TM MEU

Utty

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow pre-order :D

so, Which parts are improved then marui Colt 1911 ?

-Beavertail grip safety - gets your hand up higher on the grip and keeps the web of your hand from getting pinched between the hammer spur and rear of the grip safety.

-Lightweight trigger and hammer

-ambidextrous thumb safety

The real guns are pieced together from what's available to the armorer. Some have modified old 1911/1911A1 frames (I think), some may be Springfield frames, they recently the started using Caspian frames. Slides may be Springfield, Caspian, or other. Thumb safeties are usually King's ambi, but they're not always available.

Magazines are probably slightly longer 8-round, rather than old flush fitting 7-round, so that may explain the slightly higher BB capacity.

This probably a very dumb question, but Ive had various results from different places ive ordered from. Do you think the orange coming on the gun will be on the barrel itself (like the more recent marui m1911a1 I received) or painted on the top of the slide? I prefer the former, but I just wanted to know if it varied from distributor or whatnot.

Also, do you think the trades will be removed? I couldnt see if they were accurate to the springfield or not. I just dont want them melted off.

This depends on where you get it from. Some exporters spray the barrel and slide, some do only one. Oh, and some will melt away any bit of writing on the gun. Varies widely, as these things are not done at the factory.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter, as the only sensible thing to do is order a full metal kit as soon as possible and throw away those skeezy plastic parts.

im not kidding about what im about to ask...

would someone be willing to part with the box from their meu, when they get it? i already made my marsoc, but id really like the box that the tm meu comes with, without buying the actual pistol...

if someone is willing, please pm me :D

-Joe

I just got to handle one.

The box looks really cute. I'm usually not that much into the packaging thing, but the light desert colors are a change from the dull dark colors you normally see.

The finish of the pistol is much less plasticky than the TM 1911. The MEU looks more like (although not exactly) like the WA Carbon Black finish. Very convincing, although it's a bit light at 850 grams. The safety is ambidextrous.

I have been holding back from buying a TM 1911 because I knew the MEU is coming out. I'm definitely getting one now. :)

-Sale

Just checked Redwolf this morning, the TM 1911 MEU is now for sale for $152

TM 1911 MEU

TM 1911 MEU Mags (though not yet listed as in stock)

Surprised I was the first to notice this with all our news hounds about.

no, i saw those last night :D

but damn! no one seems to have mags in stock!!! i should have preordered!

blast!

does anyone know where mags are in stock?

sale: is anything about the pistol seemingly different from the A1? what i mean is, do you think that it is compatible with A! MBKs?

-Joe

p.s. im still looking to get a box from one... :D

sale: is anything about the pistol seemingly different from the A1? what i mean is, do you think that it is compatible with A! MBKs?

I think the frame tang will be different so there will probably be issues with the grip safety. Although, I'm wondering if the MEU beavertail grip safety would be compatible with the Nova modern kits for the A1.

Archived