Magpul PTS - PMAG 120 Round Midcap Magazine

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's why Magpul designed the EMAG. To fit in receivers that would normally not accept PMAGs.

Exactly. They're made for european Nato countries running g36's with stanag conversions, 416's and basically any other gun running stanag mags that have odd magwells.

• 3 weeks later...

To all of the Magpul PTS nay-sayers, the PTS PMAG is a beast. I am sure all of you have seen RS PMAG torture test, where they roll over the PMAG with a Humvee. Since my Humvee was in the shop, I rolled over my Magpul PTS PMAG with my 5500 pound Tahoe. I had seen the PTS torture test on the internet, but I didn't trust it due to some camera changes, so I thought I would do my own. I stuck the PTS PMAG on my concrete driveway and ran over it with my driver side tires 4 times. I went in reverse with it placed behind my back tire, and after I had gone over it with my front tire I thought I heard it crack. I backed up far enough to see that the PTS PMAG was still intact. I then went forward, and with the front tire on the PTS PMAG I turned the tire right then left. I then pulled my Tahoe forward, and I went over the PTS PMAG once more with my back tire. I then got out of my Tahoe, picked up the PTS PMAG, loaded it into my rifle, and the gun fired flawlessly. The PTS PMAG is a scratched to hell, but what do expect from concrete.

PTS-Torture.jpg

how do other mags work in your dboys ? My old D-boys CQB-R wouldn-t fit Tokyo Marui 68 rounders, so I filed the magwell, not the mags.

The idea being that I wanted to be able to use mags from other players, and they be able to use mine.

I will try shooting this mag with other BBs and seeing how it fares. I will also drop it out of a second story window and see how it fares. Are there any other requests?

And while a car running over your magazine may not be your biggest fear, as it isn't mine, it is used to show the strength of the mag. A car is one of the heaviest easily movable objects people own, and therefore an easy way to put the mag up to the most pressure. So based this you don't have to worry about people walking over it, ATVs rolling over it, ect.

Dude... that's so awesome. I'm not surprised though. They feel SOLID. I'll forward this to Magpul PTS. :D

Do they want to send me some free stuff? :D

Edited by rws591
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if these PTS PMAGs can be modified from 120rd to 80rds?

Anyone have experiance with the 75 Rnd mags are they the same quality just the lower capacity and price box of 10 for around $80-$90

Those STARs I bought a box of 10, in my VFC HK416 does not fit in magwell due to design of the upper mag and in my G&P M4 RAS2 fit well but I had misfeed, on a Dboy SPR Mod 0 they fit very hard & got misfeed, on JG M4 CQB got misfeed, on Dboy M4 CQB again misfeed, on AGM M16VN same misfeed. Only replica that was fit in well and work very nice is an CA SCAR-L.

So I sold 5 of them, and ordered 2 PTS PMAGs, but I'm curios about the modification to reduce the capacity from 120rds to 80rds. Hope will feed good on SR16 E3 wich is on the way :D

Edited by hayabusa46
Does anyone know if these PTS PMAGs can be modified from 120rd to 80rds?

Disassemble the PMAG, insert 40 rounds behind the spring ... 80 round capacity. I've done that with G&P mags in the past as many of them didn't have enough strength to push all the BBs out.

• 3 months later...

Oddly enough, I had to get PMags as they're the only ones that fit in my body.

I love them, The feed every BB but one every time.

Only thing is there tight as hell in my KA body(Due to the magwell haveing odd shape), but my looser MAG midcaps, didnt even feed without me holding them in, so Its a good thing they are.

Id reccomend them 100%. Made of great material, not cheap plastic. All 9 of my mags will be pmags. :P

How well do they fit in the G36 stanag adapters?. As they seem to have a tighter fit maybe they solve the wobble problem.

By the way, not PMag related, but I have seen two adapters for the G36 (Private Parts and Battleaxe), and wonder if they are the same or if one of them is better than the other.

Thanks.

how do Pmags fit in duel mag pouches? do the get bound up on each other when going to pull one out? like the waffle ak mags do?

Double mag pouches can get tight, but they do work. You need to make sure that you stagger the height of the mags as they also have those wide base plates. I have my outer mag sit higher than my inner mag.

• 5 months later...
all my mags in my G&P magwell are very loose, will these fit in nice and snug without the need of "gaffing" it up?

Snug, so snug that the magazine doesn't drop due to gravity and it's own weight. It may be due to my "new-ish" G&P metal body and PTS magazines.

I've split the plastic receiever on my 416 using thses, but they work rather well

I do believe the 416 receiver and the standard M4 magazine well are a bit different. I recall me having to literally jam/force my magazine to fit his magazine well while with my G&P it pretty smooth.

• 2 months later...

Well I have a complete magpul m4 and I have 6 of these magpul PTS pmags.

But when I got those mags they did not fit good in my gun and they also did not feed good to .

I really had to use alot of force to lock them in my gun, so I had to do a littile modification on the mags if I wanted then to fit good.

So the hole in the mag where the mag catch falls in whas not good, I cut a little piece of the upper side of the hole and then it fitted very smooth in the gun and feeds perfect now.

BTW sorry for bad englisch, normal I speak dutch ^_^