This is the G&P 551 Eotech replica. Its for us guys/girls who want a good optic and that eotech look, but not the whopping eotech price. Heres the complete review!

I bought this site for $75(about 47 euros, I did the exchange translation ^_^) off of Redwolfairsoft. My hats off to redwolf, since it took this thing only two days to get here.

LOOKS:

EOTECH2.jpg

Very close to the real eotech. Only evident difference is the lack of the Eotech insignia. For law enforcement/military use is written on the side of the sight. Metal outside shield, and the sight itself is abs. I noticed a very minute dent in my metal shield, maybe 1or2 mms deep, and maybe a centimeter across.. I can only notice it when i run my finger across it. And of course, it looks too amazing mounted to a gun.

KWAFINAL3.jpg

SIZE: a picture is worth a 1000 words. Here is a pic of the sight on top of a M4 hicap mag:

EOTECH3.jpg

OPERATION: To turn the sight on, simply press either arrow button. The round button in the center changes the reticule from red to green. To adjust the brightness, press either arrow key. The down arrow is to dim the sight. The Up arrow is to brighten it. To adjust the site, turn the two adjustors on the right side of the sight. One is for up and down, one is for left and right. I use a dime.

However, this is where I cover the first problem with this sight. These adjustors are very, VERY unresponsive. I would give the adjustor several full turns and I would barely see any movement in the sight. I eventually got it sighted in, but be prepared to do a lot of turning. To mount the sight, loosen the screw on the left side, place the sight on your rail, and tighten the screw. This optic goes on MY KWA M4, and it fits on snug. On my gun however, it is slightly crooked, maybe by 5 degrees. This is because the edge angle of the rail on my gun is less than that of the sight. I plan to slightly sand down the rail for a perfect fit. I've also mounted this to a m16 handguard rail adaptor. Perfect fit.

To access the batteries, lift the tab in the front up.

It takes four of the small round batteries. Redwolf has the exact battery type it needs on its site.

THE OPTIC:

I didn't really want to post this pic, because it is deceiving. I'll explain.

EOTECH1.jpg

1st off, the reticule is much bigger, just under double the size at that distance. Heres an intersting thing about this optic; the farther away your looking into the optic, the bigger the reticule becomes. So, place the sight on your gun according to your preference. The other reason this pic is misleading is that the ghosting is nowhere near as bad as it looks. Its actually barely noticable. Sometimes here and there you will see it, but very faint. Even on the highest brightness i have to squint and focus to even see the ghosting. The only major problem with the reticule is that you lose it in very bright sunlight. You can barely see it even on the highest setting. I live in pittsburgh, PA, a heavily wooded area. 95% of the time I find myself in woodland combat, where the sun isnt as bright. I can see it just fine. As long as the sun isnt in your face or in the path of the optic, you should be fine.

PROS:Sturdy construction, Clear high quality optic, Cheap for an eotech replica, quick target acquisition, looks =P

CONS: The sight adjustors don't like to move the sight very much..., VERY slight ghosting, can lose the optic in bright sunlight, $75 is still kind of pricey for an optic;but its still cheap for an eotech replica.

CONCLUSION: This sight is an excellent one. Don't worry, you are not just paying for an EOTECH look. You are getting a very high quality optic as well. Its excellent for quick target acquisition. It has a couple minor problems, but nothings perfect. A recommended buy. If you an Eotech fan, but not willing to spend the money, or your just looking for a high quality optic, look no further. $75 is kind of high for a red dot, but this is more than a red dot. Also, these replicas usually run for $100+. Dont go waste $130-170 on a Hurricane replica. This is at least as good, for nearly half the price.

Edited by CSC Maverick