Japanese weapons(Rubber of course) for CQB

Zaxium2000

Why not the reinforced latex swords as used in Live Role Play?

These are very soft and don't hurt at all, yet rigid enough to give/take a good beating. Between consenting adults of course.. ;) MUCH less painful than a point blank BB hit..

I'd love to do it... If you're skilled enough with a live blade/Iaito/shinai/bokken, then with a latex sword you really can't hurt someone anywhere near a BB strike..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to do it... If you're skilled enough with a live blade/Iaito/shinai/bokken, then with a latex sword you really can't hurt someone anywhere near a BB strike..

Unfortunately the vast majority of people would be 'wangers' who would just use one as they thought it would cool, resulting in injuries at the average public game - typically because an ex services type has taken exception to some chap attacking him with a toy sword.

Each to their own though. If this sort of thing is carried out in negotiation with the site team and agreed upon with the other players, then I can't see the harm. I think it really is more suited to a small private game however, than a large public game where people will inevitably be unaware or may not really wish to be assaulted by some nutter who thinks he's an extra out of the Seven Samurai.

This thread rules.

Japan is so cool, I wish I could ride my bokken there and live as one of those illustrators who draws school girls with really big boobs. I also am trying to learn Japanese in school because it's so kawai (or is it spelled more like Hawaii?). People just don't understand how cool Japan is unless you hit them with rubber swords with Japanese names.

Never change Zaxium2000.

And then it would stop being airsoft and magically turn into LARP, :P

Cool idea nevertheless. There's a guy over here who usually plays as a sniper and he is rarely seen, but when that happens, he's usually seen with a toy-ish as ###### plastic katana as he "slices" an unaware enemy who was too close for a bb hit.

Had one guy go to a woodland game dressed up as some kind of ninja all thought yeah okay whatever floats your boat and all that as he was running about with MP5k. All got abit silly when firing directly at him he pulls out a sword of some kind and starts waving it around all grey fox like "deflecting the rounds" he said :rolleyes:

A soft Squeeky rubber truncheon (think dog chew toy soft) really can bring some lulz to cqb and a swat loadout.

Hit the top of helmets only though if the guy is not wearing a helmet ill just touch him with the tip against the back of the neck rather than smack him with it as it still hurts. More for the comedy and humilitation than anything else.

If he gets a sword i get to fit a rubber bayonet to my AK :P

But in seriousness i dont think a site owner would allow it on safety reasons and the fact they probably not got insurance cover for somebody thats just been twated over the head with a rubber sword

If a site owner did give you the go ahead you would probably have to follow the standard rubber knifes rules wish is usually tapping somebody on the shoulder/body etc with it

This thread rules.

Japan is so cool, I wish I could ride my bokken there and live as one of those illustrators who draws school girls with really big boobs. I also am trying to learn Japanese in school because it's so kawai (or is it spelled more like Hawaii?). People just don't understand how cool Japan is unless you hit them with rubber swords with Japanese names.

Never change Zaxium2000.

rofl. :D

Seriously, I see you getting twitch-reaction point blank shots if you try ###### like this.

I think it's 'Kawaii'.

Ben.

It is indeed. It doesn't simply mean cute either, but more of a way a mother would call her child cute, or a person would of their pet. Kawaii infers some form of protectiveness as well as cuteness if that makes sense? 'Cute' is a big part of Japanese culture.

Kuriyama Chiaki no seifuku wa mecha kawaii desun ne..

prod_4417.jpg

More Africa, Hitler?

On the sword front, I didn't realise you were intending tio hit people with it, just do "bang" kills, or carry it as a prop. You're best bet is probably LARP weapons, and opponents with a good sense of humour who know what's going on beforehand.

-Matt

Ok, not being funny or anything, and I'd genuinely like sensible answers, but why are people happy to be hit by 350fps+ BBs that can hurt like hell, but whenever anyone mentions hitting someone with an imitation knife or latex sword, people freak out?

Personally I can't see the difference- apart from the lack of pain from encountering a latex sword/fake knife. A latex sword/knife is a world apart from a wooden bokken or even a rigid plastic knife. Even if you are hit hard there is no pain whatseoever. The only thing that would concern me is not aiming for the head due to goggle safety.

Comments please, but please don't over react and get this thread locked. I really want good answers if possible. B)

It seems like a feasible idea, however, if you are allowed to do it, so can anyone else. I dont like the idea of a bunch of players swinging around bokken (or any hard surfaced training weapon) around in CQC. Regardless of training, it just is asking for arguments and fighting on the field. I dont have a problem with rubber training knives, but even the cold steel rubber sword thing....no thanks lol. I know someone not calling their hits is annoying, but (to the disagreement of some) it dosnt merrit a shomenuchi cut to the top of their IBH either lol.

Seems like a getting butt hurt thing, I mean you already snuck up on me. Good for you, now you have to further embarrass me and hit me with a sword. No thanks, just say bang and be done with it.

oh come on. leave the ego out of airsoft. i got snuck up on and killed with a rubber knife last sat. i've done it myself to others. in airsoft u give some u take some, u have yr fair share of embaressing others, intentional or not, u have yr fair share of being embaressed, intentional or not. its a game! stop worrying about the small stuff and enjoy the game :)

I personally would laugh off a knife kill. It is all good and fun, and anyone who has the sneaking skill (or catches me sleeping) to pull off a knife kill deserves it. Not saying anyone here is guilty of it, but Ive seen people get so upset over rubber knife kills at our local field. I personally think it is entertaining and fun, receiving the kill or dishing it out.

oh come on. leave the ego out of airsoft. i got snuck up on and killed with a rubber knife last sat. i've done it myself to others. in airsoft u give some u take some, u have yr fair share of embaressing others, intentional or not, u have yr fair share of being embaressed, intentional or not. its a game! stop worrying about the small stuff and enjoy the game :)

Where was any ego put out there? No one is worrying about anything, I am just giving reasons why people don't want to be hit with a fake sword. <_<

Where was any ego put out there? No one is worrying about anything, I am just giving reasons why people don't want to be hit with a fake sword. <_<

I mean you already snuck up on me. Good for you, now you have to further embarrass me and hit me with a sword. No thanks, just say bang and be done with it.

Yes that is a reason. the name of this reason is called "ego" :) Without ego, there is nothing embaressing about being tagged by a sword :)

Archived