AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top rail, scope mount... whatever

Front sight? Its like a sling holder AND a thingy for seeing where bbs go :o

(just a standard FS with the sling cleverly wrapped around it - works like a charm)

Muzzle break is upside down to keep rain out of the barrel.

Edited by Rufs

So, while we have all the AK experts here, I have a quick question:

I love the looks of the Type 56-1, but buying an AK with no stock makes me nervous. I have a TM AK-74MN, so I have some AK experience already, but what do you guys think about this? Are there any major issues with under-folders?

So, while we have all the AK experts here, I have a quick question:

I love the looks of the Type 56-1, but buying an AK with no stock makes me nervous. I have a TM AK-74MN, so I have some AK experience already, but what do you guys think about this? Are there any major issues with under-folders?

You get what you pay for; the chinese clone ones break very easily, as the metal is aweful, but if you get a real sword or a teel rmw/inokatsu kit, they're probably about as strong as the real thing. My akms is rock solid.

-Matt

You get what you pay for; the chinese clone ones break very easily, as the metal is aweful, but if you get a real sword or a teel rmw/inokatsu kit, they're probably about as strong as the real thing. My akms is rock solid.

-Matt

I wish people would stop talking out of their asses. The DBoys AK receivers are rock solid, and they've improved their metal casting from dodgy early models to very solid current production. For the price, they're amazing. Even if they were $50-$100 more, they'd still be worth it.

The DBoys RK01S is more durable than the Ino/RMW AKSU kit in some ways, both in material and fit.

he's talking about underfolders. clone underfolders = cyma AK47S etc. and the metal isnt great, it'll hold up fine unless it takes a fair bit of impact (my friend accidently knocked his old cyma against a tree and severed the stock hingey thing in half. then again most of the front sight block of that gun snapped off while i've seen many others with no trouble at all so it might just have been particularly dodgy metal in that case)

the new Cyma underfolder is pretty damn sold but still cant compare to the RMW/Ino/VFC durability and build quality. Steel is just so far superior to pot metal to me its not even funny. Im really looking foward to the dboys AKMs. That should be a beast if its anything close to the quality of my RK-03. The only thing to me that Dboys fails at is the wood, which can easily and cheaply be replaced with RS.

I wish people would stop talking out of their asses. The DBoys AK receivers are rock solid, and they've improved their metal casting from dodgy early models to very solid current production. For the price, they're amazing. Even if they were $50-$100 more, they'd still be worth it.

The DBoys RK01S is more durable than the Ino/RMW AKSU kit in some ways, both in material and fit.

Should have been more specific; I was refering to the two underfolder cyma examples I have seen (including my own) snap on the first game they were skirmished on.

I keep forgetting d-boys also make underfolders ;)

-Matt

Edited by mikoyan99

On the under-folders, he is right. Even the TM likes to snap off its mounts. Cyma and JG are no different than what they clone, so you frequently end up with no stock. Side-folders are completely different.

I personally meant a Real Sword Type 56-1, and I was just wondering if people have a preference for the under-folders or full stock. Personally, I love how the under-folders look, and that is what I am leaning towards. I as mostly just wondering about actual use. What are the advantages for each one?

On the under-folders, he is right. Even the TM likes to snap off its mounts. Cyma and JG are no different than what they clone, so you frequently end up with no stock. Side-folders are completely different.

I personally meant a Real Sword Type 56-1, and I was just wondering if people have a preference for the under-folders or full stock. Personally, I love how the under-folders look, and that is what I am leaning towards. I as mostly just wondering about actual use. What are the advantages for each one?

Every ( I think? ) underfolding stock wobbles a bit up and down. On a real AK this is a disadvantage since the recoil will kick the gun around more than the full stock versions. The stock on my RS type 56-1 wobbles a bit up and down and it doesn´t bother me. If I were to crack a door open or kill someone with the stock, I would choose a full stock version.

I have my sling wrapped tightly around the stock of my gun, keeps it from wobbling.

I personally prefer the full stock, it´s more solid and durable. Good for doing stuff, like braking branches and so forth.

Edited by kaptenn
I keep forgetting d-boys also make underfolders ;)

-Matt

no they don't. i think it was just a misunderstanding on PM's part.

very nice jebus. you should see about bunging a bakelite (or at least bakelite effect) upper on that RPKS and a FAL or M249 carry handle. and of course a romy steel 5.45 40 rounder ;)

I have a romy mag here that needs converting :)

if I went for the carry handle it would make it the later version. the one in the picture is the earlier model.

no they don't. i think it was just a misunderstanding on PM's part.

very nice jebus. you should see about bunging a bakelite (or at least bakelite effect) upper on that RPKS and a FAL or M249 carry handle. and of course a romy steel 5.45 40 rounder ;)