KSC SOCOM and green gas

The Stormhammer

hey, i was just wondering if it is possible to run the KSC MK 23 pistol on green gas without a metal slide. i ask because i'm buying one for a pretty low price ($148 USD), and i wanna run it on propane, like the rest of my guns. i'm in the eastern US, and 134a isn't really readilly available. i own a KSC/ KWA M9 and KWA Glock 18C which i both run on green gas, soon to be propane.

one thing i don't want people saying is that the power and everything is OK on 134A, because that is not the issue. the issue is that said gas is not availablle. also, i don't have an extra $150 to put down for a metal slide.

thanks for the help.

oh yeah, some of you may remember me as Dirty Mao. that account doesn't work anymore, for some reason.

That should work but you should take it easy and let the gun adjust to the gaas. Get its bearings and make sure it seems functional. Still you should start savin up for a metal slide. Or you could just do what I did. <snip>

Edit by R22: THIRD TIME TONIGHT! A fourth will not be go down well.

Read the forum rules - NO DISCUSSION OF AIRSOFT KIT OVER 328FPS.

um.. it will probably work fine until you have saved up for the metal slide!

Having said that- metals always best. Try a KJW full metal berretta- su-weeet.

(The author of this post retains the right to withdraw this advice and takes no responsibility for said socom plastic slide or other guns or vital organs exploding impressively when run on propane- *stern face* ...most aren't designed for it.)

Yes, many guns don't shoot well until they've been broken in. I have gotten much greater performance out of my pistols in less time simply by breaking them in slowly. Go through half a mag slowly and then shoot fast for the other half. Eject bb's by pulling the slide back etc. Just things like that that will allow the gun to adapt to a certain type of gas. This is also useful when changing between gasses.

Yes, many guns don't shoot well until they've been broken in. I have gotten much greater performance out of my pistols in less time simply by breaking them in slowly. Go through half a mag slowly and then shoot fast for the other half. Eject bb's by pulling the slide back etc. Just things like that that will allow the gun to adapt to a certain type of gas. This is also useful when changing between gasses.

:huh:

Uh...You'd be the first and only. GBBs really dont need to be "broken in"..And an inanimate object isnt going to adjust to having a different gas running through it, itll either work or break.

I suggest getting your head checked, you seem to be talking to your gun to much.

Yes, many guns don't shoot well until they've been broken in.

BULL, where the hell did you get that from? Only metal furniture aftermarket parts need this, and even then they have to be minorly sanded, not shot to be broken in

I have gotten much greater performance out of my pistols in less time simply by breaking them in slowly.

Oh really? What guns are you talking about? Do you even own a GBB btw?

Go through half a mag slowly and then shoot fast for the other half.

...and cause cooldown? How does that acheive "breaking in"?

Eject bb's by pulling the slide back etc. Just things like that that will allow the gun to adapt to a certain type of gas. This is also useful when changing between gasses.

OMG...... I just simply find that funny..

Find all the ###### he's posted on most threads sp00n, he's clearly talking out of his buttocks.

Try and stick to one specific type of gas

Found here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...owtopic=84&hl=#

The hammer usually varies in shape and size. therefore it probably would not work.

Found here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...wtopic=124&hl=#

Other examples found everyone on this forum.. :)

Find all the ###### he's posted on most threads sp00n, he's clearly talking out of his buttocks.

Try and stick to one specific type of gas

Found here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...owtopic=84&hl=#

The hammer usually varies in shape and size. therefore it probably would not work.

Found here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...wtopic=124&hl=#

Other examples found everyone on this forum.. :)

yep. I also noticed hes bugged, his postcount is locked at 1 but hes got at least 20 posts here and there.

Eject bb's by pulling the slide back etc. Just things like that that will allow the gun to adapt to a certain type of gas.

Um.. doing that on most Gbbs usually causes double feeding of bbs into the barrel (creating interesting shotgun effect or blockages), or bbs ending up in the chamber which is just as naughty. Nbbs don't usually fare THAT well!!

edit- ooh.. my first quoting of somebody. cool.

Archived