Bitter End Airsoft Goggles™ Review

Bitter End Airsoft Goggles Review

The Impetus:

Back in late May of this year (Memorial Day weekend), my team and I once again attended OP:Lion Claws. We had a great time even with the unexpected weather conditions on the second day. We woke up early to discover there had been significant rainfall during the night, and while the rain had eased up a bit, the verdict was.... it was gonna be really wet out there. A few people opted not to play, and while I was tempted to also not play I'm really glad I did in the end because the second day ROCKED! I think the only thing that wasn't great about the second day was how many of us suffered from mask fogging. About a year ago I had switched my Japanese mesh goggles to ESS Profile Turbo Fans and installed the lower face guard from my Japanese mask onto the bottom of my ESS Turbofans (here's the tutorial I wrote for anyone interested). They've always served me well, eliminating fog when it threatened to ruin my vision... that is until that day. Even my ESS TurboFans couldn't handle the level of humidity we encountered. I quickly removed the lower face mask mid-game leaving only the TurboFans. That helped but my vision was still far from ideal even with the fans constantly blowing at full power.

It was after that event that I decided I needed a decent mesh option but I as far as I knew there wasn't a lot of variety in the consumer market for mesh goggles. I had used the same style of Sansei mesh goggles for well over a decade and had grown tired of the design and shape of them.

Then I recalled that Lion Claws game control had officially approved mesh eye protection that is made by Western Washington based Bitter End Mesh Airsoft Goggles. So I decided to look them up and see what they had to offer. What I found was a very cool and unique product line. Bitter End takes a large assortment of commonly available eye protection (like Wileys, FlakJaks, Oakleys, ESS, and a large assortment of lesser known brands and models), removes the lens, and replaces the lens with a piece of perforated sheet metal (aka "stamped metal mesh") that has been shaped to be like that of the original lens and fits perfectly in the frame. The result is a cool looking set of eye protection which has all the styling of your favorite eye wear but without worry for fogging.

Looking over their product line, I saw a lot of styles that I liked, but ultimately went with a pair of Fast Strikes painted in a Multicam camo scheme (my prefered choice of camo). I still have my eye on several of BitterEnd's other mesh goggles but I chose the Fast Strikes because I wanted a set of eye protection that were: (1) compact (they're the same size as a regular pair of sunglasses), (2) were full seal, and (3) the shape and style was right for my face. Plus the fact that they can come painted up in multicam didn't hurt (although he can do that same paint scheme on any of his products... he seems to have it down to a science). ;)

So here's what I found:

• The Camo Scheme:
I was a little skeptical when ordering the Multicamed finish. I wasn't 100% convinced that he'd replicate the paint scheme as nicely as his sample pics showed. You know how sometimes a manufacturer will display a sample of something and when you receive the production version the quality and finish is really lacking? Well that's what I feared may happen here but I thought it was worth the gamble. So when I received my pair of Fast Strikes in the mail a few days after ordering it (super fast by the way), I was simultaneously shocked and ecstatic to find that their paint scheme was indeed just as good as the sample pics on the website! At first I thought that he had had them dipped in Multicam using Hydrographic Film and the Water Transfer Process that we're seeing more and more nowadays. Upon closer inspection I realized that he had airbrushed/spray painted the camo pattern himself. It's a most excellent finish and matches regular Multicam well.

camo01bdm8.jpg
camo02bso1.jpg
camo03bzz5.jpg

As you can see from these pics, the camo pattern isn't identical to the one featured on the site. But it definitely has the same feel as the one on the web site. Basically he makes each and every camouflaged piece have a unique pattern much like the real multicam pattern that is a low repetition pattern. (Low repetition is good. It means that it's harder for the human eye to train itself to spot the pattern).

When asked about the options for painting the goggles, Bitter End had this to say:
"I have never charged anything for different colors or patterns. Once the lens is cut, shaped, filed, degreased, and primered the addition of various colors takes no extra time or material.

A pattern, such as Multicam, Woodland or Desert is done in stages and layered. Once I've cut my stencils I can usually use them for 5 or 6 pairs before the stencils need to be replaced. They do require about an hour or so extra time to complete, but I try and work it in to other things that I am working on while each layer dries so I haven't seen the need to charge extra."

- That's great news for us, the consumer! ;)

• The Fit:
They're very comfortable when worn. And the foam padding on the back (which is original to the frames not added later by him) gave me a very close to 100% full seal. In the couple areas where the seal isn't perfect between face and foam padding, the gap is so small it's no more than 1 to 1.5mm at most. Not enough for a BB to pass through and an included strap can be attached to the backs of the ear pieces allowing you to keep the frames VERY securely to your face. Whether or not someone else will see a perfect seal or not when wearing these is hard to say as all faces are different. I found the 1mm slight gap between foam and face to be along contact points at the top edge of the goggles. One of my coworkers on the other hand tried them on and found that the seal on the top edge was perfect, but he could see the slightest gap at his 4 and 8 O'clock positions (i.e. bottom left and bottom right). And yet several other friends tried them on and noted no such gap between goggle and face when they tried it on. Like I said, everyone's different. One great addition to this particular style of goggles is that it comes with a behind the head strap that can be adjusted. Using the strap I was able to get a nice tight and perfect seal all the way round. :)

It should also be noted that I'm in-depth reviewing only one of his goggles and there are several other styles out there which he offers that have different kinds of sealing methods employed. Also, frames that have an arm on either side to hook onto your ear like a conventional pair of sunglasses tend to control the angle at which the goggles sit on you face whereas frames that feature a strap only and no arms (like the Air Strike Goggles or the Sport Goggles) may give you an even better seal because the strap is actively pulling the frames onto your face. Regardless, please don't be dissuaded from any of the glasses style goggles as I have found them to be more than adequate and safe fitting wise. If a particular style of goggles you're interested in doesn't have a strap with it by default, I'd suggest buying a pair of Croakies Terra Cords to ensure that during all your running around they don't fall from your face leaving your eyes exposed.

faststrike01bzf3.jpgfaststrike04dkv4.jpg
faststrike04bos5.jpgfaststrike04ckp4.jpg

faststrike02bvp6.jpg

Folds up like regular Sunglasses:
compactedpy4.jpg

The Inside Foam Padding:
paddingflashbwm9.jpg
Click here for another picture of it without the camera flash.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mesh:

Perhaps THE most important part of these Goggles... the mesh Bitter End uses to protect your eyes. A lot of testing has been done in the airsoft community in recent years as to what kind of mesh is acceptable and what kind of mesh can guarantee you loss of vision. There are currently two basic metal mesh types out there that is being used on goggles. There's the type that features metal wires that are woven together in a cross hatched method. Then there's the type that starts off as a solid metal sheet that is then perforated (pierced/stamped) over and over again to form a mesh like pattern. After extensive testing by many different parties, the common consensus is that the former, Woven Wire Mesh type, is not sufficient for our uses in airsoft as tests show that BBs can exploit weaknesses in the weave and puncture the woven wire mesh. The other latter mesh, the Perforated Metal Sheet type, has been deemed sufficient at deflecting BBs with minimal deformation to the mesh itself.

That said, not all Perforated Metal Sheet is up to the task either. Aluminum metal mesh isn't strong enough. It has to be Steel. The thickness is also important as most testers (myself included) have found that the mesh must be at least 20 gauge sheet steel (the lower the gauge number, the thicker the material is). Then other factors must be considered such as the hole size and the distance between the holes. Hole size and space between the holes not only affects the strength of the material but also the user's visibility through the mesh. You need to find a usable but also safe balance between all these factors. Once in a while I hear about someone wanting to take a wire mesh waste paper basket and cut that up to use for eye protection. I cringe every time. It may seem strong enough to you... but do you really want to risk your eyes trying it? At the very least, you should do extensive testing with the material first to ensure that it's safe to use. I say, leave it to the professionals... like Bitter End. ;)

Bitter End's mesh is high quality stamped steel (perforated metal sheet... i.e. the stuff you SHOULD use), appears to be at least 20 gauge steel (possibly 18 gauge), and has been tested to withstand 400+ FPS hits with .23g BBs at point blank range and showed just minimal deflection. Impartial third party testers (such as LionClaws game control who you know has to be uber strict due to insurance issues) have done their own tests with these goggles and found them to be suitable for the major OPs. Bitter End kindly sent me a sample piece of the metal mesh he uses in all his goggles for me to test in my review and I noted the same findings as these other parties concluded... this stuff is STRONG.

Here's a side by side pic. On the left is the ACM/Japanese style Perforated metal sheet (I think it's steel, but a very thin gauge). On the right is the sample piece BitterEnd sent me.

dsc094782bc0.jpg

A pic of what the ACM/Japanese style Perforated Metal Sheet looks like when shot using 0.23 gram Excel BBs at 390 fps at point blank range:

sanseitest01kz2.jpg

The top three significant dents were from one shot each at point blank range. All three dents are relatively deep and cracked the metal.

The bottom hit was a penetration resulting from a triple tap at point blank range (penetration occurred upon the second shot). This pic is the entry side of the shooting.

Verdict... stay well away from these ACM Goggles. They aren't good enough.

Here's another angle (exit side) to show the results:

sanseitest02ax7.jpg

A pic of what the Bitter End Perforated Metal Sheet looks like when shot using 0.23 gram Excel BBs at 390 fps at point blank range (left pic with camera flash, right pic without flash):

bitterendtest01tz0.jpg

Two separate side by side hits. Note that the metal seems almost unaffected by both hits. It did split the first BB in half but the dents in the mesh were very minimal.

Although the BB was split in two, no smaller fragments ever passed through the mesh.

I then decided to see if repeated point blank hits would penetrate the Bitter End Mesh. I fired 6 rounds at point blank range at a single point (remember it only took 2 hits to penetrate the ACM mesh):

bitterendtest02wo8.jpg

bitterendtest03il8.jpg

bitterendtest04sh6.jpg

After 6 consecutive hits, a deeper dent was created, however no penetration occurred and the mesh didn't even crack... just deformed slightly more than the single hits.

Verdict... while I don't plan on getting hit six times at point blank range all on one spot on the goggles, it's certainly a relief to know that the Bitter End Goggles are up to the task. Thumbs Up!!!

On his website, he's got a FAQ section and he shows what one of the lenses look like after being shot by a sniper round at 460FPS with a 0.36g BB at point blank range.

As for Visibility between these two meshes, I'd say the ACM/Japanese mesh has slightly better visibility, however, it is at the cost of overall safety. Whereas while the Bitter End mesh is not quite as clear, it is still beyond decent and the safety factor is much higher. I certainly never plan to use ACM/Japanese Mesh Masks again in the future. Scary stuff!

• How well is the Mesh installed:

Another important aspect of the mesh is how well it is mounted into the frames. A poorly mounted lens or mesh lens can still lead to catastrophic failure and severe injury if that lens/mesh fell out at the wrong time or slide/popped slightly out of place. Upon examining my goggles, it's immediately apparent Bitter End takes a lot of care to get these done right. The mesh is mounted very securely within the frame and there are no gaps between frame and mesh.

When asked how exactly he mounts the mesh lens, whether he forces the lenses into the frame or if he disassembles the frame somehow first, Bitter End had this to say:

"This is one of the reasons that I cut and fit the lenses myself personally. If the lens falls in, it will fall out. I cut and trim and file the lenses to require a "forced" installation. This is one of the reasons that I am hesitant to install lenses on players existing goggles. Getting 50 razor sharp points of metal into a plastic goggles frame always looks good on paper… You couldn't believe how many requests I get for raw material. In my head I'm thinking, "Then what?" If you screw up the cut .01 you have ruined the entire project and your lens is worthless."

• The Price:

Another aspect of these goggles Bitter End makes that I find equally as shocking as the high build quality is the inexpensive of the goggles. My Fast Strikes cost me only US$39.95 + S&H! (Shipping to the lower 48 of the United States is $6.95 USD or $9.95 USD to everywhere else in the World.) As a matter of fact the majority of the goggles he offers also cost $39.95, with the only exceptions to that rule being the Wiley CQC Goggle, and Wiley SG1 Goggle. The two Wiley's cost US$99.95 and US$89.95 respectively which is understandable considering the base models aren't cheap to begin with and he has to special order the Wileys as he doesn't keep those on hand. Occasionally he'll get custom requests (such as getting a set of Oakley's meshed, or meshing a paintball mask). In those circumstances, he usually determines if the job can be done and sends a price estimate for the custom work. As for $39.95 for the majority of his masks... I think that is a very fair price for such an excellent product (as a matter of fact I have my eye on a pair of his Chopper Goggles).

• Additional Notes:

Since purchasing this set of eye wear, I recently discovered that BitterEnd had bought himself a Sykes Face Mask and had meshed the eye holes (check it out here). I requested that he do the same to mine and I was extremely satisfied with the end results (which can be seen here).

• How to order:

Order goggles by emailing him through his website: http://st6-airsoft.com/mesh_goggles.htm. At the bottom of the product page is a link to email him. Simple as that.

• The age old question... are mesh goggles safe?:

This comes up a lot and usually ends up as a pretty heated discussion. A lot of people have done their own tests and a lot of different conclusions have been made as to the safety of mesh glasses. Most of the arguments lands people on one of two sides of the debate. On one side you have those that say perforated/stamped steel mesh that can withstand a high velocity BB hit at close range (i.e. point blank) is perfectly safe to use. On the other side of the debate, you have those that say that even if the perforated/stamped steel mesh can withstand a high velocity BB hit, that it's still possible for the BB to shatter upon impact and for fragments to pass through the mesh severely damaging your eyes. Personally, I've been airsofting for almost 19 years now (since 1989). For about 15 of those years I used mesh goggles and 10 of those years it was at velocities upwards of 550fps (hey, it was Hong Kong). In all those years I NEVER saw or heard of anyone being struck with BB fragments passing through the mesh... my team and myself included ( * knock on wood * ).

I asked Bitter End the same question and here's what he had to say on the matter:

"I have never seen it or heard about it first or second hand. I do have to say however that cheap overseas "wire mesh" goggles are much riskier. As is cheap bio bb's, some of them break coming out of the gun?? I have never had even the slightest concern with regard to my stamped steel lenses. The design of the perforations and the relatively flat front, repels bb's nicely."

That said here's the obligatory disclaimer that you should always keep in mind when using Mesh Goggles (lifted from BitterEnd's website):

• You understand that these goggles have been MODIFIED and DO NOT meet any ANSI guidelines or requirements

• You assume any and all risk of injury of any kind that may occur while using these modified goggles and hold harmless Bitter End Airsoft Goggles™ and any agent or representatives

• You know and understand all of the DANGERS of high speed flying projectiles while using and shooting Airsoft equipment and the potential for serious injury

Conclusion:

I strongly recommend that you check out his product line. I think, like me, you'll be very pleasantly surprised by how nice these pieces of eye protection are. :) The Fast Strikes I bought are excellent and very affordable for the average airsofter, and from the looks of things, the rest of his product line is equally as impressive. If you're thinking about getting mesh goggles, I'd say Bitter End is the premiere maker of them!

faststrike03bps3.jpg

Happy 'Softing! :)

umm...how can u be so sure that small shards didn't penetrate when the BBs shattered? how can u be sure that shards won't penetrate from different angles or different BB manufacturers?

metal mesh goggles, regardless of what material or how its made, are frankly, dangerous for your eyes playing airsoft. people who wear them are simply rolling the dice about the health of their eyes.

if u have a problem with fogging, get ESS turbofans. for non-fan models...try the bolle T800, they resist fog well also.

if u have a problem with fogging, get ESS turbofans.

[ About a year ago I had switched my Japanese mesh goggles to ESS Profile Turbo Fans and installed the lower face guard from my Japanese mask onto the bottom of my ESS Turbofans (here's the tutorial I wrote for anyone interested). They've always served me well, eliminating fog when it threatened to ruin my vision... that is until that day. Even my ESS TurboFans couldn't handle the level of humidity we encountered. I quickly removed the lower face mask mid-game leaving only the TurboFans. That helped but my vision was still far from ideal even with the fans constantly blowing at full power.

Read thread before commenting. Nice writeup uscm.

:zorro:

Read thread before commenting. Nice writeup uscm.

:zorro:

Thanks for pointing that out for him DannyBoy.

Chillin', I respect your opinion on this matter, however after using mesh goggles for well over a decade now, I've simply formed my own opinion.

Given your response, it seems that you've come in here, not read anything I posted and posted your own knee jerk reaction to mesh goggles. If you deem it unsafe, then don't use them. I've done a lot of my own testing over the years and came to my own conclusions as have many others.

Have you done a test with different types of bb's to check for any bits passing through. Bio BB's i find shatter easier, and while its nice to know this mesh is made of a higher quality material, all that is pointless when you have plastic shards in your pupil when *suitcasey* bb particles pass through the holes.

Edited by Azulsky
Have you done a test with different types of bb's to check for any bits passing through. Bio BB's i find shatter easier, and while its nice to know this mesh is made of a higher quality material, all that is pointless when you have plastic shards in your pupil when *suitcasey* bb particles pass through the holes.

Good point. Yep, a couple days later I tried it with Excel Bio BBs (both 0.2g and 0.25g), Airsoft Elite 0.2g BioBBs, Javelin 0.2g BBs, and Excel 0.25g BBs. No fragments caught going past the mesh even though one in eight BBs broke in half during testing. I also tested different ranges from point blank, then 5 feet, 10 feet, 20 feet, 30 feet, 45 feet, 75 feet (45 feet and 75 feet took some time to test).

Testing was done using a larger piece of 20 gauge perforated steel mesh material (almost identical to the Bitter End mesh). I took the piece and mounted felt black cloth behind it that acted as a catch for any BB fragments. Zero fragments were found during testing.

Also, after 15 years of using mesh goggles, I have never once experienced fragments passing through the mesh.

for non-fan models...try the bolle T800, they resist fog well also.

from experience, I wouldn't say that. Furthermore, the T800s were designed to be used with helmets. When worn with helmets and especially with balaclavas or neoprene face masks on it fogs like mad. To prevent that, you need yr nose uncovered and it won't fog so badly.

Its excelent to see a company doing this :) .Will you ever bother with lensed goggles again ? How do you find your sykes with the seperate eye holes .I've always found it hard to use my scope when I,ve made masks like that. I think I said I would do this if I got a sykes and someone started on the whole bb shattering thing, and like yourself ,I've never experienced it ,nor anybody I know .I spend alot of time trying to convince people that quality mesh is safe :rolleyes: .Now theres is a product approuved by a big event like this and people still question it :huh:

Its excellent to see a company doing this :) .Will you ever bother with lensed goggles again ? How do you find your Sykes with the separate eye holes .I've always found it hard to use my scope when I've made masks like that. I think I said I would do this if I got a Sykes and someone started on the whole BB shattering thing, and like yourself, I've never experienced it, nor anybody I know. I spend a lot of time trying to convince people that quality mesh is safe. :rolleyes: Now theres is a product approved by a big event like this and people still question it :huh:

I still believe in the validity of lensed goggles. I finally switched over from mesh to lensed goggles 2 years ago when the ESS Profile Turbo Fans came out. However, after a few fogging situations occurred in which even the TurboFans couldn't combat, that's when I realized that I needed alternative eye wear and turned to Bitter End Mesh Goggles. Is the switch back to mesh goggles permanent? Not sure yet. There are pros and cons to either setup. I will say that I wore my Bitter End Goggles this past weekend and they performed flawlessly.

The Sykes Mask with the separate eye holes were great. The eye holes on the standard Sykes mask sits flush against the outer edge of you own eye sockets. Bitter End installed the rubber padding on the inside of the mask that made the inside much more comfortable... but especially around the eyes as it alleviated a lot of the pressure around the eye sockets. The way he installed the meshed lenses was very smart as he offset the position of the mesh far enough away from the human eye (about 3/4") and yet not ruin the look of the mask.

There will always be people who doubt the safety of meshed goggles. It's not like I didn't see it coming posting a review of a product like this. I'm fine with that. Nothing is without risks. The likelihood that something bad happening with these types of goggles is no where near as bad as the danger someone puts their teeth in while playing without lower face protection.

I was just wondering, do you think that taking clear plastic ((like from safety goggles)) and mounting it inside the metal plate would deal with the possibilities of shards?

It would certainly work... however it maybe considered a bit pointless because those lens would probably fog just like any other lens would... making the mesh meaningless.

I see from his site that he does the Sykes mask with mesh fitted. Interesting...

I've mentioned that a few times in this thread. As recently as the previous post to yours. :rolleyes:

Remember that he doesn't sell the Sykes mask... He simply accepted my request to retrofit my Sykes mask that I sent to him the same as he did with his. I don't know if he's interested in doing more Sykes Masks as it may have been more trouble than it was worth it. Still, if you have a Sykes mask and wish to get it the Bitter End treatment... it doesn't hurt to ask him (politely). ;)

Not a big fan of mesh myself and have used ballistic rated lenses for the most part. But its great that you tested out the mesh on those china goggles because I see a lot of players using it, trying to save a buck. I also see a lot of rust on mesh masks. Are the ones made by Bitter End stainless?

I have a custom set of Wiley X SG1's with Bitter End mesh in them for a few months now, fantastic craftsmanship, the lenses are secure and aren't coming out unless I rip the things apart.

As it says on their website they do custom orders (like my SG1's) just shoot them an email and they will let you know the details, A+ customer service and A+ craftsmanship

EDIT:

USCM, Have these been allowed to be used in Lion Claws events officially?

Edited by ECRRRainman

I shall most def. have to pick up a pair, most fields I play at require ANZI rated lenses, but I think these should meet their standards. I've always had problems with fogging myself, as I have never been able to to afford the ESS Turbos. Thanks much for pointing these out to everyone!

Not a big fan of mesh myself and have used ballistic rated lenses for the most part. But its great that you tested out the mesh on those china goggles because I see a lot of players using it, trying to save a buck. I also see a lot of rust on mesh masks. Are the ones made by Bitter End stainless?

Yup, rust can be a killer. Some people don't realize how much their mesh is weakened when rust develops. I know what you mean about people buying the China Goggles to save a buck. TBH, it's not worth it. For less than $40 you can buy a pair of mesh goggles from Bitter End and be confident that it WILL stop a BB. To me, the only thing the cheap China goggles are good for is the lower face mask which can be modified to work with most decent forms of eye wear out there.

The mesh Bitter End uses doesn't appear to be Stainless Steel, however from the sample I tested it appears to be coated from the factory. Regardless, Bitter End paints all his lenses prior to shipping which in itself seals the lens from the vast majority of the elements.

USCM, Have these been allowed to be used in Lion Claws events officially?

Yup! As of this past Lion Claws they have officially allowed Bitter End Mesh Goggles. I believe Bitter End's goggles are the only mesh goggles Lion Claws has deemed acceptable for their events. And as you know, given that they have OPs with exceedingly large player numbers 500+, insurance is a huge issue. So the fact that they have approved these goggles, means a lot.

Here's a link to the official approval ruling for these goggles.

That said, of the many goggle styles Bitter End makes, he does have two models (model 1, model 2) that appear to be lacking foam thereby preventing a full seal. So, to ensure Lion Claws viability, make sure that whatever model you choose to get has foam behind the goggle AND has a strap. If no strap is included, you'll need to buy one. Lion Claws has deemed full seal as important so that no BBs can get past the periphery of the goggles. And a strap was deemed necessary as that ensure that reduces the chances of loosing your eye protection mid-game.

I'd also like to point out that Bitter End didn't just start doing these mesh goggles recently either. He's actually been doing these for a long time now and his goggles are very wide spread in his local community and slowly world wide. His goggles might be new news to many of the players out there reading this review as he hasn't gone to great lengths to advertise his product. It's generally word-of-mouth. And I'd like to do my part to spread the word to my fellow airsofter.

On another note, yesterday I ordered some Chopper Mesh Goggles from Bitter End. I occasionally wear standard lensed Choppers as regular sun glasses as they're pretty inexpensive and I won't get ###### off if I loose them or if they get destroyed. So I'm pretty confident the Bitter End one will fit about the same. Originally I ordered two pairs and requested one be left all black, and the other be painted Multicam. However Bitter End pointed out that the frames of the Choppers have a rubberized surface that doesn't take well to paint. So I just asked him to give them a light dusting of Tan/FDE and call it good. Will let you guys know my findings! ;)

Just ordered 3 Jammers and 2 Ground Zeros from him.. damn this man works fast! I paid on Friday, he's away all weekend and Monday, but can still get them shipped by Wednesday. Very much looking forward to my Jammers. I'll add a short review to this, if that's ok?

Snaged his last pair of jammers in stock (2 weeks till new stock or summat) today, in a fetching Bird suitcase Pat paint scheme! Should go nicely with my new stykes fibreglass face, could it be the answer to no fog, non restricted field of view full face protection?

Review or summat when I get em.

Well, got an email back from him and it looks like I'll have some mesh Wiley X Sg1's soon. :D

He said I only had to mail him the lens holders, so hopefully I can switch out the mesh for traditional lenses if I need too. yaisse.gif

Wow... that's pretty cool. I didn't know you could do that with the Wileys.

I'll add a short review to this, if that's ok?

Yes please do! I should be getting my Choppers soon. I will report back on how they are.