Magpul PTS - PMAG 120 Round Midcap Magazine

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dboys magwell didnt like the Pmag at all. It was a supertight fit.

I took out some sandingpaper, and gave it a rub, aswell as some siliconespray, and now it works nice.

I had to sand my real pmags on my real LMT lower. Its not an uncommon problem for polymer/plastic products to sometimes not fit in specific recievers. The same applies for airsoft.

Sanding the lugs on the rear of the magazine will help these magazines fit most lowers. Feeding problems may however still persist. Also, i would NEVER spray the exterior of my magazines with oil, its just asking to act as a dirt magnet.

Well, I will use the pmag mostly for indoor targetshooting anyways(And I didnt use that much silicone spray, just rubbed some on the places I sanded :) ). I am wondering about buying some of the cheap "pmags" (75rnds), but if they are the same size as the pmag, I might not..

So no one has any experience with a King Arms? I'm worried about having issues with fitting. All the G&P mids I have are a very tight fit.

I think they'll fit fine with KA bodies. KA's newest AEG, their TROY M7A1, actually comes with a standard mid-cap PMAG. And all of KA's lowers are out of the same mold. So you should be good to go.

I'm curious as to how they fit in VFC's new line of M4s.

• 3 months later...

Are these made by King Arms for Magpul? I ordered a three pack from Airsoft Armoury which says Magpull all over the description and the ones they sent are in King Arms packaging.

Looks like they aren't as I can find pictures of them in foil packaging.

Edited by Doncommie

Magpul don't make them, as you have found they are made by king arms under licence. I have 7 of them and they all feed flawlessly through my G&P M4's.

If you like the modern look they are well worth investing in.

I'll be able to test my PMAGs with my new VFC SR16E3 IWS in a week or so. Fits fine in my G&P and KA guns so far.

Any update? I think you have said in other thread they feed well. I just want to make sure I get these with my VFC SR15E3 IWS.

Any update? I think you have said in other thread they feed well. I just want to make sure I get these with my VFC SR15E3 IWS.

They fed GREAT. Absolutely zero problems in the VFC SR16E3.

As for Magpul PTS PMAGs, I have never received any packaging in the 30 odd PTS PMAGs I have that led me to believe King Arms had any role in their manufacture. Not saying that they didn't, just that I've seen no evidence of this so far. So if you received a Magpul PTS 120 round PMAG with King Arms anywhere on the packaging, I'd very much like to see it. I do know that King Arms and Magpul PTS collaborated on some level to make the King Arms M7A1... maybe there's more to that relationship that meets the eye. I will say this, my PMAG midcaps feed better than any King Arms midcap mag that I've ever used.

Crappy camera phone picture, not much to see. It's got Magpul and the logo printed on it.

Compared to the high resolution pics on Orca's website it looks identical, it's got that little circle on the top right as well as the rectangle notch in the top of the window and those indents into the side of the base plate.

I can't find anyone selling King Arms PMAGs.

24fjoys.jpg

Edited by Doncommie

They do include a PMAG with the KA Troy. Perhaps King Arms is the partner who makes all the Magpul airsoft PMAGs?

I just hope it's not a situation where they have multiple companies making official ones and the quality varies depending on who made them.

Edited by Doncommie

All my PMAG's came from Airsoft Armoury, and were manufactured by King Arms. I was unaware that Magpul produced these themselves aswell as i have never seen them sold in the Official Magpul packaging.

As for the performance of the King arms PMAG, it is the best performing Midcap i have ever used.

Everyone enjoy the mastery of the PMAG.

It's a really tight fit in my VFC 416, they do go in and out but it's very sudden!

The real pmags dont fit very well on a real 416 due to the magwell dimensions.

Same can be said for the scar in both its real format and airsoft variant.