AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here´s my VFC AIMS. Of course the one and only correct red dot sight would be a cobra, but I´m satisfied with the current one (+ this one´s a lot cheaper :D ). The red dot mount is Cyma´s.

Ugh... you are making me regret wasting time/money for those TM AK standards. I should of just got those dammit.

Where did you get the reflex? Ive been looking for them since this pic:

bannersidepla32cz3.jpg

Here is the TM AK-74M post-weathering! I think it turned out fine, I based it off real photos...

*cut*

*cut*

Any recommendations? I think it turned out great, but let me know your thoughts!

Looks great! I always liked the look of worn edges but clean receivers on AK's (unless they have wood kits, then i like em bashed and beaten). Looks like the handguard is a little shiny so i think you should buff it with steel wool a bit, but thats just my opinion

-EDIT- I take it back. looks great as is

Edited by Zman
Looks great! I always liked the look of worn edges but clean receivers on AK's (unless they have wood kits, then i like em bashed and beaten). Looks like the handguard is a little shiny so i think you should buff it with steel wool a bit, but thats just my opinion

-EDIT- I take it back. looks great as is

Yeah, I think it turned out well. The handguards have plenty of little knicks and inperfections even though they look shiny. I am a fan of it just as is!

Just for the record, here are the photos I used for reference. Worn front-end, worn edges, mostly plain receiver.

example1.jpg

example2.jpg

example3.jpg

UBA, you got a name for the red dot? Great looking gun.

Steve

Thanks for the comments, I´ve actually put some effort to it, so it´s nice to hear positive comments.

The red dot is Milspex, cheap as hell (as said previously) and therefore kinda "toyish". It´s this one: http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=17464

uba, what do you think of the VFC AIMS? I was thinking of picking one up.

There´s good information about the VFC AIMS in the review section: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=136093

Briefly my thoughs: well, the blowback function isn´t that good, in fact I have it disabled at the moment. FPS is a bit disappointment to me (0,8J), so I had to tune it up a bit :P. But overall with the steel and wooden parts I´m very pleased with it.

Uba, toyish or not, it looks great on an AK. Seems a bit more appropriate then the fakedot I was going to put on my 74U... and at that price...

Thanks for the info.

And nero, your AK74 looks great... nice subtle weathering!

Steve

Edited by NegativeCambre
Here´s my VFC AIMS. Of course the one and only correct red dot sight would be a cobra, but I´m satisfied with the current one (+ this one´s a lot cheaper :D ). The red dot mount is Cyma´s.

Why a Cobra? It's a romanian gun, not a russian one. I don't know what reddots the romanians use (if any), but I don't see why a Cobra should be any more probable than other types.

Why a Cobra? It's a romanian gun, not a russian one. I don't know what reddots the romanians use (if any), but I don't see why a Cobra should be any more probable than other types.

Yeah, you´ve got a point there. I just thought every ak and variants still have russian "roots" so to speak and therefore optics that come from western than ural are incorrect :) . That´s just my opinion, not a fact at all.

neros, that wear looks amazing. 1000 grit sandpaper?

Only at the very beginning. I decided it was wearing too fast, and went and bought some Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty pads. They worked much better, and produced some excellent wear. The best way to wear it, without a doubt, is the Scotch-Brite pads. They are so much easier to control the wear with since they are slower.

Just got my VFC MTK-83 mount in the mail today from ebaybanned and set about modifying my AKS-74U to make it fit.

The final result is very stable and allows me to keep enough of the rear sight that I think the rear sight would be fully functional if I ever didn't want to use a optical sight.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Those CYMA mounts are great! It might have a problem being on center with the actual AEG, but I havent had that problem when I had one.

Anyway, I weathered my AK on a whim, and I actually liked my results! I used Steel wool and skimmed Guinness' guide for reference. :D

AK74-1-1.jpg

AK74-2-1.jpg

'ak74-3-1.jpg

Those CYMA mounts are great! It might have a problem being on center with the actual AEG, but I havent had that problem when I had one.

Anyway, I weathered my AK on a whim, and I actually liked my results! I used Steel wool and skimmed Guinness' guide for reference. :D

*Snip*

I am loving it. Very much like mine! Which GP-30 is that? I have been looking at a few, and was wondering which are worth it?

It's a STAR GP-30 I got here in the forums. It doesn't fit on my ICS AK74 (contrary to the picture), but friction and a little e-tape fixed that. :D

It becomes more a super spread shotgun, rather than a concentrated burst of BBs. Madbull gold shells just barely stay inside the GP-30. However, I wouldn't trade it for the world. :P

Also, to note: Nero, your picture did spark the whole weathering activity of mine. Yours looks great!