Right Hook Fabrication Rifles

shooter1125

You just HAD to bring it up again, didn't you greg? :P

We will believe it when we see it.

Until someone reviews this rifle (and we learn what's so special about the internals), or this guy makes another video with a chrono, rangefinder, the works, I'm not a believer.

Ben.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well if you think about it, you can get pretty far shots with good groupings with low fps rifles. i have gotten shots hitting dead on target out to about 220ft with my stock m40 set to ~280fps and using .29 sgm's (sorry, no official groupings), and i can pull off shots like that as long as there are warm undercurrents (or however you say it when they warm air is rising from the ground to meet the colder air above it) so there isnt any wind to interfere with the flight path, but the bb still gets plenty of lift even with a low hopup setting. on a nice day in the desert i can get my rifles shooting pretty far and accurately at very low velocities. one day i was consistently hitting a running man sized target (running cross section from me) over 125ft away with a utg shotgun firing with .20's. so elevation, temperature, and humidity can sometimes make a big enough difference that you can achieve some insanely good groupings at some ranges you wouldnt think possible with airsoft guns, assuming you are dealing with ideal conditions.

now, i have seen gregs other posts, and he has always been very accurate in what he says and seems to know what he is talking about, so as hard as groupings like that are to believe, i am inclined to believe him, and after hitting some of the targets i hit when i was playing in california earlier this month, it makes me believe that it may be possible to get such groupings given the right conditions.

now, my problem (my only problem in fact) with the righthook vid is that the bb is sticking in the target. i have heard of people shooting out to 300ft accurately before, even with rifles shooting under 600fps, and maybe they were able to get just the rite combination of pats that they were able to make a rifle shoot that out to 300ft accurately. i mean heck, after about a year of work on my old g-spec i was getting body shots out to 280ft given calm enough conditions, and that was firing at only just over 500fps. but the main problem is that no matter what you do to your rifle, how the projectile maintains its energy after leaving the barrel doesnt have much to do with the rifle anymore, but rather with the ammunition itself. so how could the bb have kept its energy enough to pierce a cardboard target? from my experience the bb would simply bounce off, maybe leaving a small dent or something, but to have enough energy at 300ft to puncture cardboard when the velocity leaving the barrel was only 540fps?! thats a bit odd.

You just HAD to bring it up again, didn't you greg? :P

We will believe it when we see it.

Until someone reviews this rifle (and we learn what's so special about the internals), or this guy makes another video with a chrono, rangefinder, the works, I'm not a believer.

Ben.

I think there is a difference between remaining skepitical, and acting like you did.

Personally, I am part of the "believe it when I see" line of thought, but I havn't accused the guy of cheating at the sport and breaking health and safety rules at a game, which is pretty unfair to say the least.

I haven't accused anyone of anything.

If you'd have read the post properly, I was merely quoting the now-defunct A.I. 500 thread, which I thought was interesting, as the O.P. said he'd attended A.I. 500, and I remembered someone mentioning the snipers.

Please READ the post before pointing fingers.

Ben.

now, my problem (my only problem in fact) with the righthook vid is that the bb is sticking in the target.

The target was a hevily used piece of cardboard. There were most likely holes from previouse shots that the bb's stuck in. We used that target for shooting Hi-Cappas at

a few days before as well. BB's sttuck in a cardboard target is not an uncommon thing.

BB's from a 390fps AEG @ 27 feet go through it, not even stick, actually go through it,

and most of you are OK with 400fps @ 25 feet, so I don't get what is the deal.

I'll get to a new Video when I get the time fellas, right now I am busy building rifles

for the belivers... ;)

I recently bought the Version 1 Mantis from Right Hook and got to use it for the first time at Operation Fallen Thunder II at a local field. I've got to say guys, I was making some very long distance kills even with this older version that is missing some of the upgrades that the current guns have and I even had some pretty gusty wind to deal with. Now, while I didn't physically measure out the distances for the kills I got, I know for certain that 3 of my kills were from over 70 yards away. (I was shooting at a torso size target at a 70 yard distance 2 days before so I'm pretty darn sure of my estimates.) I

It's great because the gun is so quiet that even when I would miss a shot, none of my targets ever had an idea that I was shooting until they were hit. I nailed one guy who had an L85 and a ghillie suit on from well out of his range and he jumped and then just sat there for about 5 seconds looking around bewildered until he finally raised his hand and called himself out. I am so very stoked on this rifle. :D

post-12020-1216765745_thumb.jpg

If its KJ M700 then I btw it has DB Custom tightbore, Nineball hopup rubber with extra pressure pad or something and G&G Powerpack in it.

If its Tanaka M700 then VSR conversion kit with DB barrel, Nineball hopup rubber and G&G powerpack :D

Bjorn

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thread jacking a pretty old thread about a man's rifle line to ask about a classic barrel system?

Please just open a new thread.

And ask on Classicairsoft.net they will tend to have more info about LRB's that those on arnie's, with the execption of possibly TDS, Thrasher or booster, here, who are also members of Classicairsoft.net

Archived