TM hicappa 5.1 project

Mr.Hyde

Hey guys,

Ok so I love to use pistols only in games, so I have decided to make a custom hicappa 5.1 or 1911A1 (leaning towards the hicappa.)

I'm getting tired of using Desert Eagles, I want something that is very fast and easy to use. I figured since 2011's are what most speed shooters use it would be a good place to start. I am willing to spend about $480 including shipping at redwolf.

Here are a few parts I was thinking about:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24526

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=22835

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=19114

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=19108

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=19088

My only issue is I would like to make the gun longer. Where can I get one of those 7 inch metal slides to use with the 7 inch outer barrels? Or I wouldnt mind putting a compensator on it either, but I have no idea how to go about doing it.

Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks ^_^

1st of all, good choice with the hi-capa over the 1911. the higher mag capacity is a must in pistols only play.

as for the length of the pistol, be sure not to make it too long as without a stock it becomes pretty hard to lign up quickly, and if a pistol is going to be your primary you will need to be able to lign up a target as quickly as possible. however this is a matter of personal prefferance more than anything else really.

some things to focus on though in order to get the best accuracy (aside from barrel length) is to be sure to get a good pdi .01 barrel, and a good hopup rubber. i suggest the firefly bucking for best accuracy, but it is a bit finicky, so if you have to be carefull not to push it out of place when cleaning out the barrel or anything like that.

i would also suggest a mag-well so that you can reload faster.

anyhoo, that's pretty much all i've got, but good luck with your upcoming style of play :)

I guess that this project could go one of two ways: nice looking gun that can be used in a skirmish or hard core skirmish gun.

If you are building it purely as a tool I would keep the gun very simple. A PDI barrel, Short Stroke (have to watch your mag capacity , and whatever controls help the gun fit your style could be all that you need. A mag well can be fun and of course you will want a stock of spare mags.

If you are trying to build a really nice piece that can be used in a skirmish there are tons of options. Most of your choices have to do with what you think looks good. However, a few pointers. If you get a metal slide make sure that you get a 150% recoil spring set (I like Guarder over SD since it is way harder). An SD rear sight blade widens the rear sight opening helping with faster target aquisition but receding precision on long range shots.

If you want a cheap way to cover a 7" outer barrel I would suggest a PDI threaded comp and supressor adaptor (whole setup runs for $40 rather than 100+). I bought one for my Hi-Capa way back when and it is still great.

When you have a more specific plan I can give better advice.

Also, you might want to check out the Hi-Capa guide in my sig.

Wow those are all very helpful.

@ scithe

This isnt a new style of play for me lol, been playing it for about a year now. Right now the only pistol I have is a 10" leon custom Desert Eagle lol, and I have no trouble managing it, so I think a hicappa with a compensator will be just about what I am looking for.

The only thing I have worries about with the hicappas performance is range, will the firefly bucking help with that? Accuracy is always nice as well. I would not mind hitting 350 FPS along the way as well.

@ Romulus

I am making this gun to use of course, so performance is very important, but I do want to make it look great as well. Honestly, I wouldnt mind making it perform better than a DMR lol.

One of the main reasons I am doing this is so that no one can copy me, I've had it happen about 3 times now that someone else has gone out and bought a Desert eagle, just like mine. It really gets on my nerves as I am anal about being unique (my only rifle is a Real Sword Type 97.) I really want to make it look great, and kick *albatross* ^_^.

For now I would settle with kicking *albatross* as long as it doesnt look terrible. BTW I am using this in woodland games, so long range and accuracy is what I am looking for. A longer barrel would really help for sure I am thinking. Could you give me a link to the guarder compensator kit? I cant seem to find it.

Also I think your links are broken in your siggy, none of them worked for me.

ah, lol. ok, well good luck with the new project, hows that? :P

emmm, as for range, the firefly bucking should give you pretty good range, but mostly i find that it helps with accuracy. i never compared it to any other hopup rubbers for range though and i dont have my hi-capa with me am visiting in the states now, so i cant help you there. but i can tell you that when my hi-capa was completely stock with only a pdi .01 barrel in it, it could hit man sized targets at almost 150ft, so after puting in a long tb barrel, some power up internals, new hopup etc. you should be hitting out to over 200ft with some decent accuracy.

also, why not put a low profile aimpoint or something on it?

I was thinking about a reddot, but I figure the more money I put towards the performance the better. I also need a reddot on my Type 97 anyways so I could justify it if I could find a mount that doesnt cost $75 lol.

Do you know of any cheap options?

sorry, lol. if that was the case i would have gotten one for myself :P

you could try getting a cheapo $30 pistol that has the mount on it and try fitting it to the hi-capa.... it would be cheap plastic, but it would to the job.

ah, lol. ok, well good luck with the new project, hows that? :P

emmm, as for range, the firefly bucking should give you pretty good range, but mostly i find that it helps with accuracy. i never compared it to any other hopup rubbers for range though and i dont have my hi-capa with me am visiting in the states now, so i cant help you there. but i can tell you that when my hi-capa was completely stock with only a pdi .01 barrel in it, it could hit man sized targets at almost 150ft, so after puting in a long tb barrel, some power up internals, new hopup etc. you should be hitting out to over 200ft with some decent accuracy.

also, why not put a low profile aimpoint or something on it?

there is a very big difference between 150' accurate and 200'. Even my TM MK23 on propane doesn't reach 200' like my SR, but ill report back, as i'm getting a firefly soft hop and PDI 6.01 for my Kimber project at the beginning of next week.

Nine Ball makes 7" slides, but they are plastic so I don't think you'll find them easily in HK shops.

I think Tokyo Marui has designed the sight dimensions for the average sized Japanese person. If you're a tall guy with long arms, the sight picture will be way too tight for fast shooting. I've milled the rear sight notch of my Hi-Capa wider than stock. Ideally the gap you see on both sides of the front sight should be around 1/3 - 1/2 of the front sight width.

You would have to make the rear sight notch very very wide before it really affects accuracy. I have quite a "loose" sight picture on my real X-Five, and I can shoot 50mm groupings with five shots to 25 meters off-hand with that thing.

-Sale

The range in woods play is very important. 25s will reduce distance a little but help on accuracy. I play pistols only so I know what you mean. I would recommend another high cappa instead of one expensive one. Only since it is very easy to run a few feet closer and then the distance is not an issue. The extra gun does open alot of possibilities. And you can never have enough mags. Ten is a good number to start with. :D

@ cowboy

I did do duel DE's for a long time, but one crapped out on me and the other is pretty trashed. I used just them for about 6 months to great effect. I could still do it with a DE and the 5.1. I really do want a nice pistol, been wanting one for a long time.

On .25's, they do increase your effective range and accuracy, but overall range seems to drop a bit. I usually stick to .20 unless I'm above 330 FPS. .25 drop my FPS too much and people start avoiding my BB's.

Plus I am going to buy a TM 1911 and custom that too right after I do the hicappa. TBH I want both, I think I like the feel of the 1911 more but the gas cap puts me off.

Here's my list for the hicappa:

hicappa 5.1

Shooters V12 outer barrel

Airsoft surgeon kimber two-tone slide

guarder recoil spring and hammer spring

2 27 rd mags.

PDI Jaggy trigger

SVI grip

Polished spur hammer

PDI 6.01 tightbore

I was thinking about an infinity slide, over the kimber as I am going to turn the 1911 into a kimber. Suggestions are helpful ^_^.

No, it cuts your range and improves accuracy. Don't believe? Try .36 bbs in your gun, measure the groupings and how much the range was cut by.

Heh, I thought we were talking about 0.25 g BBs, no? Since we are making examples beyond the 0.2 vs 0.25 weights, how about you put some (imaginary) 0.08 gram BBs in your gun and tell me how great lightweight BBs are?

Provided that you adjust the hop-up higher to compensate for the heavier BB and the hop-up is able to provide enough spin for that particular weight, the range will be increased when you switch from 0.2 to 0.25 in a Marui Hi-Capa.

On .25's, they do increase your effective range and accuracy, but overall range seems to drop a bit. I usually stick to .20 unless I'm above 330 FPS. .25 drop my FPS too much and people start avoiding my BB's.

At 30 meters with a 1J gun, a 0.25 gram BB reaches the target just as fast as a 0.2 gram BB. Further than that and the heavier BB reaches it first. At very short ranges the flight time is so short that it makes little if any difference anyways.

-Sale

Go shoot a TM GBB and get back to me. ^_^

So, turns out I couldnt order from HK, so I am down to looking for parts in the US (yippy.).

I was going to pick up a prime silver slide from AEX, but it's out of stock. So how are guarder slides and frames?

I was planning on getting a 1911 since I have extra money and a guarder body kit with springfield trades.

Then the hi-capa I found a springfield custom slide.

Last question, will a TM 1911A1 barrel (PDI 6.01) fit the hi-capa 5.1?

Perfect thanks man ^_^.

Gonna have to order those along with the firefly hop buckings for each gun. After recoil springs what do you think I should pick up to get better performance? I rather not get high flow valves as I really dont like how much gas they use.

I was going to do a 150% hammer spring, what exactly is that going to do?

A 150% hammer spring increases your muzzle velocity, but wastes more gas and slows down the return stroke of the slide. It also makes the trigger pull heavier and wears the hammer and sear more quickly. I advise against them in every other sentence I utter about GBB pistols. Only increase the hammer spring tension to a level where it is positively capable of opening the valve, and that's it.

After removing the rear screw, spread the plastic slide while pushing the nozzle away from the slide.

-Sale

Archived