Magpul PTS - PMAG 120 Round Midcap Magazine

pmag-pts-01a.jpg

Magpul PTS - PMAG 120 Round Midcap Magazine

The Magpul PTS - PMAG is a 120 round midcap magazine, modeled after Magpul's 30 round PMAG for Armalite style rifles.

pmag-pts-02a.jpg

Magpul PTS - PMAG Bottom Plate

The PMAG has an allen screw as well as a spring loaded button, which keeps the floor plate secure. I originally thought the allen screw also kept the magazine internals in place, but fortunately it doesn't which accommodates the use of Real Steel PMAG Ranger Plates.

pmag-pts-03a.jpg

Magpul PTS - PMAG Upper

There is a pin, just below the feeder mechanism. I believe that this pin is what is securing the magazines internals, but will confirm later (I cannot find my armorers punch of that pin size right now)

pmag-pts-04a.jpg

Top Magpul PMAGs. Bottom Magpul PTS PMAGs

You'll notice, while the PTS PMAGs resemble the Real Steel PMAGs, side by side comparison shows differences in dimension, design and material used.

pmag-pts-05a.jpg

Magpul PMAG Comparison

The build of the PTS PMAG is solid and as mentioned above, the PTS PMAGs use the real PMAG Ranger Plates. They are only held on by the spring loaded button when you replace the stock floor plate You do not need to use the allen screw.

pmag-pts-06a.jpg

Magpul PMAG PTS on: Magpul M4, CA SCAR, TM M4 S-System

So far, I've test fitted and fired the PTS PMAGs on all my AEG's that take STANAG type magazines and a few in shop at AEX. Feeding has been flawless for far, but will have more detailed test results after this weekend.

pmag-pts-07a.jpg

Magpul PMAG PTS on: TM Type 89, TSI Adapter, PPA Adapter

Compatibility matrix and reference pics here:

http://www.digitalwastelands.com/content/i...5&Itemid=40

Edited by orca
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the trades say? Any closeups of them?

Click the last link. high res links to all pics there.

Any idea if they plan to release the short type and one with mag level window showing simulated rounds inside?

Not yet AK. I'll be bringing these up on Saturday, so you can run around with them if you want ;) Will post more when I find out for sure though.

Click the last link. high res links to all pics there.

I'm wondering more about the other side, which there are no pictures of on the internet or so it seems.

EDIT: the real steel guns that these don't fit in AFAIK are 416, F2000, and FNC (some models only). Those should all be tried by someone.

Edited by Weirdguy
You're going to Pendleton as well? Tan, Green or Hadji? :)

Oohrah. I'll be on a 4th team ;)

try this pic Weird...

pmag-pts-14b.jpg

Hopefully that covers all the sides you were looking for.

If you get a chance can you confirm usage in ICS?

Sorry Burke, I and AEX are ICS-less. You may want to fire off an email request to Airsoft GI. They should have both in stock.

Edited by orca

PMAG Ranger plates have been available for a little over a month at real steel shops and Magpul direct. 3packs run $14.95.

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?ma...products_id=281

Just to footnote this all, the PTS PMAGs will be tested thouroughly this weekend. I've only fitted and fed as quickly as I could in the few hours I've had free since bringing them home. Will post performance data at the end of the weekend.

I thought the RS ranger plates couldn't fit the airsoft PMAGs, or am I wrong?

Try reading the review

The PMAG has an allen screw as well as a spring loaded button, which keeps the floor plate secure. I originally thought the allen screw also kept the magazine internals in place, but fortunately it doesn't which accommodates the use of Real Steel PMAG Ranger Plates.

I thought the RS ranger plates couldn't fit the airsoft PMAGs, or am I wrong?

Well my Real PMAG Ranger Plates fit on the PTS PMAGs...

Performance wise, we had an event today on Camp Pendleton. I had a handful of PTS PMAGs I let a few peopel use. Multiple M4's of various bodies and internals had not fit or feeding problems with the PTS PMAGs. All SCAR's had no issues with the PMAGs. 1 older CA M15 did have some feeding issues though, but it was having feedng issues with other mags as well.

• 3 months later...