DSR-1: tested by gunnerairsoft

kimkafwan

Here we go!!!

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/forum/viewtop...?f=27&t=422

Pros and Cons:

Good:

*Very Impressive Accuracy!!! I tried a lot of Gas type sniper rifle......even beat the Tanaka M700 I tried.

*Gas tank is HUGE!! it is VERY important for a constant power and Accuracy.

*Very Solid, Full metal receiver and High Strengh polymer lower, will last for some years even you take it out to play every week!

*TM compatible hop up, You can get spare hop up bucking and aftermarket AEG tightbore for it.

*Easy maintainence, just take apart the stock by pulling a lever, and the Bolt can be taken out in 1 second. You can clean the bolt and inner barrel easily!!

Bad:

*Quite Expensive, but you`ll get what you paid for!! icon_e_biggrin.gif

*Heavy!!! Almost 8kg with 2 mags and the Scope!!

*the trigger pull is too heavy!!

*the Striker spring is too heavy, its a bit difficult to push the bolt back to closed position, compared to KJ and tanaka M700`s

.....even beat the Tanaka M700 I tried.

Hahahah. Bad example for comparison. Tanaka M700 isn't accurate out of box either. Far worse than of TM VSR and even stock APS2SV.

BTW. just checked out the pics. The accuracy seems....uh...quite ######. 15m, indoor shot, with no sidewinds, using SGM, the shot groupings are really bad for such expensive rifle.

I guess it would have been better if internals were 100% Gspec compatible but then it would have problem with space limitation since springer boltaction has hugh cylinder. :P

IMO the biggest problem with this Tanaka gas rifle design is the magazine.(I won't even mention the hopup here) The way it transfers gas to the nozzle is just unstable. That spring loaded brass gasket is not fixed position when bolt is locked. This along with other factors create too much variables to get consistant muzzle velocity.

This DSR10 looks beautiful rifle, but bad base platform. This should have been some kind of precharged penumatic, CO2 with builtin regulator(not gas in the mag) and even spring system. But not Tanaka cloned/based internals.

Even still, propane/134a in the mag is going to result in inconstancy. For me; a decent gas powered rifle needs to be pressure regulated from CO2 or even HPA, if not I'll opt for spring powered

Those results didn't seem too bad to me.

I dunno why people are being so harsh about this.

Let's face it, if we all wanted the "perfect" sniper rifle then we'd probably all be using a G-Spec (some with a gas cylinder).

Meanwhile, in the real world, some people like AK's and some like M16s. By the same token, some people like L96s and some like M700's.

Personally, I would just never buy a sniper rifle that doesn't look like the L96. it's the only sniper rifle that really floats my boat.

I know one person who feels the same about the SVD.

Neither are as practical as the VSR10 but, so what?

You buy a gun like this because you want it and then you modify it to make it the gun it should be.

You nailed it, Stealth. A large part of Airsoft is the appearance of the guns. None of us want to be playing Paintball with stupid raygun look-alikes. And I fully agree with your comment about gun performance. With some work, you can make the gun of your dreams perform like a dream. Just find your ideal base-gun and mod away!

This gun is the first of its kind. To my knowledge, there were no previous DSR-1s available. If I had the money available to me, then I would definitely picking this up. Unfortunately for me, unemployed college students don't tend to make much money.

And that's my 2 cents.

-Fat

Wait, I thought that the scope was included as part of the package? Seems RedWolf aren't including one with theirs...

See discription on Gunners:

poster_amp_big.jpg

Edit: Habakure, the price listed on both sites is 768 USD

Must admit that is one tempting piece of kit. But no scope on redwolf, whats that about, typo on there part? Must start saving up, girlfriend wants engagement hmmmmmmm decisions........

Suppose thats why loans where invented

Some people really seem to expect airgun style accuracy out of their airsoft rifles :huh:

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but take a look at this thread. Has quite a few groups at 7m or so from a selection of rifles and bb.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...t=0&start=0

Given that Gunner tested at 15 meters i'd say the grouping is very reasonable.

@ Fal - VSR fanboys take note ;)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...t&p=1315298

Some people really seem to expect airgun style accuracy out of their airsoft rifles :huh:

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but take a look at this thread. Has quite a few groups at 7m or so from a selection of rifles and bb.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...t=0&start=0

Given that Gunner tested at 15 meters i'd say the grouping is very reasonable.

@ Fal - VSR fanboys take note ;)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...t&p=1315298

+1

Ben.

Archived