AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scotch brite pads are great for weathering folks, very controllable and less scratchy that sandpaper or wire wool.

Scotch-Brite pads reaklly are the way to go. It looks more even and less like sand paper, and it is way more controllable since it takes longer to do the wear. Much more reasonable to use, and way cheaper. I think all of mine to weather my AK were $2 (US).

Ooooo Ooooo, I finally got an AK (used to have a 74U).

http://lawndartdesign.com/guns/AK_01.jph

What brand is that AK? Looks like Real Sword to me, but I could be wrong.

does this count as an AK? :)

I used to have one of those; ditched it when I found out it wasn't genuine (ak-47 couldn't take that type of bayonet; no lugs) . Now have an east german bayonet, with the wire cutter on the sheath.

Nice knives though,

Matt

Edited by mikoyan99

Too lazy to quote... When I refer to field pictures I am not talking about the ones that I posted. I am talking about the recent Georgian conflict where there was just random camouflage schemes going on all over the place. Also, those soldiers aren't russian? Could of fooled me with the Russian flag on his shoulder.

Too lazy to quote

Really?

When I refer to field pictures I am not talking about the ones that I posted.

My apologies. I assumed your comments were in reference to the photos you posted on the page preceding them. I guess you just posted them and then failed to comment or explain them :rolleyes:

Yet if you can distinguish between in the field and in exercise, why did you post the competition pictures?

I am talking about the recent Georgian conflict where there was just random camouflage schemes going on all over the place.

I can post pictures all day if you want, but I'll simply say this. While not appearing 100% uniform, Russian forces used a small number of patterns to identify their forces. The most predominant of these was the national military pattern, Flora (with it's predecessor VSR). In addition they used Berezka varieties and Flectar-d as well as SS Summer/Autumn, Izlom, and some additional commercial patterns that appeared in such small numbers their mention is unnecessary.

Considering that several different service branches were involved in operations, it is no surprise that different uniforms were visible.

If you would like to post some photos, I'm sure we can analyze them and determine how you've arrived at your misconceptions.

Also, those soldiers aren't russian? Could of fooled me with the Russian flag on his shoulder.

I'm not sure why that particular soldier has a flag on his arm, but he is from a different team. One possible explanation is that the trial he was about to or just participated in called for cooperation between several teams. The patch may have then been an identifier for that particular scenario. I'm just speculating though, and since there are no captions I don't think we can really know.

However, if you look at the other team members who have the same AK's (with their unusual muzzle breaks) they lack the distinctive armor and helmets of the TsSN teams and sport a lot of non-Russian equipment.

Really...

*Snip!*

...However, if you look at the other team members who have the same AK's (with their unusual muzzle breaks) they lack the distinctive armor and helmets of the TsSN teams and sport a lot of non-Russian equipment.

Such a grilling. Let the poor kid go, he was just talking about something he clearly had no real knowledge of!

If someone wants to run their suck about something they don't know about, they deserve to get monkey stomped by those in the know. Too nice? Sheeeeiit.

BTW, I'm hoping to have my G&G AKMS by my birthday, and I'll finally post some pics.

One question....would the Unicorn AKM midcaps work in it? Their shading looks quite a bit more correct than the MAG AKM magazines.

Edited by Moody
If someone wants to run their suck about something they don't know about, they deserve to get monkey stomped by those in the know. Too nice? Sheeeeiit.

Fair enough. I hope he isn't going to die from humiliation...

Edited by neros131

I feel like I never contribute:

img0901nm6.jpg

VFC AIMS and its completely stock. Took out the blowback since it locks up the gearbox on full auto.

If I don't get a better job soon, this fine toy might have to be sold. I hope not since its so awesome!

img0902ib7.jpg

I also learned that the trades are a bit off. They didn't make this variant till 1990.

Oh well I guess...

Ooooo Ooooo, I finally got an AK (used to have a 74U).

AK_01.jpg

Looks really nice, i really want one when i get some cash over.

Also you should bash up the handguards some and rub it in w some motoroil :D

I read you had wobbling probs w mags, i recomend getting real steel mags and convert them since then you can decide when your sawing and filing how tight fit you want, i have made all my mags real tight so they wont woblle abit.

U can check my guide in my sig if u wanna know how to convert real steel mags into airsoft :)

Edited by GRIM!
One question....would the Unicorn AKM midcaps work in it? Their shading looks quite a bit more correct than the MAG AKM magazines.

i'm pretty sure they're just flat colour like the MAG ones. just get MAG and go over them with sandpaper and red varnish (Leaving prominent brush marks) they'll look more realistic than any stock mag will.

also i think the unicorn ones are 150 rounds and will therefore probably misfeed quite a bit (more than the MAG ones at least)