AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where to source an RPK barrel + bipod, and a wood kit for an AK-47 to RPK conversion, at a decent price?

I finally managed to pick up an AK, and of course RSOV and Gunner, etc are out of stock / discontinued of both of those!

I'm not too keen on dropping $500 on the RMS kit or more for the Guarder; any other options?

I was thinking taking the front end of a JG Dragunov, but I know jack-all about AKs so I have no idea if this would work..

[edit]

Oh poo, mods, feel free to move/delete, thought I made a new topic in General!

[edit2] Just reported post, sorry everyone! :P

Edited by sheptr

A new company (prolly an offspring of an older one), LCT, has a shitload of converion kits out on WGC. A complete RPK kit, you only need a gearbox, motor, inner barrel and hop up, is 340$:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-KIT-RPK_srch_1

If I were you, Id wait for Kalash to make one. If a full-steel and wood AKSU is 100$, how much would they charge for an RPK? 200$? 210$? 180$?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-KIT-RPK_srch_1

They also just sell the front end's if that's all you need, or other bits. New product out today as it happens.

Please don't ask that sort of question in a picture thread in the future.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by AnotherJesus

Put a TD stubby on there instead of the full length grip. Will end up making reloads a little easier.

If you use 47 style magazines you're going to end up hitting that grip when removing mags from the gun.

Thats a similar setup to my full length AK, nice job!

Thanks guys. I was actually thinking about putting a short TD on there originally. I may end up doing that down the road.

Got any more pics of that setup? that picture just inspired a new ak for me...

That isnt a real T-1 microdot is that? if thats a replica, where did you buy it from? how do you like it?

is that the VFC samson rail? or the one from ebaybanned.

I'll see about taking some more pics. It's a T-1 replica from EB. Brightness is comparable to the G&P M2 except you get 11 settings to work with. The adjustment srews are not working properly. Each screw only moves the reticle as it is screwed inward, and not back when screwed outward. A replacement is on its way. N00btard told me both his T-1 replicas adjust fine. And its the VFC Samson.

Purists, avert the eyes...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/uplo..._1375_91870.jpg

I know what you're thinking...

it needs a CTR stock.

:P

nice... what rail is that? makes me wanna do a PMC/Rail Rape-d AK too!!

edit:

oopss.. didn't bother to read the next few posts.. you answered it already. VFC Samson. Thanx!

Edited by bangus
nice... what rail is that? makes me wanna do a PMC/Rail Rape-d AK too!!

edit:

oopss.. didn't bother to read the next few posts.. you answered it already. VFC Samson. Thanx!

Ebaybanned sells a replica model for $50 actually, it looks nice.

I like "raped" 74U's, somehow their stubby front ends look good when you throw a rail on there

Yeah, that's what I'll, most likely, go for. I can nab it at a pretty sweet price at ASGI right now.

(Thanks for your help via PMs, Plastic.)

Here's a ###### poor picture of AK-74. I added a filter, which helps a bit. Then again, all it is, is another '74, anyway.

AKpic.jpg

Just received it about 2 hours ago. Oooh, the 'dark side' feels oh, so good. :P

Newb question for you guys. How do you remove the flash hider*?

*I have a feeling it's not called a "flash hider"...so please, correct me.

-Vic

has anyone got any worn RS type 56s?

held off on delierately weathering mine, its picked up a few nicks n dings but it would be such a ###### to refinish back to original that it puts me off getting stuck into it as I normally would (with most of the rest of the AKs out there if you change your mind then chances are you can redo it to a more realistic finish than the factory stuck on it whereas thats not really the case when it comes to these)

t56.jpg