Japanese weapons(Rubber of course) for CQB

Zaxium2000

Seems like a getting butt hurt thing, I mean you already snuck up on me. Good for you, now you have to further embarrass me and hit me with a sword. No thanks, just say bang and be done with it.

Yes that is a reason. the name of this reason is called "ego" :) Without ego, there is nothing embaressing about being tagged by a sword :)

oh jeez!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh ow. I got touched by a foam sword. that sure hurts. :) Golly. Nobody is saying "take a big swing like you're Babe Ruth with a wood boken". A simple foam or rubber knife or sword, and a simple tap or even a normal thrust isn't going to hurt that much. I mean, if pain is something we're afraid of, then isn't airsofting like, the wrong hobby to be in? :D

Spacemonkey and Punkypink I think you missed the bits where the OP was talking about actually causing pain:

Yeah, but the problem is that, I dont' want it to be so *suitcasey* and flimsy that I can't kill anyone with it.

You know what I mean. I want it to have a degree of pain so the guy fears not calling his hits. But not enough pain to knock him the *fruitcage* out.

There does seem to be a certain amount of call for LARP... why not just go do LARP and keep airsoft as airsoft? It reminds me of that thread about paintair lasersoft that people were discussing a while ago.

Spacemonkey and Punkypink I think you missed the bits where the OP was talking about actually causing pain:

There does seem to be a certain amount of call for LARP... why not just go do LARP and keep airsoft as airsoft? It reminds me of that thread about paintair lasersoft that people were discussing a while ago.

Well I know OP well enough to know he exaggerates a wee bit. Then again, if you can't stand pain, why bother playing airsoft?

Nobody is saying we should LARP. I hardly want to dress up LARP style right? But why can't we ultilize the odd LARP weapon or 2? Thats hardly wantin to LARP. The reason LARP is mentioned is because its where the foam weps which won't cause that thing most of you against the idea seem to fear greatly: pain.

Lets not make airsofting too serious eh? Have fun with it.

Svack: u're a friggin genius but those locks must go :P

I don't have a problem with pain as such. I do try to avoid it, if I can. I don't actually find that airsoft hurts particularly, certainly not in respect to getting shot. I've not taken more than a couple of shots in the last two years that have hurt past the end of the game.

I do have a problem with someone wanting to whack me with a big stick (which is what the OP was describing, several times, whether he was exaggerating or not) and actively trying to cause pain. That certainly is going to hurt the day after.

I also have a problem with the potential actual injuries that might cause. I'm a trained first aider and I run first aid when I'm at games, and having to treat injuries caused by someone wanting to play stupid doesn't appeal.

As for the foam weapons, I guess it just doesn't appeal to me.

I do have a problem with someone wanting to whack me with a big stick certainly is going to hurt the day after.

oh yes, it sure is, if it's from behind :P

As for the foam weapons, I guess it just doesn't appeal to me.

In the interests of safety, its the best option for someone who wants a katana. I'm personally happy with my Boker Applegate-Fairbairn rubber training knife

dude...that's awesome!!! remember...airsoft is a sport about being stupid and having fun (in a mature safe responsible way) and if anyone says that's dumb...just hit em with a bokken...that'll shut em up...i personally can't stand the guys that have to have everything look like just perfect and *badgeress* when something is "out of place" so i love to irritate them with my random acts of airsoft butchery...

IMG_0686-1.jpg

what's not milsim about being prepared for the zombie apocalypse?

:D

?????????????????????? ?????

Its real. I find it more useful than my multitool to be honest.

Got it from a friend of mine who'd ordered a selection of things for himself and needed to make up the value of the order.

Aww now i miss my Seal Pup. :(

Then again most sites do not let you wear a real steel fixed blade during a game, so rubber weps it is.

For me its a tool, not a weapon. I've been carying a fixed blade for about a year now at games, first a 3" boot knife and now the SOG. Never had a problem with either, but if theres a complaint about the SOG I'll just switch back to the boot knife, which, while it may not be seen as any more "acceptable", is at least more discrete.

But thats just the type of site I play at. At something indoors, or highly developed (by which I mean structures, defined paths and open areas) its probably less useful and so seen as less acceptable.

I'm also tempted by a rubber bayonet, just for show. Its making a big deal out of stabbing people that I don't exactly understand.

Thing is, I've been told specifically at the safety briefings at 3 sites now that fixed blades of ALL sorts aren't allowed, hence a rubber knife. As for the big deal, I guess if you can sneak close enough to knife kill someone, well that isn't the easiest thing to do when everyone on the field's got guns right?

Indeed, that's what make them more fun... B)

Don't get me wrong as I carry and use knives in the field all the time, but i really can't see the need to carry a real one in airsoft at all. The only tools I have ever needed are screwdrivers and allen keys- I can't think of any reason to cut anything. Not being a ###### or anything you understand, but in AS, trip accidents happen all the time and it's just asking for trouble. Sheathes are not always 100% reliable. Even in the woods I usually carry my blades packed in pouches on webbing etc. A boot knife is totally unsuitable as a tool knife anyway- a folding SAK would be better or a multitool. As far as fixed blades for other occasions go, you can't beat the Frost's Mora. Cheap, cheerful, and stupidly sharp trilaminate steel.

Anyway, back to rubber before we get locked.. :D

Archived