AK & Variants Picture Thread

I set up an account with DS and tried placing an order for the AK-47 wood kit you pointed me to but their ordering system seems a little odd and I'm not sure how it works. Is it just like with shops like UNCompany or DEN where you place an order and then wait to hear back in email form with the full quote including shipping cost and payment instructions?

There was nothing on their website that gave clear ordering/payment instructions as far as I could tell :huh:

no idea. never ordered from them, although its on my to do list in the next week if i can.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://calguns.net/

join here, will teach you everything you need to know and more. Good Luck, Happy Hunting

Joined up a year and a half ago, good place, even came across a couple mag rebuild kits and cheap wood kits.

Sorry, just a quick question:

Are the CYMA AKM wood handguards/stocks stained or is that the actual wood color? Also, will RS wood fit with little modification?

Thanks.

I'm sure you can make a real stock work with the right approach.

hey guys, a quick question on Kalash AKS-74Us: would the rear sling loop be strong enough to handle being clipped to a single-point sling? Or is a two-point/three-point recommended?

Just had a look at mine and I wouldn't risk it.

D

I figured you guys would be the best people to ask for this, I'm upgrading my friends TM AK47 with a G&P metal receiver and wood kit and it seems that the last few years he's only had one stock screw and that is stripped and he's been keeping the stock on with duct tape. So I was wondering if the wood kit comes with a new set of stock screws and if not does anyone know the dimensions of the screws? I know that they'll be metric but I'm thinking I can find some replacements online.

Thanks.

M4 x 10 is the size quoted on the manual

http://www.mightyjebus.150m.com/manuals.htm

I figured you guys would be the best people to ask for this, I'm upgrading my friends TM AK47 with a G&P metal receiver and wood kit and it seems that the last few years he's only had one stock screw and that is stripped and he's been keeping the stock on with duct tape. So I was wondering if the wood kit comes with a new set of stock screws and if not does anyone know the dimensions of the screws? I know that they'll be metric but I'm thinking I can find some replacements online.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I don't think you get screws with the wood kits, you certainly don't with the ABS kits I've had.

TM AK47 Full Stock screws are as follows: 4mm diameter, 0.7mm thread * 16mm length. Countersunk. Or rather, these are what I got to replace mine.

One will probably require cutting down a bit to fit, either that, or drill through where the wire goes on the stock tang.

Edited by AKRay

^ Kind of. Base was that CA SLR105U steel version body since I got it for cheap. Trunnion holes matched up so I went for it. Had to do some modding for the locking stock catch. The whole front end is Romanian G, because of the trunnion my mags sit higher in the gun, which is why I had to do some modding to the hop up. Did some magic on the inner barrel to fit nicely into the barrel, the same goes for the G&G bolt. Rigged the wiring to run back into the stock where I keep the battery. All I need to complete the gun is the AKM HG's I'm waiting for and the Romanian Bakelite PG i'm going to make after I finish the one I am making for dookie. The modding of the Hop up unit and inner barrel worked out, gun fires fine. Did some good work on the field today.