Zero: G36s, AK series

Cool: G3 series

Uncool: M4s

James May: XM8 !!!

Oh and I propose a new category...

The Stig: Minigun ;)

PS Just watched episode 3!!!! The Bentley was so smexy <3

ilikepie~

good call , the stig deserves his own catagory of cool.

did anyone see the homemade police car episode? was hilarious :D

XM8 = seriously uncool toy looking piece of plastic i agree. :P

as for the M82 . mine is homemade, if that makes me a cock then so be it (it is in my surname afterall)

i still think its an awesome gun even though i find it ridiculously impractical and i never use it lol.

no offence lewis, as i said not everyone who owns one will be a cock, but its the kind of gun i can picture the kind of person who hoses someone in the fact, point blank with a 40rps gun and proceeds to brag about it. i don't know why, but it seems a lot of people who want one because they think it will cause people more pain (even if thats the complete opposite with 8mms, but thats still what they seem to think).

ITS AN L85A2!!!! if you're going to go to the extra effort of writing 'A2' you may as well use the correct designation for the weapon rather than referring to a single rifle using the designation of an entire bloody weapons program.

I stand corrected boss ;) Although someone correct me if Im wrong (looking at the likes of Grimm, Darkchild etc), but I once went to an open day held by the Liverpool OTC and part of it you got to handle their various weapons....and Im sure its actually got SA80A2 stamped on the side (are we both being really padantic or something)...funny off topic story, I went with my flat mate who is so small that to shoulder the SA80 she cant hold it buy the pistol grip and instead the magwell, for her I think that puts it in the James May catogory (or mayb people as small as Hammond just shouldnt join the Army lol)

I went with my flat mate who is so small that to shoulder the SA80 she cant hold it buy the pistol grip and instead the magwell, for her I think that puts it in the James May catogory (or mayb people as small as Hammond just shouldnt join the Army lol)

i dont think its a matter of how big or small, more like, how long yr arms are. I'm way shorter than hammond. 5ft. possibly as tiny as yr flatmate, and i find non-fullsize stocks like the sliding one on the MP5/HK33, the telescoping ones on the M4 carbine and the folding ones on the AK actually uncomfortable, and would very much prefer full sized stocks or not at all.

Yeh shes got tiny little arms

And right now I really cant remember if it had SA80 or L85 stamped on it (brains exhausted and it was 2 years ago, bit blury on the details)...besides I used the term SA80 as its the more commonly known name, you could use the terms L9A1 and L105A1 but its probable (but not impossible) that no one outside of the Forces would have any clue you were talking about the Browning High Power and the P226

Thats one that hasnt been mentioned, the HP, Ive seen of some custom airsofts so seeming this is all about looks is it cool or no?

Edit: after some brain searching I think I was a bit wrong and it did indeed say L85A2 and not what I said :rolleyes:

Just to add the XM8s 'over heating' problem was solved ages ago (by second generation i think), besides all plastic guns will melt (including the precious jamafails) eventually but until now they havent been able to fire enough bullets to generate the heat ^_^

But as said in other threads the only reason the M4 is not taken over much better weapons (e.g. The XM8, muskets etc.) is because it dosent have 'MaDE iN tEH UsA!!!!11!' on the side of it

Just to add the XM8s 'over heating' problem was solved ages ago (by second generation i think), besides all plastic guns will melt (including the precious jamafails) eventually but until now they havent been able to fire enough bullets to generate the heat ^_^

But as said in other threads the only reason the M4 is not taken over much better weapons (e.g. The XM8, muskets etc.) is because it dosent have 'MaDE iN tEH UsA!!!!11!' on the side of it

That's where the Magpul Masada/Bushmaster ACR comes in.

Honestly, I love the XM8, I'm very disappointed that the project was canceled. All because Colt said it was 'unfair' that no open trials were held. But with the XM8 canceled, the Masada/ ACR looks very promising and hopefully will get the M16 family out. The XM8 would have been the first time in over 40 years that the U.S. military would have had a decent, if not brilliant, standard issue rifle.

And honestly, to this day, I will not buy a Colt product because of their efforts to keep the U.S. military outfitted with such a horrible weapon. If I buy a M1911A1, it's from Kimber or Springfield Armory.

Uncool:

G3 SAS

Just out of interest, what makes you think the G3SAS is uncool Guzzi? I personally like it, had one in fact and yes i suppose i fitted the full stock to it which added a bit of origanallity, but its basically an MP5 with a different magazine.

I think the PTW's should be added to the 'Uncool' section. Why? They are over rated, they are over price and they are normally used by ppl like lewis described :D Why not JM? Because of the technology inside them is good, they do preform well (when they work) and they do feel solid.

"Main" weapons:

Sub-Zero: F2000, AKS74U

Cool: FN FAL, FN FNC, G3, M16A1, AK47

Uncool: railed Armalites, P90

James May: "tactical" AKs

Sidearms & PDWs:

Sub-Zero: M1911, Colt SAA, MP5K, Ingram M11 (the GBB one)

Cool: USP, M9, SIG P229, MP7, S&W M29, Python

Uncool: Desert Eagle, Glock

James May: Five-Seven

In my opinion...

Sub Zero: G36s, AK series

Cool: G3 series

Uncool: M4s

James May: XM8 !!!

Oh and I propose a new category...

The Stig: Minigun ;)

PS Just watched episode 3!!!! The Bentley was so smexy <3

ilikepie~

I agree G36s ARE AWESOME

I'm sure this must have been mentioned, but I can't contain my bewilderment long enough to read the whole thread.

HOW CAN JAMES MAY BE CLASSED AS UNCOOL?

He is the coolest man alive.

FACT

Just keeping it within Top gear - you think james may is cooler than Jeremy and Hammond?

Hammond crashed a rocket car and ended up in a Coma, and came back for more

you cant get much cooler than that :D

And right now I really cant remember if it had SA80 or L85 stamped on it (brains exhausted and it was 2 years ago, bit blury on the details)...besides I used the term SA80 as its the more commonly known name, you could use the terms L9A1 and L105A1 but its probable (but not impossible) that no one outside of the Forces would have any clue you were talking about the Browning High Power and the P226

SA80 is the name of the project and a catch all name for all weapons developed under the project.

L85 L86 L22 and so on are spesific designations for the firarms given by the brittish army.

Browning high power is the name of the gun

l9a1 is the designation for use in the british army

IF you had to come up with a project name for the handgun you would probably end up with "john browning handguns"

and if you had to come up with a NAME for each saty then you'd end up with "infantry weapon" "light support weapon" and "armoured fighting vehicle" (airsoft name for the l22, is it used in real?)

unfortunaly now that we have discussed that we have put the whole saty project into the "uncool" catagory for the same reason as the car with the wankle engine, because you have to explain....

Dont care, i still love em :D

Archived