Japanese weapons(Rubber of course) for CQB

Zaxium2000

So, I was thinking about goin' nuts? What about, for CQB, using only Kunais or a Katana or the big pike dealy, not real of course, with fake blades, maybe a bokken instead of a real katana, maybe some fake shurikens. Since, I am trained in the art of Shinkendo, I know how to use a few, Do you guys think it'd be nuts to have a fake katana instead of a GBB as a sidearm?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude...that's awesome!!! remember...airsoft is a sport about being stupid and having fun (in a mature safe responsible way) and if anyone says that's dumb...just hit em with a bokken...that'll shut em up...i personally can't stand the guys that have to have everything look like just perfect and *badgeress* when something is "out of place" so i love to irritate them with my random acts of airsoft butchery...

IMG_0686-1.jpg

what's not milsim about being prepared for the zombie apocalypse?

:D

Well it wouldn't just be a set of Kunais or a Bokken(hopefully I can find some kind of rubber katana that doesn't feel like a little kid's toy.) For CQB, it'd be my UTG M3 shotty and a Bokken. Like how on HALO 3 with the Hayabusa set, the Master Chief has the katana on his back, and what Seraph looks like in his pic, it'd be like that. It'd be like, I'd be crouching behind a cover, and then a guy would come around and I'd Qeisa cut him or Kidiagi cut his *albatross* and he'd be like AAHHHH HITT!!!!!

Airsoft, go ahead.

But walk into a MILSIM event and you're walking into dangerous territory.

Unless it's a ww2 japanese one. Go for it, samurai swords are awesome, and gauranteed to turn a few heads. Just be careful how hard you hit people- I wouldn't want to be smacked round the head with a rubber sword.

-Matt

Unless it's a ww2 japanese one. Go for it, samurai swords are awesome, and gauranteed to turn a few heads. Just be careful how hard you hit people- I wouldn't want to be smacked round the head with a rubber sword.

-Matt

If I can't find a rubber katana that's worthy of CQB, like it's really flimsy like a little kid's toy, I'll just use my Red Oak bokken.

I would have to agree that using a wooden Bokuto would be a bad idea. During my own experiences in kenjutsu, a wild and or hard strike from a bokken dosnt feel too great. Fingers definitely dont appriciate it at all. Ive never used a rubber sword before, so I dont know how well that would work, but a wooden training weapon just seems like a bad idea.

oh...if you're actually planing on using it...bad idea...i though you just wanted it on your load out...that's fine...but sword sneak attacks are a bad...unless the game is set around that theme and everyone is in on it...and even then it's iffy...

some of the guys around here put on star wars themed games and only a select handful get to use the light sabers and when they do...it's all staged...last thing you want are some little kids with clear springers whacking each other with wooden sticks...

1) I know to use the Bokken skillfully

2) I trained with a bokken when I used to take Shinkendo(had to go to school or else i woulda continued) and I never got injured with it while sparring with only wearing a hakama.

3)If it hurts enough, then maybe people will call their hits, Eh?

1) I know to use the Bokken skillfully

2) I trained with a bokken when I used to take Shinkendo(had to go to school or else i woulda continued) and I never got injured with it while sparring with only wearing a hakama.

3)If it hurts enough, then maybe people will call their hits, Eh?

Problem is though, however good you're training is, accidents still happen. If I were to get hit with what is essentially a baseball bat, I would press assault charges.

I really think your best bet is one of those kiddie plastic katanas. It'd be much harder to injure someone, as they'll break if you hit someone really hard, and they havn't got much mass behind them. As for realism, you'd be surprised what a little paint, time and effort can do- a tarted up plastic wsord will look better than a plain wood bokken anyway.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Problem is though, however good you're training is, accidents still happen. If I were to get hit with what is essentially a baseball bat, I would press assault charges.

I really think your best bet is one of those kiddie plastic katanas. It'd be much harder to injure someone, as they'll break if you hit someone really hard, and they havn't got much mass behind them. As for realism, you'd be surprised what a little paint, time and effort can do- a tarted up plastic wsord will look better than a plain wood bokken anyway.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Yeah, but the problem is that, I dont' want it to be so *suitcasey* and flimsy that I can't kill anyone with it.

One solution might be to buy one of those crappy toy swords, then fill the hollow interior with latex. This will give it some mass and rigidity without making it dangerous. For extra sterngth, you could put a piece of wire down the middle of the latex as well.

-Matt

I'd go for a 2 piece Yari, or maybe some kind of rubber Naginata?

Kama could be fun! Kusari-gama are a little far-fetched, though.

I'd like to see a copy of my Iaito in rubber, not just a normal Shinken.

Maybe a complete Daisho set!?

Ben.

You know what I mean. I want it to have a degree of pain so the guy fears not calling his hits. But not enough pain to knock him the *fruitcage* out.

Erm...of you're so close to kill him with a "fake" sword...I don't see how he cant call that hit...I mean...When he realises and turns around, your "fake" sword it's going to be in contact with him, meaning he is dead...

For example, sometimes, when playing as sniper, I'm hidden in a bush and a player walks in front of me...but he doesn't see me...then, I first take out my finger from the trigger, then aim at him for brief moment, and after pointing somewhere else, i sai "You're dead"...it would be no different if I touched him with the barrel tip ^^ .

Archived