Only just had a problem with connecting earlier today. I've been having problems with slowness recently too.

I'm not sure if has anything to do with it, but I've recently noticed that there seems to have been a lot more guests browsing. There was over 600 on yesterday, at around 2 am eastern US time...

Sadly the mods can't tell, we'll have to ask Marlowe and Arnie and then get back to you.

EDIT: Just heard from Arnie, apparently a switch was replaced by the hosting firm last night. Should be fine now but let me know if you get any more outages.

Yep, I got an error message earlier and flagged it to Arnie. The little blue fairies were dispatched post haste to fix it, but if it happens again let me know and I'll ask him to send the Silver Rabbits Of The Third Order Of Kenneth Williams' Homosexual Awkwardness into the series of tubes we call the interweb (armed - naturally - with the Nine Carrots Of Cost Effectiveness). If it keeps happening, the Turquoise Gorilla Of Infinite Justice And Soup will be unleashed to sacrifice the Seven Headed Virgin Weasel Of Abundance with the Sickle Of Silent But Deadly on the altar of KidScotland, whereupon He shall come forth from the Portal Of Garishly Painted Inappropriate Footwear to purge the lands of error messages, Nissan 350Z's, Kate Winslett and fitted kitchen salesmen and all will be well in the world for the good people of Slough (once the nuclear fallout settles down, anyway).

Yep, I got an error message earlier and flagged it to Arnie. The little blue fairies were dispatched post haste to fix it, but if it happens again let me know and I'll ask him to send the Silver Rabbits Of The Third Order Of Kenneth Williams' Homosexual Awkwardness into the series of tubes we call the interweb (armed - naturally - with the Nine Carrots Of Cost Effectiveness). If it keeps happening, the Turquoise Gorilla Of Infinite Justice And Soup will be unleashed to sacrifice the Seven Headed Virgin Weasel Of Abundance with the Sickle Of Silent But Deadly on the altar of KidScotland, whereupon He shall come forth from the Portal Of Garishly Painted Inappropriate Footwear to purge the lands of error messages, Nissan 350Z's, Kate Winslett and fitted kitchen salesmen and all will be well in the world for the good people of Slough (once the nuclear fallout settles down, anyway).

YES!

The tech's buggered up the backup process and had it going every minute of hour in the early hours when they set it up. They've fixed it now, it shouldn't cause problems now. Things should "fingers crossed" be stable. Hopefully the daily backups don't eat into usable time. At present backups are set to operate at around 0500GMT.

Databases for here now total 1.9Gb compressed. ;)

Please let me know times of any possible troubles as well as your timezone, that way I can check to see if all is okay. At this time the server is still way over spec and should have plenty of capacity for us.

:rofl: :rofl: Seriously, wered that come from :D

The tech's buggered up the backup process and had it going every minute of hour in the early hours when they set it up. They've fixed it now, it shouldn't cause problems now. Things should "fingers crossed" be stable. Hopefully the daily backups don't eat into usable time. At present backups are set to operate at around 0500GMT.

Databases for here now total 1.9Gb compressed. ;)

Please let me know times of any possible troubles as well as your timezone, that way I can check to see if all is okay. At this time the server is still way over spec and should have plenty of capacity for us.

Cool, good news.... (except the part about it being buggered up) :P:D

Edited by L4Isoside

Not sure if this relates to the previous chatter but I now have an error message when I try to view the page with internet explorer.

How am I typing this now? I put up Safari as a temp browser, but I'm still a windows fan, I have years of habits built around it.

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/. Operation aborted."

A google search comes up as it being an aspx error. The fixes are gibberish to me at least. Different issue?