AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm pretty sure they're just flat colour like the MAG ones. just get MAG and go over them with sandpaper and red varnish (Leaving prominent brush marks) they'll look more realistic than any stock mag will.

also i think the unicorn ones are 150 rounds and will therefore probably misfeed quite a bit (more than the MAG ones at least)

Thanks for the tip.

yeah, shame about the trades. the trades on my AKS are for an '86 model, which is too late for a non sidemount with wood furniture :( oh well, its still sex in gun form.

nice AIMS eitherway, its screaming out for some wear and tear and RS handguards :)

I might end up getting RS handguards, but I might just work with this one. Either way I will eventually put some wear on it (naturally) If I can find time to play again.

P1030158.jpg

Kalash AKS74 foregrip with the crappy finish sanded off. Gonna put some stain on it in a moment and post the results later on. Can anyone identify the wood? I wan't to say birch, but I don't really know squat about lumber.

Edit: I wanna know because if it's birch, then I can be safe in the knowledge that I have not just spend an hour breathing saw dust from some Chinese mystery wood that will give me cancer.

Edited by Yuri
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Juriku/P1030158.jpg

Kalash AKS74 foregrip with the crappy finish sanded off. Gonna put some stain on it in a moment and post the results later on. Can anyone identify the wood? I wan't to say birch, but I don't really know squat about lumber.

Edit: I wanna know because if it's birch, then I can be safe in the knowledge that I have not just spend an hour breathing saw dust from some Chinese mystery wood that will give me cancer.

Try using cochineal (I think) as thats what the russians use as a coating for their stuff. I think some guy on RA did it and looked really good.

Try using cochineal (I think) as thats what the russians use as a coating for their stuff. I think some guy on RA did it and looked really good.

From what I've seen, Russian and other wood grips made in eastern Europe look to be stained, so I guess cochineal would be what they used for color then? Atleast Google says it's some kind of dye. I desided to go with a wallnut coloured wood stain because it looked like a good match. A nice dark brown with a reddish tint.

P1030162.jpg

That's the first coat. Looking good so far but it's gonna need at least a couple more to get it dark enough. I'm going for something like the AK in this link: http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/AK74.htm

Hey Matt, it's Comrade, traded some stuff with you before on ASB. If your looking for a faux wood stock, I got 3 to choose from that I have no use for. Let me know.

You could also cook up your own Russian Red stain if you want to go with that. I've seen the formula on the AK forum.

I'm looking to buy a scope for my AKS-74u (the Dboys version). Can anyone recomend one? I was looking at POSP scopes and came across the Chinese version on various websites. Does this fit directly onto the receiver rail? Any modification required? First and foremost is it any good as a scope or should I plump for a different version or the real thing?

Any photographs of AKS-74u's with scopes would be much appreciated :D

And in keeping within thread rules:

dsc00343dl5.jpg

dsc00344sz7.jpg

Edited by Grumman
Just so you know that is a Bulgarian AK74 not Russian, so if you wanted the Russian wood look I've seen a lot of people use Shellac and it gives out good results.

Yeah its this, cochineal is in sweets and stuff, I think they are both made from beatle excretion or some *suitcase* though.

Ak-105 and AKMS, back from the dead:

hpim3650qm9.jpg

New gearboxes in both, now fire sweetly. AKMS is an rmw kit and a cyma aks47, and the ak-105 is a marui beta spetsnaz very heavily modified. RS furniture on both, rs magasine on the akms.

-matt

Edited by mikoyan99
Nice! Who makes it?

Various Companies and countries, put together by me (PMAC)

PMACAD.jpg

I think he converted a RS reciever, as well as other parts from what it looks like nice work!

Reciever, I wish. A few parts yes. Actually a reciever was in my original plan, but since I don't have the right tools I've put that idea off for a while, besides I have to sit down and make a very careful and percise plan. Besides, the "part" I was going to use dosen't have the X Y axis pressed so that put me off. BTW, a reciever can work, but it takes a bit of work, hence me having to have exactly the right things and plans drawn up.

I'm going to have to say your trying to make a Khyber pass build , no?

Yes. I like the idea because I can through on various tid bits to my liking.

He doesn't tell anyone....let's just say.. First rule of "PMAC" is never to talk ro ask questions about "PMAC". You'll know soon enough. ;)

Yeah. I want to keep the really interesting stuff I'm doing with this baby to myself for now. So I'm not saying much. But when things are done, I'll do my usual write up. Originaly the plan was supposed to be a Polish Tantal but had some issues with finding an ICS barrel, then it was supposed to be a VZ-58/AKM love child but the problem was finding an ICS barrel, then Hungarian AMD-63 came to mind but I didn't want to build it on any average reciever, so I settled for a Khyber pass and managed to gather up some god parts.

I'm really trying to have this done by Oct 11 for our (Eastern Bloc Airsoft) team game up at Lenix and show it off and skirmish it and post my findings and so on. Since I'm kind of rushing it, it won't be as beautiful as I had hoped, but it will be fine enough for me until I can do this much more to my liking.

On a side note, like I was complaining to dookie the CA PG is crappy in my opinion, the only good thing i have to say about it is that it feels nice. I have replaced it with my G&G PG, only thing now is that stock release is really tight. But I can live with that.

Edited by ComradeMP1

Odd little question and this seemed like the best place to ask it... on a Marui/CYMA AK-47S or AKMS would it be possible to fit a GP-30 launcher (STAR or ACM) to it if the folding stock was folded in? As in, with the stock folded up would there be enough clearance to fit a GP-30 on?

Erm, maybe I phrased that question improperly!

What I was wanting to do is to attach a GP-30 launcher to an AK-47S when the stock is already folded up and locked in place with the butt end of the stock pressed up against the lower handguard.

Would it work?