Bitter End Airsoft Goggles™ Review

Thanks for pointing that out for him DannyBoy.

Chillin', I respect your opinion on this matter, however after using mesh goggles for well over a decade now, I've simply formed my own opinion.

Given your response, it seems that you've come in here, not read anything I posted and posted your own knee jerk reaction to mesh goggles. If you deem it unsafe, then don't use them. I've done a lot of my own testing over the years and came to my own conclusions as have many others.

Well with mesh there is a chance, no matter how low, that shards could penetrate. Not so with solid clear materials (excluding large scale tearing of the material of course but that would be a true penetration not shards).

Also just because some has been doing something for a long time doesn't reduce the chance of it happening (to the 10 year comment).

You must accept theres a chance of shards penetrating those ANY mesh goggles - low admittedly but a chance nonetheless.

----

I have read everything you wrote and they do look like nice glasses.

Having lost a tooth to airsoft though i'd be more worried about my face/teeth than my eyes...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with the shattering bb arguement is .I would never rule out the posibility of shattering bbs, as I have seen it happen once in the 10 years I've been playing .It was from a cheap bio ,the player compaired it to having a fly go in your eye. He went to the safe zone got it out and carried on playing .He continues to wear mesh to this day. Theres some factors that you need to take into cosideration when using mesh .How likely is a strike to the lense, that shatters, goes in your eye, and dammage your eye. Which imo on the rare occasion that it might happen it would be unconfortable, rather than dammaging.

HeroShark, that's always been my take on it. As for teeth getting shot out, people should know better than that. You protect your eyes, so why wouldn't you protect your teeth? Because it doesn't look authentic enough when wearing lower face protection? I always find it a little hypocritical when people dismiss mesh eye protection but at the same time refuse to wear lower face protection (like at the very least a mouth guard) because it doesn't look good. Sure your eyes are more important than your teeth, but unlike your skin it's not like your teeth are going to grow back.

Oh it was totally against my better judgement that I went out without lower face protection. I accidentally left it at home and I was not going to leave without a game because it was a 3 hour drive to the site.

I didn't have a anything I could have worn and paid the price...

----

As for BB's shattering I've had that happen too. It got in my eye but an eye wash got the bits out.

Guess I am just unlucky eh? :)

• 2 months later...

Has anyone got one of Bitter End's mesh face guards? It looks accommodating of a good cheek-weld, but I'd wonder how a larger piece of steel would hold up to hits (I think increased area decreases bend resistance, but I'm again posting while tired, and in the thread where I've gaffed previously for the same reason no less).

Has anyone got one of Bitter End's mesh face guards? It looks accommodating of a good cheek-weld, but I'd wonder how a larger piece of steel would hold up to hits (I think increased area decreases bend resistance, but I'm again posting while tired, and in the thread where I've gaffed previously for the same reason no less).

The mask to me looks like he has tried his best to get the deepest contours he can ,without over stressing the material imo. The mask will be just as the goggles are.

Edited by heroshark
  • 2 weeks later...

Played with my lower mask for the first time yesterday. The lower holds up to hits just fine in CQB.

i just ordered 3 pairs of goggles yesterday, unfortunately he has no time to paint them, i wasn't surprised i was 18th in the queue for my goggles to be built.

how long long was your shipping time?

Edited by TeowneD
i just ordered 3 pairs of goggles yesterday, unfortunately he has no time to paint them, i wasn't surprised i was 18th in the queue for my goggles to be built.

how long long was your shipping time?

It's the beginning of Op season so he might be getting swamped, I've ordered 3 things from him and I received everything within a week of ordering here in California. I was also able to get all of them painted, two of them camo and one OD. It all depends on his available time.