Tokyo Marui HK MP7A1

Tokyo Marui HK MP7A1

hk5qf7.jpg

Introduction:
I have recently started playing more CQB at my local field, CQB City in Stockton, California. I started out using my AK-74MN from Tokyo Marui, but found that too difficult to maneuver, and my Tokyo Marui 1911 is too underpowered to be a primary. This led me to a hunt for a “in-between” SMG, and I focused primarily upon P90’s and MP5’s from Tokyo Marui. The closed I came to making a decision, the more I wanted to be able to use the gun inside the kill house, which led me back towards Machine Pistols. The MP7 was then brought to my attention, and I started reading about it. One short transaction later at Airsoft Extreme, and I walked out with and MP7 and six MAG midcaps. The gun is packaged with the usual for TM, containing a cleaning rod, the manuals, and some bb’s, along with the gun. The entire package is very professional looking.

hkmp79fd3.jpg

Externals:
My example is slightly sub-par as far as externals go. Airsoft Extreme uses a soldering iron to get rid of the trademarks. This lets them get the replicas through customs more easily. Personally, I would rather purchase my replicas through a local dealer, since the customer service experience is almost always superior when you are face to face. Also, I am impatient.

I was initially worried that the fore-grip would be flimsy and sub-par, but it is rock solid, no give whatsoever. The retractable stock is also a design feat, being made of metal with a rubber pad. This deploys with a solid click, retracts with a solid clack, and has no wobble in between.

The iron sights are another plus. There are standard pistol sights when they are flipped down, and well constructed rifle-style sights when they are flipped up. These make it extremely easy to acquire targets when the stock is in its fully deployed position, which is most of the time in my experience.

The battery compartment is well hidden, but easily accessible. I was a little worried when I saw where it would be mounted, foreseeing some terrible wobble developing in just days. I was completely happy to find out the there is an incredibly robust closing mechanism, making sure that there will be no issues here in the future. It is a difficult to depress button, and when you slide the front end back on, you are greeted by a solid and audible closing procedure.

hkmp77pw8.jpg

Metal:
Metal bits are present in the rails, the sights, the retractable stock, all the controls, and the flash hider/silencer extension. They are all TM’s standard metal, no visible pockmarks, but not the single best I have seen, either. They will stand up to use easily, but don’t expect them to match your real steal stuff.

hkmp78vu8.jpg

Performance:
The next thing that I really wanted to find out was how well the gun would shoot completely stock. I loaded the included lowcap, filling it to the brim with all fifty rounds without and issue in their loading. Putting the magazine into the gun is a simple affair, and also is a nice and solid procedure. I quickly went ahead and fired some rounds on semi, and then switched to auto to burst a few more. The gun was firing low, of course, but consistently. A quick hop up adjustment fixed this issue, and the bb’s were flying straight and true in moments.

The hop up is the regular design seen from TM, and is completely solid and rigid. It can actually be difficult to modify the hop up since its so stiff, unless you take the time to really fiddle with it. It will under no circumstances shift, holding its position easily.

As far as accuracy goes, I can currently only offer my observations, though some accuracy charts will be edited into this review in a few hours. The gun fired from roughly sixty feet away can accurately hit a 4”x7” square with only a few flyers. Keep in mind, however, that this is an estimate made from a handheld position, and could very well be slightly better or slightly worse.

The only cons that I noticed while shooting it were ones involved exclusively with my MAG magazines. They would occasionally miss feed, and would need a nice smack on the base to reseat it inside the magazine well.

From other reviews and chronoing at the CQB game, the gun shoots a solid 245-250 stock. I do not see any issue with this, as it is plenty for CQB use. We are here to play airsoft, not to hurt people! The rate of fire is perfectly fine, clocking in slightly slower than a regular AEG.

hkmp71yt8.jpg

Skirmish Use:
In my game at CQB City, I found the gun to be ideal. It was easily useable inside the buildings with the stock folded, and was transformed into a suitable longer range weapon with the stock deployed. I was the bane of many people inside the kill house, easily able to acquire a target and quickly engage. The midcaps have far more capacity than the pistols that are allowed in the kill house, so I was able to intimidate and move into rooms with ease, never having to worry about running low on ammunition.

Outside, the gun does have issues with range. I would put the effective range against a standard sized man around 100 feet, making it a CQB only weapon. This is fine for Fort Ord or CQB City, but I would ever use this gun as a primary anywhere with ranges much longer than that. Potential buyers need to understand that this is a CQB weapon or a sidearm, not a battle rifle. You will not be making ridiculous 200 foot shots with a SMG like this. As long as this little weapon is kept inside its own habitat, it will outperform a lot of guns on a usability scale, but remove it and it will fall flat on its face.

hkmp73li4.jpg

Conclusion:
In conclusion, I would suggest this gun wholeheartedly, as long as you will be using it as a CQB weapon, or as a backup. When under 100 feet, I would use this gun before most others due to its size and weight, but outside that don’t count on it to work as well. This tiny SMG makes a perfect CQB primary or snipers backup weapon. Just don’t expect to snipe with it.

I would give this gun a solid 85/100. It is an excellent skirmish piece, and nice to look at, but would really shine with some internal upgrades and some external polish. Keep in mind, if an average gun gets 50/100, then 85/100 is an excellent score! I would pick this gun in a second for CQB or secondary use.

Not sure... But if your using it as a sidearm it will last you the day usually!

Its not that bad just a shame that the batteries are unique and cost a hell of a lot considering

capacaity etc. Thats because there TM i suppose. Quality comes at a price.

I have this gun and i actually think its a brilliant gun i took down someone with a G36 with ease, And i think the

range on it is brilliant although out of the box the Fps is a bit low so i usually aim for low armoured parts on the enemy

so they can feel it and take there hits...

its a fun nifty little gun though and i gotta tell you dont get the galaxy/well/Both elephants clones if you want one

that will work and be reliable. I have heard of people buying 2 of the clones so they can dual weild and they both

broke Lol....

Anyways, Nice review!

Sam

Edited by Stormtrooper88

Its not that bad just a shame that the batteries are unique and cost a hell of a lot considering

I have this gun and i actually think its a brilliant gun i took down someone with a G36 with ease, And i think the

range on it is brilliant although out of the box the Fps is a bit low so i usually aim for low armoured parts on the enemy

its a fun nifty little gun though and i gotta tell you dont get the galaxy/well/Both elephants clones if you want one

that will work and be reliable. I have heard of people buying 2 of the clones so they can dual weild and they both

broke Lol....

Anyways, Nice review!

Sam

lol, mmm..i might get one then to use as a sidearm, atleast it will get rid of the GBB so i wont have to keep refilling it :)

nice review, how many rounds can you get out of a battery in that?

As a sidearm, this would last you all day easily. The batteries have been getting between 500-700 shots with mine, so I would not worry about capacity. I bought two batteries and haven't run into any issues yet.

broke Lol....

Anyways, Nice review!

Sam

My experience has been the same. The gun is as accurate as many AEGs even though it has a lower FPS, and can contend with them right out of the box. TM has really made a great little gun here, accurate and super compact!

As I said in the review, keep the MP7 in its home field (CQB) and you wont run into a single problem! Aim for the bare parts on someone and you wont need to worry about them not calling their hits...

If you are going to buy one, buy the TM. You can save some money buying clone versions, but once they are ruined it will have just been wasted money. I had two friends who bought the JG(?) version, and they wouldn't feed correctly, wouldn't shoot straight, and had a far lower FPS right out of the box. If you buy a MP7, buy TM.

As a sidearm, this would last you all day easily. The batteries have been getting between 500-700 shots with mine, so I would not worry about capacity. I bought two batteries and haven't run into any issues yet.

My experience has been the same. The gun is as accurate as many AEGs even though it has a lower FPS, and can contend with them right out of the box. TM has really made a great little gun here, accurate and super compact!

As I said in the review, keep the MP7 in its home field (CQB) and you wont run into a single problem! Aim for the bare parts on someone and you wont need to worry about them not calling their hits...

If you are going to buy one, buy the TM. You can save some money buying clone versions, but once they are ruined it will have just been wasted money. I had two friends who bought the JG(?) version, and they wouldn't feed correctly, wouldn't shoot straight, and had a far lower FPS right out of the box. If you buy a MP7, buy TM.

that will be the Well version then. Galaxy version has had some reasonable reviews and the FPS is about the same as the TM (finish is way nicer after holding one at site)

that will be the Well version then. Galaxy version has had some reasonable reviews and the FPS is about the same as the TM (finish is way nicer after holding one at site)

The biggest issue with the clones is the reliability. It might be fine out of the box, but use it a few times and they tend to fall apart in your hands. I still would trust TM to make a more reliable and consistent gun than any of the Chinese clones. They are catching up to TM and VFC, but they aren't there yet.

• 2 years later...

I have owned 3 MP7.

When I got my first MP7, I thought that it ran a little weak, only getting around 70 m/s. Even in doors I could see the BBs, and people were almost dodging them :)

I sold it soon afterwards as I was new to airsoft and didn't want to ruin it with upgrading it by myself.

A few months later a fellow local forum user was selling his. He had done every upgrade that could be done, and the gun was shooting at 86m/s. This was a huge improvement, and I used the MP7 almost exclusively for about 6 months. It is awesome with the Marui tracer unit and with the Marui tactical light and MP7 battery adapter. You get way more battery life and better trigger response from this set up as well.

I eventually sold it to buy something else, but then bought a gas MP7.

I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Great pictures by the way :)

Excellent gun out of the box, even better with some tweaks. Changed mine to run on a 7.4 lipo 850mah that fits into the existing battery compartment, often run it as my main gun at my local sight which is a mix of open woodland and cqb close buildings. Perhaps one of the most under rated aep's out here. The lipo usually lasts all day without me having to change it.

Sure mate

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtreme/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=169&category_id=5&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

xtreme LP2S850CX it's designed to go into a mini remote control helicopter. You will have to use something like micro deans to fit it all in.

GIJoeme-1-1.jpg

320-330 FPS with .20g

Two years later with all that Nineball and Laylax has to offer for this AEP, I still think it's one of my most user friendly guns, It's just fun. I need to upgrade to a better battery set up. Switching between two Battery's during a day gets annoying.

Edited by Special K